Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Eric Church's
'Selfish' Move, a Concession
Apr 3, 2022 7:20 AM CDT
After Eric Church's 'Selfish' Move, a Concession
Country star canceled Saturday night concert so he could watch UNC play Duke
Country superstar Eric Church got his wish. His beloved Tar Heels beat the Blue Devils on Saturday night, and he got to watch them do so, having cancelled a San Antonio, Texas, concert in order to attend the Final Four game. The
New York Post
reports he is attempting...
In Thrill-a-Minute Game,
UNC Beats Archrival Duke
Apr 3, 2022 5:21 AM CDT
In Thrill-a-Minute Game, UNC Beats Archrival Duke
Mike Krzyzewski's career ends with 81-77 loss
- For the 48th time over 47 years of unparalleled coaching, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski took the slow walk to midcourt and shook the hand of North Carolina's coach who beat him. This was the 258th, most consequential and maybe, just maybe, the very best meeting between these teams, whose...
Tiny Saint Peter's Aims
for History on Sunday
Mar 27, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Tiny Saint Peter's Aims for History on Sunday
A No. 15 seed has never reached the Final Four
- Coach K's farewell tour will end at his record-setting 13th Final Four. The Duke Blue Devils extended the career of Hall of Fame coach Mike Krzyzewski for one more weekend after beating Arkansas 78-69 on Saturday night in the West Region final, per the AP . Duke advanced to the...
Watch the Crazy Finish
That Decides Final Four Game
Apr 7, 2019 12:01 AM CDT
Watch the Crazy Finish That Decides Final Four Game
Virginia beats Auburn with 3 free throws, will play Texas Tech for championship
- The University of Virginia will play Texas Tech in Monday's NCAA title game thanks to a crazy finish in Virginia's game against Auburn. (See the video .) With his team trailing 62-60, Virginia's Kyle Guy put up a last-second 3-point shot. He missed, but a foul...
'Disgusting' Sister Jean Critics
Apr 1, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
Loyola-Chicago Bashes 'Disgusting' Sister Jean Critics
The team chaplain left her seat minutes before the team's heartbreaking Final Four loss
- Despite what some critics may have said, Loyola-Chicago's beloved 98-year-old team chaplain did not leave the game in the minutes before the heartbreaking Final Four loss on Saturday and the team wants people to know it. "I cannot believe anyone would insinuate she gave up on these kids,...
Your Final Four:
3 Giants, 1 Underdog
Mar 25, 2018 8:06 PM CDT
Your Final Four: 3 Giants, 1 Underdog
Loyola-Chicago still in the hunt, along with Kansas, Villanova, and Michigan
- Three teams that need no introduction. One from out of nowhere. Though the 2018 NCAA Tournament produced the biggest upset in the history of the event along with a seemingly endless string of wild finishes and unexpected results, the Final Four will look very much like it has over the...
Mar 26, 2017 3:48 PM CDT
In Upset, South Carolina Heading to Final Four
Beats Florida to reach Final Four for first time
- South Carolina has completed its surprise run to the Final Four, the AP reports. The seventh-seeded Gamecocks held on down the stretch to beat 4-seed Florida 77-70 in the East Region final in New York Sunday. The Gamecocks' tournament run included upsets of 2-seed Duke—the preseason No. 1-ranked team—...
$100 Bet on
Could Pay $100K
Mar 28, 2016 7:49 AM CDT
$100 Bet on Syracuse Win Could Pay $100K
Wager was placed when no one thought the Orange had a chance
- In an incredible run that SB Nation says "doesn't make sense" and
labels "improbable," Syracuse beat No. 1 seed Virginia 68-62 on Sunday, the AP reports—making the Orange the first No. 10 seed to make it to the Final Four. And one bettor...
Sorry After Mic
Apr 5, 2015 7:40 AM CDT
Kentucky Player Sorry After Mic Catches Slur
Andrew Harrison got caught dissing Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky
- As Kentucky guard Andrew Harrison sat at a press conference last night trying to explain his previously undefeated team's exit from the Final Four , he let loose with an under-the-breath comment for which he's now predictably sorry. "Karl, could you talk about (Frank) Kaminsky and what if...
And the Final Four Is Set...
Mar 30, 2014 7:34 PM CDT
And the Final Four Is Set...
Kentucky, UConn join Florida and Wisconsin
- It was a thrilling finish: Aaron Harrison made a 3-pointer from NBA range with 2.3 seconds left tonight to lift Kentucky and its freshmen to a 75-72 win over Michigan and a trip to the Final Four. After Harrison's teammate, Julius Randle, inadvertently tipped in the tying shot...
New NCAA Champs: Louisville
Apr 8, 2013 10:46 PM CDT
New NCAA Champs: Louisville
Cardinals take down Michigan
- It's Louisville. The No. 1 seed beat Michigan 82-76 tonight to win the NCAA championship. Louisville trailed by as many as 12 points in the first half but pulled within one at the break and then gradually took control as the second half wore on. One huge factor: Luke...
No, I Never
Want to See
Apr 3, 2013 6:31 PM CDT
Louisville's Ware: No, I Never Want to See the Video
Basketball player says he'll be back after broken leg
- Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware has one thing in common with the rest of America: He never wants to see video of the bone-snapping injury he suffered on the court Sunday. "I don't plan on seeing the video," he tells CNN . "I honestly never want to...
Ware Heads Back
to Campus After
Apr 2, 2013 1:02 PM CDT
Ware Heads Back to Campus After Gruesome Injury
Plans to be on the bench watching game this weekend
- "Back to my brothers I go," tweeted Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware today. He's on crutches and out of an Indianapolis hospital two days after snapping his leg in a gruesome mid-game injury , reports AP . Ware is headed back to campus and hopes to accompany the team...
Mar 31, 2012 10:24 PM CDT
Kansas, Kentucky Will Play for Title
Jayhawks, Wildcats advance to Monday night's game
- The Final Four are down to the final two, with Kentucky and Kansas advancing to Monday night's championship game.
Kansas 64, Ohio State 62:
The Jayhawks won a thriller after trailing by 9 points at the half. They took the lead with under 3 minutes remaining, then came out
Mar 25, 2012 6:40 PM CDT
Kansas Rounds Out Final 4
Beats North Carolina Tar Heels 80-67
- Nothing personal, Roy. Tyshawn Taylor broke out of his slump in a big way today, scoring 22 points and leading Kansas back to the Final Four with an 80-67 victory over former coach Roy Williams and top-seeded North Carolina. The second-seeded Jayhawks (31-6) will play Ohio State on Saturday in...
Final 4 Spot
Mar 25, 2012 4:12 PM CDT
Kentucky Beats Baylor, Nabs Final 4 Spot
Wildcats best Bears 82-70
- Kentucky is taking its highlight show back to the Big Easy. With an NBA-like display from a young team filled with future pros, the top-seeded Wildcats advanced to the Final Four for the second year in a row with an 82-70 blitzing of Baylor in the South Regional final today....
Final 4 With
Win Over Florida
Mar 24, 2012 6:25 PM CDT
Louisville in Final 4 With Win Over Florida
Rick Pitino nearly loses it in win over protege Billy Donovan
- Hated to do that to ya, kid. Rick Pitino nearly came unhinged and his point guard watched the end of the game from the bench. When it was over, though, it was Pitino and Louisville making plans for the Final Four and his protege, Billy Donovan, and the Florida Gators...
Obama's NCAA Bracket
Mirrors His Presidency
Mar 14, 2012 5:44 PM CDT
Obama's NCAA Bracket Mirrors His Presidency
The underdog turns out not to like underdogs: Steve Kornacki
- President Obama released his NCAA bracket again this year and, ho hum, he's got two No. 1 seeds and two No. 2 seeds making the Final Four. Look back over previous years and you'll find pretty much the same thing, writes Steve Kornacki at Salon . Obama—the author...
Texas A&M Women
Win NCAA Title
Apr 5, 2011 10:28 PM CDT
Texas A&M Women Win NCAA Title
Aggies beat Notre Dame 76-70 for first title
- Danielle Adams scored 22 of her 30 points in a dominating second half and Texas A&M beat Notre Dame 76-70 on Tuesday night to win its first national championship. Texas A&M built an early 13-point lead with its aggressive defense, fell behind by seven in the second half,...
VCU Stuns Kansas,
Heads to Final Four
Mar 27, 2011 3:58 PM CDT
VCU Stuns Kansas, Heads to Final Four
The 11th-seeded team upsets No. 1 seed Kansas 71-61
- Jamie Skeen scored 26 points and 11th-seeded Virginia Commonwealth is crashing the Final Four after the upset of the NCAA tournament, shocking No. 1 seed Kansas 71-61 today. So doubtful were the Rams of even making the tournament that they didn't watch the selection show. Two weeks later, they're Houston-bound...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Man 'Cooked Alive' After Police Tased Him at a Gas Pump
Inside the Push to Stop Iceland's 'Blood Mare' Practice
A 'Sweet Deal' for Ex-Cop in George Floyd Case
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Shkreli Released From Prison, Makes Joke on Facebook
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.