Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Takes on Those
Jun 7, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Prince Harry Takes on Those Rumors About His Parentage
Calls the rumors about James Hewitt 'hurtful, mean, and cruel'
- In a witness statement released Tuesday as Prince Harry testified in London's High Court , the Duke of Sussex addressed longstanding rumors that King Charles III is not his biological father. "Numerous newspapers had reported a rumor that my biological father was James Hewitt, a man my mother had...
At Trial, Harry
Gets an Apology
From an Old
May 10, 2023 11:25 AM CDT
At Trial, Harry Gets an Apology From an Old Nemesis
'Mirror' publisher acknowledges unlawful info-gathering at outset of trial, the first of 3
- The publisher of the
British tabloid acknowledged and apologized Wednesday for unlawfully gathering information on Prince Harry, saying at the outset of a trial over one of his phone hacking lawsuits that the prince was due "appropriate compensation." The admission of snooping for a 2004 article...
Harry: I Didn't Know About
Phone Tapping Till Years Later
Mar 29, 2023 6:23 AM CDT
Harry: I Didn't Know About Phone Tapping Till Years Later
Prince testifies in ANL trial that tabloid journalists are 'criminals'
- Prince Harry is among the celebrities testifying this week in a lawsuit accusing a tabloid publisher of phone tapping and invasion of privacy, and in a written filing of his testimony, the British royal says he didn't learn about the phone tapping until 2019, but that his legal team...
British Tabloid Got
SSN in 2016
Mar 19, 2021 7:01 AM CDT
British Tabloid Got Meghan Markle's SSN in 2016
Investigator says the 'Sun' paid him for info on Markle family from restricted database
- Private investigators in the US are allowed to access databases of restricted information for certain reasons—but those reasons definitely don't include digging up dirt on the romantic partners of British royals. Retired Los Angeles-based private investigator Danno Hanks tells the BBC and the
New York Times
Vent Anger at
Harry and Meghan
Mar 8, 2021 11:33 AM CST
UK Tabloids Vent Anger at Harry and Meghan
British publications, pundits excoriate Sussexes, part of what the duchess calls a 'double standard'
- While Americans seemed rather sympathetic to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey on Sunday those across the pond aren't being quite as kind. CNN notes the "tumultuous" relationship the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have long had with the UK tabloids, which...
Harry Sues Paper Over
'False, Defamatory' Story
Dec 7, 2020 2:59 PM CST
Harry Sues Paper Over 'False, Defamatory' Story
'Mail on Sunday' claimed he had failed to stay in touch with Royal Marines
- Prince Harry is now a California resident, but his battle against the British tabloids continues. The prince has filed a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the
Mail on Sunday
, over a story from October that claims he has failed to stay in touch with the Royal Marines after stepping...
Markle: Court Docs
Jul 2, 2020 1:14 AM CDT
Royal Family 'Silenced' Meghan Markle: Court Docs
More tidbits revealed from Duchess of Sussex's lawsuit against the 'Mail'
- Meghan Markle's ongoing battle with the British
tabloid reveals that the Duchess of Sussex did not feel she was protected by the royal family while she was pregnant. Meghan is suing the newspaper group for privacy violation after it published parts of a letter she sent her estranged...
Prince Harry, Meghan Deliver
Bad News to UK Tabloids
Apr 20, 2020 7:15 AM CDT
Prince Harry, Meghan Deliver Bad News to UK Tabloids
They will have 'zero engagement' with UK's tabloid press
- Prince Harry and Megan Markle are putting more than an ocean between them and the UK's tabloid press. The couple sent a letter on Sunday night to the editors of the
Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail,
outlining their "new media relations policy": They are ending all...
Ruling Is Made on Woman
in Love With Her Chandelier
Apr 15, 2020 4:45 PM CDT
Ruling Is Made on Woman in Love With Her Chandelier
Amanda Liberty says she's in a relationship with the light fixture
- Most people like a nice chandelier, but Amanda Liberty? She's in love with one. And she just learned that British regulators will not consider her attraction to light fixtures a protected sexual orientation, the
reports. The UK's biggest press regulator, known as Ipso, made the ruling after...
Co-Star: I Was
to Tell a Lie
Mar 21, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Former Markle Co-Star: I Was Offered $70K to Tell a Lie
Simon Rex tells his story on 'The Hollywood Raw' podcast
- One of Meghan Markle's old co-stars says he was offered big bucks to lie about their relationship, E! Online reports. Simon Rex, her 2005 co-actor on
, claims "a couple of British tabloids" put $70,000 on the table to say he'd "hooked up" with Markle....
Instagram Post Made Public
Feb 19, 2020 8:27 AM CST
Host's Unpublished Instagram Post Made Public
Family of late Caroline Flack releases her last words after reality-TV host's apparent suicide
- It was the social media message that was never supposed to see the light of day. Now, the family of late
host Caroline Flack, found dead Saturday of an apparent suicide, has revealed an unpublished Instagram post by the 40-year-old. The release of her words came just before...
Reality TV Host
Suicide Speaks Out
Feb 16, 2020 4:37 PM CST
Boyfriend of Reality TV Host Who Committed Suicide Speaks Out
Lewis Burton's 'heart is broken' over Caroline Flack's death
- British former reality TV host Caroline Flack killed herself ahead of a trial for allegedly assaulting her boyfriend—and now that boyfriend is revealing his devastation over her death, the AP reports. Lewis Burton, 27, posted a picture of himself and Flack, 40, to Instagram on Sunday along with a...
as Meghan Sues
Oct 2, 2019 6:53 AM CDT
Harry Slams British Tabloid as Meghan Sues
Duchess of Sussex is suing 'Mail on Sunday' for publishing her letter
- The Duchess of Sussex—or, as she was known before she married Prince Harry, Meghan Markle—is suing a British tabloid over claims that it illegally published a personal letter she wrote, the AP reports. A spokesperson for the law firm handling the case says the
Mail on Sunday
No More Topless
Girls on Page 3
Jan 20, 2015 6:30 AM CST
No More Topless Girls on Page 3 of the
British tabloid drops controversial tradition, in print at least
- For some 44 years, British tabloid the
has featured topless female models on its third page in a controversial tradition known as the "Page 3 girls." But no more: Though the
itself has not confirmed the change, another newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch, the
Shame on You,
Jul 9, 2014 8:11 AM CDT
George Clooney: Shame on You,
Actor responds to fabricated article
: so bad that George Clooney is actually responding to one of its articles. The story—which has since been taken down but is still excerpted on other sites including the
New York Daily News
—claimed that the mother of Clooney fiancée Amal Alamuddin objected to...
Oct 28, 2013 8:53 AM CDT
Murdoch Honchos' Trial Begins in Britain
Rebekah Brooks, Andy Coulson face phone hacking charges
- Today marks the beginning of a phone-hacking trial centered on two former bosses at Rupert Murdoch's News Corp: Rebekah Brooks, once head of News International, and Andy Coulson, former editor of the now-shuttered
News of the World.
Brooks is accused of hacking mobile phone messages, paying off public officials,...
UK Report Blasts Murdoch, Press for Wreaking 'Havoc'
Nov 29, 2012 8:56 AM CST
UK Report Blasts Murdoch, Press for Wreaking 'Havoc'
Leveson report being watched with keen interest domestically
- Lord Justice Brian Leveson's long-awaited report on the various scandals surrounding
News of the World
and other British tabloids finally hit today, and it absolutely savages Rupert Murdoch's newspapers and the British press in general. The press, Leveson writes, has "wreaked havoc in the lives of innocent...
May 30, 2012 6:36 AM CDT
Ex-Cameron Aide Detained Over Alleged Perjury
Andy Coulson detained in Scottish case with ties to phone hacking scandal
- The former top media adviser to UK Prime Minister David Cameron was detained today on suspicion of perjury in the trial of a flamboyant ex-Scottish lawmaker—the latest case tied to allegations of wrongdoing by British tabloid newspapers. Andy Coulson, 44, was detained by Scottish police at his home in...
Paid Off Corrupt Officials
Feb 27, 2012 11:55 AM CST
Regularly Paid Off Corrupt Officials
Investigation reveals 'culture ... of illegal payments': police
- Reporters for Rupert Murdoch's
tabloid made a habit of paying off not just the police but also public officials, normalizing a "culture ... of illegal payments," the officer leading the police investigation into News International told an inquiry today. "Systems have been created to facilitate those...
in UK Bribery Scandal
Feb 11, 2012 7:57 AM CST
Staffers Arrested in UK Bribery Scandal
Police investigate possible payments to police, defense officials
- Five staff at Britain's largest selling tabloid the
were arrested today along with three other people over alleged bribes paid to police and defense officials. Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. said in a statement that police had also searched the homes of the five staff and the group'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old's Parents Got Ransom Note After She Vanished
Pope's Comments on Same-Sex Unions Make Waves
House Votes 216-210 to Oust McCarthy
9-Year-Old Who Vanished While Camping Is Found Safe
Break in Kidnapping Case: Suspect Dropped Off a Note
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.