Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Must ID Person
Jul 22, 2022 2:45 PM CDT
Glassdoor Must ID Person Who Wrote 'Toxic' Reviews
Judge sides with New Zealand company that was the subject of scathing critiques
- Glassdoor is a website where users can look for future jobs, as well as post reviews about companies they've worked for to help others determine if a company might be a desirable employer or one to avoid. What allows reviewers to be as brutally honest as possible is the...
Zuckerberg No Longer
One of Glassdoor's Top CEOs
Jun 16, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
Zuckerberg No Longer One of Glassdoor's Top CEOs
He's off the Top 100 list for the first time since it debuted in 2013
- Since 2013, Mark Zuckerberg has been a staple on Glassdoor's annual ranking of the top 100 CEOs. No more. Bloomberg reports he was booted from the 2021 list due to a sinking approval rating among employees. Some 700 of Facebook's 60,000 employees were surveyed—they simply chose...
Big Name Is Missing From
List of Top 10 Workplaces
Dec 11, 2019 11:47 AM CST
Big Name Is Missing From List of Top 10 Workplaces
Facebook is facing increased scrutiny, drops from No. 7 to No. 23
- Facebook has held the top spot on Glassdoor's list of the best places to work three times; last year, it was No. 7. This year? No. 23. That's the lowest it's been since first making the list in 2011,
reports. Reuters blames "heightened regulatory scrutiny"...
The 10 CEOs
Jun 9, 2016 8:33 AM CDT
The 10 CEOs Most-Loved by Their Employees
Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook make the list
- It's no easy task to get 99% of employees to like you, but that's exactly what three CEOs have done, according to a Glassdoor survey. The recruiting firm ranked the highest-rated CEOs of major firms based on more than 2 million employee reviews, reports the
Wall Street Journal
Employees Say the
Top CEO in America Is ...
Mar 15, 2013 11:42 AM CDT
Employees Say the Top CEO in America Is ...
Mark Zuckerberg wins poll, tying with SAP's co-CEOs
- Mark Zuckerberg may not be able to keep his investors happy , but those inside Facebook still love him. Zuckerberg just topped Glassdoor's latest list of the 50 highest-rated CEOs in the country, with a 99% approval rating from Facebook employees, reports
. Not surprisingly, Facebook employees also voted...
Guess Where Even
the Interns Make
$6.3K per Month
Dec 14, 2012 11:33 AM CST
Guess Where Even the Interns Make $6.3K per Month
Facebook tops survey of best workplaces in America
- It looks like Facebook should be expecting a lot more friend requests. The social networking giant just topped Glassdoor's latest employee choice awards, making it the best place to work in America, reports Slate . And what makes Facebook such a wonderful place of employment? Good people, swanky snack lounges,...
Tim Cook Beats
Mar 30, 2012 12:08 PM CDT
Apple Workers: Tim Cook Beats Steve Jobs
...but just barely, according to new ranking
- Tim Cook had some big shoes to fill as Apple CEO, but it looks like he's managing. According to a poll on Glassdoor.com, some 97% of employees approve of the new boss' work over the past year—an even higher proportion than the 95% who approved of Steve...
Startup Site Wants to See Your Paycheck
Jun 11, 2008 2:06 PM CDT
Startup Site Wants to See Your Paycheck
Glassdoor.com gives users dirt on others in exchange for theirs
- Ever wonder how much people at Google or Microsoft really make? Just-launched Glassdoor.com wants to tell you, TechCrunch reports. Essentially, the site collects self-submitted compensation reports and reviews for as many jobs at as many firms as possible. Open to everyone are full details for Googe, Yahoo, Microsoft, and...
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
Winners, Losers From the 4th GOP Debate
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.