Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Parts of My Brain
'No Longer Usable'
Jul 19, 2022 8:14 AM CDT
Emilia Clarke: Parts of My Brain 'No Longer Usable'
'It's remarkable that I am able to speak' after aneurysms, actor says
- Emilia Clarke says she's missing "quite a bit" of her brain after two painful brain aneurysms. Clarke, who played Daenerys Targaryen on HBO's
Game of Thrones
, previously wrote about suffering the life-threatening aneurysms in 2011 and 2013. The first, coming just as she'd finished wrapping up...
Update on White Sox
Pitcher Who Collapsed
Apr 24, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
Update on White Sox Pitcher Who Collapsed
Danny Farquhar 'progressing well,' per his medical team
- White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar is talking to his doctors and family after surgery over the weekend to address a ruptured aneurysm that occurred during Friday night's game against Houston, reports the AP . Farquhar, a married father of three children, remains in critical but stable condition in the intensive...
in the Dugout
Apr 22, 2018 10:49 AM CDT
Pitcher's Brain Hemorrhages in the Dugout
Danny Farquhar remains in critical condition
- A Chicago White Sox pitcher suffered a ruptured aneurysm that caused his brain to hemorrhage during a Friday game in Chicago, the
reports. Danny Farquhar, 31, had just given up a double and a homer in an inning of relief against the Houston Astros when he vomited and...
Girl Save 8 Lives
Sep 8, 2017 11:52 AM CDT
Organs From 13-Year-Old Girl Save 8 Lives
Jemima Layzell, who died of a brain aneurysm, breaks a UK record
- Eight people, including five children, have a 13-year-old organ donor to thank for their lives—and that donor has entered the UK record books. The
reports on Jemima Layzell, who collapsed from a brain aneurysm while helping prep for her mom's birthday party in March 2012. Jemima died...
Further Tragedy for Family of
Boy Brutally Mauled by Dogs
Aug 16, 2017 6:27 PM CDT
Further Tragedy for Family of Boy Brutally Mauled by Dogs
Tracy Dowdy Fain suffered stroke, aneurysm while at hospital with son
- "It's just unreal," Sandra Moore tells Fox 5 . "I just don't know how much more we can take." Moore's grandson, 7-year-old Ethan Fain, was mauled by two dogs who pulled him out of a tree and attacked him last Christmas Eve in Georgia....
What Led to the Stroke That
Apparently Killed Bill Paxton
Mar 6, 2017 1:48 PM CST
What Led to the Stroke That Apparently Killed Bill Paxton
TMZ: death certificate notes complications after valve replacement surgery for aneurysm
- It's been just over a week since the world found out about the sudden death of actor Bill Paxton at the age of 61, and now there's reportedly more info on what happened. Per an apparent copy of Paxton's death certificate now in the hands of TMZ...
A Man Was
Bitten by a Cat.
6 Weeks Later,
He Was Dead
Jul 1, 2016 8:00 AM CDT
A Man Was Bitten by a Cat. 6 Weeks Later, He Was Dead
4-inch-wide aneurysm was caused by bacteria common to pets' mouths
- A Toronto man is dead after a cat bit him on the right thumb—but the cause is so rare that doctors wrote up a case study in the
World Journal of Clinical Cases
warning other physicians to be on the lookout for the unusual cascade of events. Animal bites...
Jun 29, 2015 7:50 AM CDT
Joni Mitchell Expects 'Full Recovery' After Aneurysm
Conservator says singer 'is speaking, and she's speaking well'
- Joni Mitchell's friend and conservator is setting the record straight on the Canadian singer's condition after she was rushed to the hospital in March. Though singer David Crosby claimed Mitchell was "not speaking yet" in an interview with HuffPost Live on Friday, Leslie Morris approved a statement...
Sister Dead at 59
Aug 6, 2014 11:30 AM CDT
Martha Stewart's Sister Dead at 59
Laura Plimpton died of brain aneurysm
- Martha Stewart's younger sister, Laura Plimpton, died suddenly yesterday at age 59. "She woke up Monday morning at 5:30am, did her one hour of elliptical and treadmill, then showered and felt ill enough to call her husband, Randy, for help," Stewart, 73, says in a statement...
So, What Was Pope
John Paul II's 2nd Miracle?
Jul 5, 2013 5:04 PM CDT
So, What Was Pope John Paul II's 2nd Miracle?
Floribeth Mora says he healed her brain aneurysm
- As promised, more details have been released on the second miracle that got Pope John Paul II cleared for sainthood . Floribeth Mora, a 50-year-old Costa Rican woman, told her story publicly for the first time today, tears in her eyes. She developed a brain aneurysm in 2011 and had no...
Bruno Mars' Mom
Jun 2, 2013 10:37 AM CDT
Aneurysm Kills Bruno Mars' Mom
Bernadette Hernandez was 55
- The 55-year-old mother of pop star Bruno Mars died suddenly yesterday of a brain aneurysm, a publicist for his Atlantic Records label tells the AP . Bernadette Hernandez died at Queens Medical Center in Honolulu. She was a singer and hula dancer who immigrated from the Philippines, and was credited as...
Jan 31, 2013 12:59 PM CST
Ron Jeremy Will Stay in Hospital for Weeks
He's recovering from surgery for heart aneurysm
- Porn star Ron Jeremy is recovering from emergency surgery to repair an aneurysm near his heart, but TMZ reports that doctors won't let him leave the hospital for at least two weeks. The 59-year-old drove himself to Cedars-Sinai in LA yesterday with chest pain, and doctors quickly admitted him...
Jan 30, 2013 2:40 PM CST
Porn Star Ron Jeremy in Critical Condition
He needs surgery for heart aneurysm
- Porn star Ron Jeremy needs emergency surgery for a heart aneurysm, reports TMZ . Doctors found the problem after the 59-year-old drove himself to a hospital in Los Angeles with chest pain. His agent tells the website that Jeremy is in critical condition in the ICU and will have surgery...
Linked to Strokes
May 6, 2011 11:40 AM CDT
Coffee, Sex, Nose-Blowing Linked to Strokes
Exercise can also trigger ruptured aneurysm, study finds
- A new study suggests some strange stroke risk factors: coffee, sex, exercise, and ... nose-blowing? All could lead to a burst blood vessel in the brain. The activities increase blood pressure, which boosts the risk of a ruptured aneurysm, says the Dutch study of 250 patients over three years. Coffee triggered...
Ohio Rep. Tubbs Jones
Dies After Brain Aneurysm
Aug 20, 2008 6:19 PM CDT
Ohio Rep. Tubbs Jones Dies After Brain Aneurysm
- Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, the first black woman to represent Ohio in Congress, has died of a brain aneurysm, the
Cleveland Plain Dealer
reports. Tubbs Jones, 58, suffered a brain hemorrhage while driving her car near Cleveland yesterday. The five-term congresswoman, a staunch supporter of Hillary Clinton, was also...
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Fetterman Camp Strikes Gold With Dr. Oz's Crudite Video
Traveler Receives Interesting 'Meal' After Asking for Vegan
College Students' Road Trip Ends in Deadly Shootout
After Failed Effort to Help New Orleans, Brad Pitt Settles
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.