Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jun 15, 2022 2:31 AM CDT
James Patterson Quickly Backtracks
He's sorry he said white male writers face racism
James Patterson is apologizing after a comment he made in a recent interview didn't go over well. "I apologize for saying white male writers having trouble finding work is a form of racism," the author tweeted Tuesday. "I absolutely do not believe that racism is...
Jumps to the Top on Amazon
Jun 14, 2018 4:00 PM CDT
Clinton-Patterson Thriller Jumps to the Top on Amazon
'The President is Missing' posted the biggest first week for adult fiction since Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman'
- Bill Clinton's debut novel had the year's biggest opening so far for a work of fiction, reports the AP .
The President is Missing
, a thriller he co-wrote with James Patterson, sold 250,000 copies its first week. Alfred A. Knopf and Little, Brown and Co., the book's...
for the Honor
Jun 12, 2017 3:40 PM CDT
Highest-Paid Celeb Can Thank Vodka for the Honor
Diddy tops 'Forbes' annual list
- The highest-paid celebrity on
2017 list managed to beat out Beyonce for the top spot—and he has vodka to thank for it. Sean "Diddy" Combs tops this year's annual list, having raked in $130 million pre-tax between June 2016 and June 2017. That's partially due...
Clinton's Next Book: a Thriller
Written With James Patterson
May 8, 2017 12:17 PM CDT
Clinton's Next Book: a Thriller Written With James Patterson
- Bill Clinton's books: a 1,000-page autobiography , a couple of treatises on his political philosophy, books on the importance of giving and government , and ... a thriller? Yes, Clinton is collaborating with best-selling novelist James Patterson on
The President Is Missing
, due out June 2018, the AP reports. The book...
Nov 19, 2015 6:43 AM CST
Ta-Nehisi Coates Snags National Book Award
He dedicated award to friend killed by police officer
- Ta-Nehisi Coates can now add a National Book Award to his growing list of accomplishments: The journalist, who was recently given a MacArthur genius grant , has won the National Book Award for nonfiction for
Between the World and Me
, his look at race and policing in America, written as a...
Latest Novel Will
Jan 21, 2015 11:27 AM CST
James Patterson's Latest Novel Will Literally Self-Destruct
One copy will explode; others are only readable for 24 hours
- Reading a James Patterson book is all about thrills, though usually they're just on the page. But his new novel,
, will, he says, let readers "become a character in their own thriller." That's because one copy of the book is due—literally—to explode,...
Author Is ...
Aug 14, 2013 8:56 AM CDT
And the Highest-Earning Author Is ...
'Fifty Shades' writer EL James nearly made nine figures
- Want to be a fabulously wealthy author? Loosen up those fingers. The route to riches seems to be with a series of related books rather than a one-off blockbluster.
rounds up the top 10 highest-earning authors from June 2012 to June 2013. The top five:
EL James, $95 million:
Authors in US
Aug 22, 2010 1:47 PM CDT
Highest-Paid Authors in US
James Patterson, Stephenie Meyer lead the way
- A tribute of sorts to Harry Potter: JK Rowling isn't putting out new Potter books, but sales of existing ones still put her in the top 10 of the year's highest-paid authors. (She came in 10th with $10 million.) Read the full
list here , but here's the top...
10 Writers Who Turn
Books Into Bucks
Oct 4, 2008 2:43 AM CDT
10 Writers Who Turn Books Into Bucks
Top earner JK Rowling made $300 million off Potter franchise in past year
- So you think people don't read books anymore? Tell that to JK Rowling, No. 1 on
' list of top-earning authors. The woman behind the
juggernaut raked in $300 million in the past year, thanks in part to the movies based on her books—which have sold 375...
Popular on Newser
They Traveled 2K Miles on Ship's Rudder
Ariz. Professor Dies on Family Trip to Mexico
AMC Networks Is Having a Rough Day
Musk Declares 'War' on Apple
200 People Drift Away While Ice Fishing in Minnesota
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.