Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Is Returning, but There's a Catch
New episodes won't be shown in the US
is back on the beat. The reality show has resumed production in Washington state some four months after it was pulled from the air amid protests over the death of George Floyd. Two crews have tagged along with deputies from the Spokane County Sheriff's Office as well as...
Won't Be Coming Back
It was taken off the air amid George Floyd protests
- After 31 years on TV,
has been ordered to turn in its badge. Paramount Network, which removed the reality show from its schedule during nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd, says it won't be coming back. "
is not on the Paramount Network and we...
Officer Leaps Off Overpass to Save Boy
Jessie Ferreira Cavallo saved the teen's life in the daring rescue
- A New York cop risked life and limb to rescue a boy she watched jump off a highway overpass. Per the
, Jessie Ferreira Cavallo was on her way to work as a police officer in Westchester County last week when she spotted the young teen on the Saw...
6 Cops Shot Friday in Separate Incidents
1 dead, 5 injured in separate shootings across 2 states
- Three separate shootings in Florida and Pennsylvania Friday have taken the life of one police officer while injuring five more. NPR reports that Officer Matthew Baxter was killed and Sgt. Sam Howard remains in “grave critical condition” after responding to an incident in central Kissimmee, Fla., Friday evening. Per...
TV Crew Member Killed in Police Shooting
Robbery suspect also shot dead at a Wendy's in Omaha
- Another high-profile police shooting is in the news, this time because a crew member of the reality TV show
got killed while filming it. Omaha police also killed a robbery suspect at a Wendy's restaurant during last night's shooting, reports the
. It all unfolded as...
Speeding Granny Sends Ticketing Cop Thank-You Note
Seattle grandma thankful for trooper's professionalism and kindness
- Giving stickers and toy sheriff badges to a Seattle woman’s grandkids earned one Idaho state trooper a heartfelt thank-you note … even though he gave the woman a speeding ticket. "Kids are always really inquisitive when the guy with the big hat walks up to their car on...
Man Robs Store on 'Shop With a Cop' Night
It didn't go well for David Sherman, 49
- We don’t want to imply that there’s a right time to shoplift, but there’s definitely a wrong one, and that wrong one is on "Shop With a Cop" night. David Sherman, 49, tried to make off with a $79 DVD player from a Nebraska Walmart on...
Cops Probed After Beating Maryland Student
Man hit a dozen times with batons at celebration
- Three Maryland cops are being probed after they were caught on video using their batons to repeatedly beat an unarmed, apparently unthreatening University of Maryland student. The attack occurred as the student was celebrating a basketball game victory on a College Park street with several other students last month. At...
French Cops Save Tourist Girl Snatched by Internet Stalker
- French police rescued a vacationing Scottish girl who was snatched by an Internet stalker, reports the
. The girl, 12, was whisked to the Marseille airport from a villa where she was vacationing with her parents by a 41-year-old Belgian man she had encountered earlier on the Internet. She...
Most Repulsive Reality TV Shows
- Reality shows throw anyone who signs a waiver onto TV. Some have higher aspirations, but most rest solidly in "How low can they go?" territory. Annie Barrett of
looks at 35 of the most appalling reality TV shows.
: A new low from the guys
Popular on Newser
Newlyweds Die on Florida Honeymoon
A Hiker Died in a Tent Full of Cash, and the Mystery Began
Iran: We Know Who Killed Our Nuclear Scientist
Biden Plans White House Surprise
Ex-Trump Campaign Aide Files Suit Over 'Spying'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.