Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
California Adventure Park
Disney Park Guests May Have
to Use Their Indoor Voices
Mar 17, 2021 5:14 PM CDT
Disney Park Guests May Have to Use Their Indoor Voices
Trade group advises no shouting or singing when Disneyland reopens April 30
- Disneyland and California Adventure plan to end their lockdown of more than a year on April 30. "It's been a long, long time since we've been able to create magic for our guests," said chief executive Bob Chapek, "and put our cast members back to...
Even at $75, There's Value in
a Rideless California Adventure
Feb 28, 2021 1:45 PM CST
Even at $75, There's Value in a Rideless California Adventure
What remains at Disney park works after a year of lockdown
- It might seem an easy offer to resist spending your entertainment dollars on: California Adventure in Anaheim will reopen next month, charging $75 for visitors to be able to do not much more than walk around and buy food. The rides and shows will still be closed. Mary McNamara was...
Bad News for Fans
Jun 25, 2020 1:04 AM CDT
Disneyland Has Bad News for Fans
Reopening originally planned for July 17 has been delayed
- Disney is postponing the mid-July reopening of its Southern California theme parks until it receives guidelines from the state, the company announced Wednesday. Disney had hoped to reopen Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in Anaheim on July 17 after a four-month closure due to the coronavirus, the AP reports. But...
Disney Roller Coaster
Closed by Selfie Stick
May 3, 2016 8:03 AM CDT
Disney Roller Coaster Closed by Selfie Stick
Incident on same coaster led to selfie stick ban
- Why pay for a photo of yourself on the California Screamin' roller coaster at Disney California Adventure when you could snap your own selfie? That was apparently the logic of a visitor on Monday, who forced the ride to close for two hours after pulling out a selfie stick that...
Flips Out at ... Mickey
Dec 29, 2014 9:21 AM CST
Christina Aguilera Flips Out at ... Mickey
Calls the poor mouse an 'asshole,' source says
- Do not mess with Christina Aguilera, even if you're Mickey Mouse. The singer was celebrating her 34th birthday at Disney's California Adventure recently, but when she and her friends tried to take a picture with Mickey, they were told he was taking a break and they'd have...
Disney to Let 100 People
Join Super Secret Club
in case you missed it
May 12, 2012 8:44 AM CDT
Disney to Let 100 People Join Super Secret Club
New members will be invited to Club 33, California Adventure's 1901
- Membership at Disneyland’s secretive Club 33 is so sought-after that no new names have been added to the 800-person-strong waiting list in a decade. But now, for the first time in 10 years, the membership rolls are being opened up once again, and 100 people on the waiting list...
Is Coming to
Apr 23, 2012 1:54 PM CDT
Starbucks Is Coming to Disneyland
Cafes will open in California, Florida theme parks
- Starbucks is about to perk up "the happiest place on Earth." The Seattle-based coffee chain is today announcing a partnership to open a store inside each of the six Disney properties in California and Florida. The first will open this summer at Disneyland California Adventure in Anaheim. The...
Disney Visitor Falls
From 'Tower of Terror'
Aug 19, 2010 3:37 PM CDT
Disney Visitor Falls From 'Tower of Terror'
He's OK after 25-foot drop
- A visitor to Disney's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror suffered a bit of terror of his own when he fell about 25 feet while waiting to get on the ride, Fox 40 reports. The 20-year-old—police say he was drinking—climbed a rail near the start of the ride at...
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Best TV Shows of All Time
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.