Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Thousands of Au Pairs to Share $65M Settlement
Suit said agencies colluded to keep pay low
- About 10,000 live-in child care workers from around the world will share in a class-action settlement in a case that challenged whether they should be treated as employees entitled to minimum wage or members of the family learning about the US while helping out at home. US District Judge...
Solution for US Teacher Shortage Slammed as 'Abuse'
Some schools recruit teachers from overseas to work for wages that Americans won't accept
- As teachers in multiple states stage walkouts to protest low pay, the
New York Times
reports on a trend taking place in some public schools: hiring foreign workers willing to teach for the wages that Americans aren't. Those who support the practice, which involves overseas teachers coming in via...
US Ensures Summer Jobs Go to Students —Foreign Ones
Work-travel program gets new rules, but that doesn't please everyone
- Youth unemployment is pretty darn bad , and that has many raising new eyebrows over America's long-running work-travel program. The State Department revamped the program this month following allegations of poor working conditions , ensuring that the 100,000 foreign students participating this year will work at "light, seasonal occupations"...
For Foreign Students in US on Visas, an Awful Reality
Some end up working in strip clubs, living in cramped, filthy homes
- Each year, some 100,000 college students come to the US on J-1 visas, eager to get a taste of American life while working a seasonal job. But an AP investigation has found the reality is a lot less rosy than it seems. Some students are forced to work in...
Popular on Newser
Trump Did Not Like What He Saw on 60 Minutes
10 Random Assaults in 20 Nights Has City on Edge
Her Son Was Killed by Cops. She Was Shot at His Funeral
Nurse's TikTok COVID Video May Cost Her a Job
This Solstice, a Sight Not Seen Since Middle Ages
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.