Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
White House Brings Back Spicer
and Priebus in Unpaid Posts
Feb 13, 2020 4:53 PM CST
White House Brings Back Spicer and Priebus in Unpaid Posts
Former aides are named to honorary posts on presidential commission
- Two top White House aides who didn't survive President Trump's first year in office are returning, in an honorary way. Sean Spicer, Trump's first press secretary, and Reince Priebus, his first chief of staff, have been named to the President's Commission on White House Fellowships. In...
Trump's Old Chief of Staff
Plans to Join the Military
Dec 15, 2018 5:40 PM CST
Trump's Old Chief of Staff Plans to Join the Military
Reince Priebus submits his application
- Reince Priebus is trying to join the US Navy. The former White House chief of staff—who resigned the post after six months —has a letter of recommendation from Defense Secretary James Mattis to help him become a reserve officer, the
reports. "Reince's experience, education,...
Things Got a Little Dicey at
White House Press Dinner
Apr 29, 2018 6:11 AM CDT
Things Got a Little Dicey at White House Press Dinner
With Trump absent, comedian Michelle Wolf went after everybody, showed no mercy
- "Good evening, here we are at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner; like a porn star says when she’s about to have sex with Trump, let’s get this over with." Thus began Michelle Wolf's White House Correspondents' Dinner monologue, one that Politico terms "bruising" and...
Trump Spoke to
Mar 8, 2018 2:04 AM CST
Trump Spoke to Witnesses About Their Interviews With Mueller:
Sources say special counsel is aware of the conversations
- Twice recently, President Trump has asked key witnesses in the Russia investigation about their conversations with special counsel Robert Mueller, three sources tell the
New York Times
. One alleged conversation involved White House counsel Don McGahn; Trump told an aide that McGahn should deny a January
article that said...
Priebus Opens Up
About White House Chaos
Feb 15, 2018 2:49 PM CST
Priebus Opens Up About White House Chaos
'Take everything you’ve heard and multiply it by 50'
- Prior to President Trump taking office, Reince Priebus sat down for lunch with nearly a dozen former presidential chiefs of staff. They didn't think much of their successor's chances. "He struck a lot of us as clueless," recalls one. "He doesn't have a prayer,...
Gowdy on Memo:
Valid With or
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Feb 4, 2018 11:00 AM CST
Gowdy on Memo: Russia Probe Valid With or Without It
Sen. Dick Durbin, meanwhile, says memo could 'precipitate a constitutional crisis'
- The memo released Friday by the House Intelligence Committee that alleges FBI and DOJ overreach has dominated the news cycle this week, and Sunday morning's news shows kept it top of mind, per the
. Some takes from both sides of the aisle:
GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, who
Report: Lawyer Refused
Trump's Order to Fire Mueller
Jan 26, 2018 1:05 AM CST
Report: Lawyer Refused Trump's Order to Fire Mueller
McGahn said he'd quit first, sources say
- President Trump tried to fire the man overseeing the Russia investigation last year but backed off after the chief White House lawyer threatened to quit, the
New York Times
reports, citing four sources who "spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing...
White House Role
Nov 26, 2017 7:00 PM CST
Rumors Fly About Kushner's White House Role
Front page stories report presidential son-in-law's influence may be waning
- Jared Kushner's influence in his father-in-law's White House comes under the microscope on the Sunday front pages of the
New York Times
in separate articles speculating that his role is waning. Both offer up a bevy of reasons Kushner is no longer front-and-center in both...
Report: White House Probing
Jared, Ivanka's Email Domain
Sep 29, 2017 2:24 AM CDT
Report: White House Probing Jared, Ivanka's Email Domain
Officials look into reports aides used private email for business
- White House officials—surprised and angered by reports that several Trump advisers used private email accounts for government business—have ordered an internal investigation of email use, Politico reports, citing "four officials familiar with the matter." The sources say investigators have been pulling emails from the White House...
Email Prankster Fools
Scaramucci, Other Officials
Aug 1, 2017 2:09 AM CDT
Email Prankster Fools Scaramucci, Other Officials
Real Mooch had exchange with fake Priebus
- Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci wasn't on the job for long —but it was long enough to be taken in by an email prankster who impersonated other officials. In emails to Scaramucci, the prankster pretended to be Reince Priebus and may have escalated tensions between the...
Oval Office Just
to Kill a Fly
Jul 29, 2017 1:15 PM CDT
Trump Called Priebus to Oval Office Just to Kill a Fly
Anecdote highlights Priebus' 'humiliating' tenure as chief of staff
- President Trump once called Reince Priebus into the Oval Office solely to kill a fly that's buzzing was distracting him during a meeting, the
reports. The anecdote is representative of Priebus' "humiliating"—and now ended—time as Trump's chief of staff. “He doesn’...
Jul 28, 2017 7:05 PM CDT
Priebus: Actually, I Resigned Yesterday
Trump replaced the former chief of staff in a tweet Friday
- Outgoing White House chief of staff Reince Priebus says that he formally resigned from his job after it became clear the president wanted to go in a different direction, the AP reports. Priebus tells CNN that he resigned on Thursday; President Trump announced the staff shakeup in a tweet Friday....
Trump Tweets That He
Has a New Chief of Staff
Jul 28, 2017 4:07 PM CDT
Trump Tweets That He Has a New Chief of Staff
Reince Priebus reportedly resigned
- Reince Priebus is out as White House chief of staff, the AP reports, as President Trump announced in a tweet Friday: "I am pleased to inform you that I have just named General/Secretary John F Kelly as White House Chief of Staff. He is a Great American...." Trump...
Scaramucci on Nasty Interview:
I Thought I Was Off the Record
Jul 28, 2017 6:19 AM CDT
Scaramucci on Nasty Interview: I Thought I Was Off the Record
But reporter who received vulgar tirade says they had a clear understanding
- Just how foul-mouthed was Anthony Scaramucci's tirade against his West Wing enemies? The
is running a who-said-it quiz pitting his quotes against those of the comically foul-mouthed staff from
. In the immediate aftermath of the story going public on Thursday, Scaramucci tweeted a mea culpa of sorts,...
Jul 27, 2017 5:54 PM CDT
Scaramucci Literally Accuses Bannon of Figurative Autofellatio
White House communications director gives jaw-dropping interview
- To say this
interview with the new White House communications director is unusual is an understatement, especially when it includes accusations of autofellatio against Steve Bannon. Anthony Scaramucci called Ryan Lizza on Wednesday, upset the
reporter had tweeted about a dinner Scaramucci attended with President Trump,...
It's Been a Busy News
Cycle for 'The Mooch'
Jul 27, 2017 1:11 PM CDT
It's Been a Busy News Cycle for 'The Mooch'
New communications chief raises tensions with Reince Priebus
- Anthony Scaramucci, aka The Mooch, had his biggest day in the spotlight yet, and the end result doesn't appear to be good news for Reince Priebus. The new White House communications chief had a chance to ease tensions with President Trump's chief of staff in a memorable CNN...
Scaramucci Blasts 'Leak' of
Publicly Available Document
Jul 27, 2017 5:22 AM CDT
Scaramucci Blasts 'Leak' of Publicly Available Document
He tagged Priebus in angry tweet
- New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci was not happy about what he believed was a leak of information from his financial disclosure Wednesday—though it later emerged that the form was available to the public. "In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a...
Jul 21, 2017 11:55 AM CDT
Sean Spicer Steps Down
Source says he disagrees with Trump's choice for communications director
- Sean Spicer has resigned as White House press secretary, the
New York Times
reports. Per the
' source, President Trump offered the job of White House communications director to New York financier Anthony Scaramucci at 10am Friday, and Spicer resigned shortly after, telling Trump he "vehemently disagreed" with the...
sunday talk shows
Jul 9, 2017 3:35 PM CDT
Priebus: No, Trump Didn't Believe Putin
President thinks Russia 'probably' meddled, but wants to move on
- President Trump's one-on-one with Vladimir Putin dominated the Sunday talk shows, with Trump's chief of staff providing a blunt assessment of his boss' view on Russian meddling in the election. "The president absolutely did not believe the denial of President Putin," Reince Priebus said on
Ad Blitz Against
Jun 28, 2017 1:08 PM CDT
'Beyond Stupid': Ad Blitz Against Senator Under Fire
Pro-Trump PAC went after fellow Republican Dean Heller on health care
- With the Senate GOP's plan to replace ObamaCare on hold , an ad campaign against one of the drama's high-profile players is drawing scrutiny. A super PAC that supports President Trump unleashed the campaign against Republican Dean Heller of Nevada after he announced that he opposed the measure, reports...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.