"Good evening, here we are at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner; like a porn star says when she’s about to have sex with Trump, let’s get this over with." Thus began Michelle Wolf's White House Correspondents' Dinner monologue, one that Politico terms "bruising" and Reince Priebus calls an "R/X rated spectacle that started poorly and ended up in the bottom of the canyon." While President Trump again skipped the political-media spectacle, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was at the head table to represent the White House; Wolf showed no mercy, saying, "We are graced with Sarah's presence tonight. I have to say I'm a little star struck. I love you as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid's Tale." More burns, also via CNN:
- "I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye."
- "Mr. President, I don't think you're very rich. Like, you might be rich in Idaho, but in New York, you're doing fine."
- "It's 2018, and I'm a woman so you cannot shut me up. Unless you have Michael Cohen wire me $130,000."
- "Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper isn't gay."
- CNN has a list of everyone targeted by Wolf here.
(Read more White House Correspondents Dinner