Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ruins an Original Banksy
Nov 11, 2021 4:10 PM CST
Christopher Walken Ruins an Original Banksy
On purpose: Actor painted over a rat in scene from BBC's 'The Outlaws'
- In the series finale of BBC comedy-drama
, a character played by Christopher Walken paints over an image of a rat below the name Banksy. And here is where fiction meets reality: Not only was the mural an original Banksy artwork, but Walken really did destroy it on the...
Christopher Walken Has
a Surprising Confession
in case you missed it
Dec 19, 2020 7:00 AM CST
Christopher Walken Has a Surprising Confession
77-year-old actor says he's never sent a text or email
- Christopher Walken says he doesn't have any moral or philosophical objections to modern communications technology—he just doesn't use it. The 77-year-old actor told Stephen Colbert on
The Late Show
on Monday that he has never owned a computer or sent an email or text message. "Somebody...
New Sequence of Events
in Natalie Wood's Death
Feb 2, 2018 8:33 AM CST
New Sequence of Events in Natalie Wood's Death
Investigators say new witnesses emerge, but case status isn't changed
- It's back. The cold case involving the suspicious drowning of actress Natalie Wood in 1981 is once again making headlines . The impetus is a show airing Sunday on CBS'
in which a Los Angeles County sheriff's investigator refers to widower Robert Wagner, now 87, as a...
New Look at Natalie Wood's
Death Resurfaces Old Name
Feb 1, 2018 10:49 AM CST
New Look at Natalie Wood's Death Resurfaces Old Name
Robert Wagner seems to be a focus of '48 Hours' episode airing Saturday
- At its face, the line sounds explosive: CBS News reports actor Robert Wagner "is now a person of interest" in wife Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators. But read on in CBS' report, and what Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department...
9 Iconic Roles That Almost Went to Someone Else
Jul 5, 2014 9:21 AM CDT
9 Iconic Roles That Almost Went to Someone Else
Johnny Depp as Ferris Bueller?
- John Travolta as Forrest Gump? Difficult to envision, but it could have happened: Travolta turned down the role before Tom Hanks ended up with it, according to HLN 's list of 18 iconic roles that almost went to different actors. More:
turned down the role of Neo
Jun 20, 2014 2:27 PM CDT
Film doesn't live up to the Broadway musical: critics
- What do you get when you mix Clint Eastwood and a Tony Award-winning musical? That would be
, the film version of the Broadway show starring John Lloyd Young as Frankie Valli and Christopher Walken as a mobster. So will you be singing along or dozing in your seat?...
Jan 26, 2014 7:15 AM CST
10 Celebs' Pre-Fame Career Plans
Danny DeVito ... hairdresser?
- Not all celebrities wanted to be celebrities when they grew up. The Huffington Post rounds up the career plans 19 actors had before they got discovered. A sampling:
Wanted to be a doctor.
Actually was a firefighter in New York City.
Studied to be
Aug 22, 2012 3:44 AM CDT
Coroner Alters Natalie Wood's Death Certificate
To 'drowning, other undetermined factors'
- Natalie Wood's death certificate now gives the cause of death as "drowning and other undetermined factors" instead of merely "drowning," according to a copy obtained by the AP . The amended document now also states that it is "not clearly established" how the actress ended up...
Natalie Wood Death
Jul 7, 2012 6:08 AM CDT
Natalie Wood Death Now 'Undetermined'
Certificate no longer reads 'accident'
- Nearly 31 years after actress Natalie Wood drowned while on a boat cruise off Catalina, the LA County Coroner has changed her death certificate from "accident" to "undetermined," reports TMZ . The investigation was re-opened last November after the boat's captain made comments that raised doubts about...
Natalie Wood's Death
Still an Accident
Jan 11, 2012 6:50 AM CST
Natalie Wood's Death Still an Accident
Re-opened investigation finds no evidence of foul play
- After nearly two months of investigation , officials have come to the same conclusion they did decades ago: Natalie Wood's death was an accident. The LA County Sheriff's Department has found no new evidence to suggest otherwise since re-opening the case, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. "At this...
in Natalie Wood
Case? So Far, Nada
Nov 19, 2011 8:12 AM CST
What's New in Natalie Wood Case? So Far, Nada
It's still not clear what, if any, evidence led to case being reopened
- Trying to make sense of all the new information in the Natalie Wood case ? Good luck with that, because so far there hasn't been any. The
Los Angeles Times
assesses the hoopla: The boat captain gave no details to back up his assertion that Wood widower Robert Wagner...
Nov 18, 2011 7:40 AM CST
Natalie Wood Investigation Reopened
Homicide cops taking fresh look at star's 1981 drowning
- Los Angeles County homicide detectives have reopened an investigation into the 30-year-old mystery of actress Natalie Wood's death. The star's 1981 drowning was ruled an accident. But her last evening, which she spent on a yacht with husband Robert Wagner and movie co-star Christopher Walken, has long been...
Walken Lookalike Stalking
NJ College Students
Apr 7, 2011 2:22 AM CDT
Walken Lookalike Stalking NJ College Students
Schizophrenic banned from state campuses
- A mentally ill man with an uncanny resemblance to actor Christopher Walken has been hospitalized after stalking students at several colleges. Tony Kadyhrob, 68, was arrested and released on bail after trying to pull a Rider College student into his car last week, reports the
New York Daily News
Popular on Newser
Things Got Ugly After Dallas' Wild Playoff Loss
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Trump Mocks Biden in Speech at Arizona Rally
Bob Saget Widow Breaks Silence After Star's Death
Boy, 13, Dies After Ingesting Fentanyl, Collapsing at School
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.