Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Snow Days Are
History in New York
May 10, 2021 5:25 PM CDT
Snow Days Are History in New York
City's district decides disappointed students should return to remote learning
- One of the most joyous announcements of childhood—"Snow day!"—will not be heard in New York City next winter. Starting next school year, when snow falls or school buildings are closed because of an emergency, students are to stay home and return to remote learning, the...
Big Surprise for
After Big Snow
Dec 17, 2020 9:30 AM CST
Big Surprise for Virtual Students After Big Snow
W. Va. school district cancels remote classes to let students, staff just enjoy the day
- Do you want to build a snowman? Thanks to a West Virginia school district, Anna and Elsa weren't the only ones donning their hats and gloves Wednesday to frolic in the snow after Winter Storm Gail slammed the East Coast. Jefferson County Schools could have still made kids go...
Dedicated Students Change
Teacher's Snow Day Plans
Jan 19, 2018 11:00 AM CST
Dedicated Students Change Teacher's Snow Day Plans
Memphis English teacher Candous Brown led a Facebook Live class after students asked for help
- To teach or not to teach—that is the question. And Candous Brown chose "to teach" on Wednesday morning, even though her school in Memphis, Tenn., was closed for a snow day. WREG notes that the English instructor at Raleigh-Egypt High School was still in her "kitty-kat pajamas"...
'Snow Day' Tradition
May 22, 2011 1:30 PM CDT
Internet Threatens 'Snow Day' Tradition
When blizzards strike, kids can log in from home
- Sorry, kids, the days of the snow day may be numbered. The principle so prevalent at the college level of taking a class online is creeping into elementary schools, too, the AP reports. That means that when the snow flies, kids might have to log in from home instead of...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.