Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
St. Paul's Cathedral
Teen Falls to Death
in St. Paul's Cathedral
Apr 3, 2019 6:11 AM CDT
Teen Falls to Death in St. Paul's Cathedral
Death not being treated as suspicious, cops say
- Late Monday afternoon, St. Paul's Cathedral tweeted that it was shutting down for the rest of the day. News on why soon followed: A teenager fell to his death from the building's Whispering Gallery, almost 260 steps up (nearly 100 feet) inside the dome. A City of London...
London at Standstill
for Thatcher Funeral
Apr 17, 2013 6:33 AM CDT
London at Standstill for Thatcher Funeral
Dignitaries, protesters gather for former PM's sendoff
- Britain bade farewell to her Iron Lady today, with thousands of police officers and military personnel lining the streets of London along with members of the public for Margaret Thatcher's funeral procession, reports the
. The divisive former prime minister received a funeral with full military honors, the first...
Police Break Up
Feb 28, 2012 5:24 AM CST
Police Break Up Occupy London
20 arrested in eviction
- Occupy London's campsite outside historic St. Paul's Cathedral has been evacuated by police, marking an end to one of the longest-running sites in the Occupy movement. Some 20 people were arrested in the dismantling of the encampment, which began in October, the AP reports. A former church leader...
St. Paul's Clergyman Quits
in Occupy London Mess
Nov 1, 2011 9:57 AM CDT
St. Paul's Clergyman Quits in Occupy London Mess
Plus: City tells protesters to vacate St. Paul's
- Occupy London is turning into a big mess: Another senior clergyman resigned yesterday over the controversy surrounding protesters at St. Paul's Cathedral. Graeme Knowles, dean of the cathedral, said that in the face of rising criticism over the church’s response, his position “was becoming untenable.” St....
Oct 22, 2011 12:30 PM CDT
Occupy Closes Cathedral for First Time Since WWII
St. Paul's in London closed yesterday
- St. Paul's Cathedral has seen major crowds: Charles and Diana married here. Alexander McQueen's memorial service was held here. The queen marked both her Golden Jubilee and 80th birthday with a service here. Still, the famous London landmark can no longer withstand the growing number of Occupy protesters...
Popular on Newser
Brooke Shields Blasts Barbara Walters for 1980 Interview
Before His Execution, Man Confessed to Another Murder
Suicide Pod Can Be Used in Switzerland
Finally, Cause of City's 'Stench of Death' Is Revealed
2 Die After Using Bed Rails
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.