Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 26 |
Suggestions in Zinke
Report Would Defeat
'Rock Lickers': GOPer
Aug 25, 2017 3:38 AM CDT
Suggestions in Zinke Report Would Defeat 'Rock Lickers': GOPer
Interior secretary recommends shrinking at least 4 national monuments
- Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke has completed his President Trump-ordered review of 27 national monuments declared by Trump's three predecessors—and while he hasn't recommended abolishing any of them, he tells the AP he has proposed shrinking a "handful" of them. Insiders tell the
New York Times
Interior Secretary Wants
to Shrink National Monument
Jun 13, 2017 5:45 AM CDT
Interior Secretary Wants to Shrink National Monument
Zinke says Bears Ears should be 'right sized'
- Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke has sided with Republican lawmakers, local ranchers, and business interests in the battle over Bears Ears . In a report released Monday, Zinke calls for significant shrinking of the 1.3 million-acre national monument in southeast Utah that former President Obama created in the final weeks of...
May 25, 2017 6:25 AM CDT
Montana Candidate Charged With Assaulting Reporter
Reporter says Gianforte body-slammed him
- Republican candidate Greg Gianforte may have blown the race for Montana's only House seat on the eve of the election. Gianforte was charged with misdemeanor assault Wednesday evening after allegedly attacking
reporter Ben Jacobs, Politico reports. In an account backed up by an audio recording and statements from...
With Public Lands at Risk,
Patagonia and Google Act
Mar 7, 2017 8:01 PM CST
With Public Lands at Risk, Patagonia and Google Act
Virtual-reality film series 'total immersion' into Bears Ears National Monument experience
- Republican leaders are trying to turn back the clock on Barack Obama's designation of two national monuments in Utah and Maine. But if outdoors-oriented company Patagonia and Google have anything to do with it, they're going to get the word out that public lands are worthy of being...
Trump's Next Cabinet Pick:
Ex Navy Seal From Montana
Dec 14, 2016 1:26 AM CST
Trump's Next Cabinet Pick: Ex Navy Seal From Montana
Ryan Zinke is 'strong advocate for American energy independence'
- Montana's only House lawmaker is Donald Trump's choice for interior secretary, transition team officials tell news outlets including Reuters and the
Wall Street Journal
. Ryan Zinke, a 55-year-old former Navy SEAL Team 6 commander, was first elected to Congress in 2014 and sits on the House Natural Resources...
New Anti-Obama Super PAC
'Borrows' Military Logos
Jul 20, 2012 2:57 AM CDT
New Anti-Obama Super PAC 'Borrows' Military Logos
'Special Operations for America' targets Obama over Osama raid
- Special Operations for America, a new anti-Obama super PAC launched this week, accuses the president of stealing glory from the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. But it has been a little light-fingered itself,
finds. The group's website and social media pages are plastered with the insignias...
Stories 21 - 26 |
Popular on Newser
Fred Savage Accusers: His Eyes Would Go 'Dead'
Trump at State AG Deposition: I Plead the Fifth
A Former President Is Being Deposed Today
Nebraska Mom, Daughter Charged After Teen's Abortion
Musk Does What He Said He Wouldn't
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.