Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
in the Wrong Century
Sep 10, 2020 11:56 AM CDT
Postcard Arrives in the Wrong Century
Michigan woman shocked to receive some very old Halloween greetings
- A Michigan woman picked up her mail on Tuesday and was transported back in time. Figuratively, of course. Sitting on top of Brittany Keech's stack of mail was a postcard that might've appeared somewhat timely—"Halloween greetings," it read, next to an image of a witch...
Some Dads Call Their Kids.
This One Sent 20K Postcards
Feb 18, 2018 1:05 PM CST
Some Dads Call Their Kids. This One Sent 20K Postcards
Georgia's David Lasseter has been sending his 4 kids postcards for more than 20 years
- If any dad should get an extra-special Father's Day gift this year, it should be David Lasseter. Or at the very least, a postcard. That's what the Georgia patriarch has been sending to his four kids for more than 20 years, ever since he first dropped his oldest...
Postcard Mailed During
WWII Finally Arrives
Nov 23, 2012 2:07 PM CST
Postcard Mailed During WWII Finally Arrives
Only took it 70 years or so
- A postcard mailed nearly 70 years ago has finally arrived at the former upstate New York home of the couple who sent it. The postcard was sent July 4, 1943, from Rockford, Illinois, to sisters Pauline and Theresa Leisenring in Elmira. Their brother, George Leisenring, was stationed at Rockford's...
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
After Failed Effort to Help New Orleans, Brad Pitt Settles
Lowe's Makes Big Move to Help Workers With Inflation
They Bought 2 Suitcases at Auction. Inside, a Horrific Find
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.