Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
March for Life
Trump Joins Rally
Jan 24, 2020 3:35 PM CST
Trump Joins Rally Against Abortion
Crowd chants 'four more years' after president's speech
- President Trump told thousands of anti-abortion marchers Friday that he's their champion, and they agreed—breaking into chants of "four more years" after his speech on the National Mall. "Unborn children have never had a stronger defender in the White House," he said,
Trump Will Be
at March for Life
Jan 23, 2020 6:19 AM CST
Trump Will Be First President at March for Life
It's the 47th year the march has taken place
- In one of his record-breaking 142 tweets on Wednesday, President Trump announced that he will be attending this year's anti-abortion "March for Life" on Jan. 24. "See you on Friday...Big Crowd!" he tweeted , sharing a tweet from organizers. Trump will be the first president to...
Speech to March for
Life Cements Trump's
180 on Abortion
Jan 19, 2018 2:59 PM CST
Speech to March for Life Cements Trump's 180 on Abortion
He's now at the forefront of the anti-abortion movement in the US
- He once called himself "pro-choice." But a year into his presidency, Donald Trump is stepping to the forefront of his administration's efforts to roll back abortion rights, the AP reports. "Love saves lives," the president said Friday from the White House Rose Garden, in an...
Pence to Marchers:
'Life Is Winning'
Jan 27, 2017 1:20 PM CST
Pence to Marchers: 'Life Is Winning'
Kellyanne Conway promises 'new dawn for life' at March for Life
- For the first time in the 43-year-long history of DC's annual March for Life, White House officials attended the event . Vice President Mike Pence promised the crowd Friday that "life is winning again in America," and noted that there is a "pro-life [majority]" in Congress. He...
Anti-Abortion March Organizers
'Pulling Out All the Stops'
Jan 27, 2017 7:47 AM CST
Anti-Abortion March Organizers 'Pulling Out All the Stops'
Pence will speak at march, highest-ranking WH official to do so in person
- The Women's March on Washington Saturday drew about 500,000 people, with millions more demonstrating worldwide. Six days later, another march is taking place in DC, and the
New York Times
notes this event may be tinged with "a new sense of urgency, anxiety, and maybe a little...
At Center Stage
Jan 21, 2014 9:40 AM CST
At Center Stage in Midterms: Abortion
Both parties look to capitalize on issue
- With the midterm elections ahead, both parties are looking to use abortion rights as a rallying issue. Republicans are hoping related state ballot initiatives will bring voters to the polls. Meanwhile, they're looking to avoid another Todd Akin "legitimate rape" embarrassment, instead emphasizing a fiscally conservative take on...
Abortion Foes March in DC
Jan 25, 2013 6:05 PM CST
Abortion Foes March in DC
Boehner promises push to make abortion a 'relic of the past'
- Thousands of anti-abortion demonstrators marched through Washington to the steps of the Supreme Court today to protest the landmark decision that legalized abortion. The annual event took on added significance for many in the crowd because it coincided with the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. The demonstrators, carrying signs...
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
Angry Elephants Damage Car That Hit a Calf
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.