Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Meek Mill Apologizes for Line
About Kobe Bryant's Death
Feb 23, 2021 1:08 PM CST
Meek Mill Apologizes for Line About Kobe Bryant's Death
Rapper's track talks about dying the way the NBA star did
- A reference to the death of Kobe Bryant in a rapper's track has drawn an objection from the NBA star's wife. Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in California in January 2020, along with his daughter Gianna and seven other people . Meek Mill's "Don't...
Meek Mill Closes the Book
on 12-Year Legal Saga
Aug 27, 2019 11:28 AM CDT
Meek Mill Closes the Book on 12-Year Legal Saga
Rapper pleads guilty to one gun charge, other charges dropped
- For more than a decade, rapper Meek Mill has been embroiled in a legal saga surrounding gun and drug charges from 2007. On Tuesday morning, it ended. A Common Court Pleas judge in Pennsylvania agreed to let Mill plead guilty to a single gun charge (misdemeanor illegal possession of a...
Conviction Thrown Out
Jul 24, 2019 4:18 PM CDT
Meek Mill's Conviction Thrown Out
Rapper is granted new trial, new judge
- A Pennsylvania appeals court on Wednesday overturned rapper Meek Mill's conviction in a drug and gun case that has kept the rapper on probation for a decade and made him a celebrity crusader for criminal justice reform. The unanimous three-judge panel said that new evidence that undermines the credibility...
Apr 24, 2018 5:48 PM CDT
Meek Mill Walks Free
Court ordered judge to release him on bail
- Pennsylvania's highest court on Tuesday ordered a judge to free rapper Meek Mill on bail while he appeals decade-old gun and drug convictions, following a five-month campaign by his supporters to get him out. The Supreme Court directed a Philadelphia judge who had jailed him to immediately issue an...
Meek Mill's Convictions
Tossed; Judge Still
Won't Free Him
Apr 16, 2018 5:15 PM CDT
Prosecutors Want Meek Mill's Convictions Tossed; Judge Still Won't Free Him
Rapper's attorney says they will reach out to a higher court
- Rapper Meek Mill's drug and gun convictions should be thrown out and he should be granted a new trial, prosecutors said in court Monday in an announcement that led his supporters outside to break into an impromptu dance party. Judge Genece Brinkley refused to free him on bail after...
How 'Sadist' Judge Has Kept
Meek Mill From Superstardom
Mar 15, 2018 5:35 PM CDT
How 'Sadist' Judge Has Kept Meek Mill From Superstardom
Judge Genece Brinkley has kept rapper locked up, literally and figuratively, for a decade
- "There's brothers locked down that did nothing to be here but piss off people like Brinkley," Meek Mill tells
in an exclusive interview from prison. The interview serves as a long look at Judge Genece Brinkley—described by one attorney as a "sadist"...
Judge Calls Meek Mill a
'Danger,' Keeps Him in Prison
Dec 4, 2017 11:21 AM CST
Judge Calls Meek Mill a 'Danger,' Keeps Him in Prison
Judge Genece Brinkley's ruling was released Monday
- A Philadelphia judge says Meek Mill will stay in prison because he's a "danger to the community." Common Pleas Judge Genece Brinkley on Friday denied a motion to allow the 30-year-old rapper to be released from a Pennsylvania correctional facility on bail, reports the AP . Mill's...
Sends Meek Mill to Prison
Nov 7, 2017 10:02 AM CST
Less-Than-Sympathetic Judge Sends Meek Mill to Prison
Judge Genece Brinkley went against prosecutor's recommendation
- Rapper Meek Mill was sentenced to two to four years in prison on probation violations Monday by a Philadelphia judge who said the musician had wasted several chances to clean up his act following a 2009 gun and drug case. The sentence rounded out a roughly decade-long back-and-forth between the...
2 Dead, 2 Injured
Dec 31, 2016 6:58 AM CST
2 Dead, 2 Injured in Connecticut Concert Shooting
Shots were fired after Meek Mill performed
- Police say two people are dead and two injured after a shooting outside a Connecticut theater following a concert late Friday night. A Wallingford police spokeswoman tells the
that officers responded to reports of shots fired outside the Oakdale Theatre after rapper Meek Mill performed. Officers found two...
Rapper Meek Mill
Sentenced to ...
Jun 29, 2013 3:58 PM CDT
Rapper Meek Mill Sentenced to ... Etiquette Classes
Philly rapper told he needs training after fans threaten judge, probation officer
- A judge does not like the way Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill is handling himself in the court room or on social media, and has ordered the rising hip-hop star to complete etiquette classes. The judge first told him to take the classes in May, after, she says, messages he posted...
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.