Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Woody Allen Rips
Feb 22, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Woody Allen Rips Damning Documentary
HBO film examines child sexual abuse allegations against director
- Just after HBO showed a documentary Sunday night on the accusations of child sexual abuse against Woody Allen, the director issued a statement calling it a "hatchet job." The program, the first of four installments, looks into allegations that Allen molested Dylan Farrow when he was in a...
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will
Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Feb 18, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Mia Farrow: Woody Allen Will Do Anything 'to Save Himself'
Comments come from new documentary focusing on child abuse allegations
- Mia Farrow says her biggest regret is meeting Woody Allen, and that she's "scared" of the Oscar-winning writer/director 30 years after their tumultuous split, in a new documentary, the result of a two-year investigation.
Allen v. Farrow
covers the better years of Allen and Farrow's relationship in...
In Dylan Farrow's New Book,
a Swipe at Woody Allen
Oct 5, 2020 11:48 AM CDT
In Dylan Farrow's New Book, a Swipe at Woody Allen
Fantasy novel comes with an afterword that references 'false narrative' by 'powerful individual'
- Dylan Farrow's fantasy novel debuts Tuesday, part of a campaign that
calls a move back into the public eye "on her own terms."
's main character, Shae, takes on a slew of wizards (mostly male) who constantly try to gaslight her, a plot point
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out:
'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Mar 23, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out: 'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Filmmaker also discusses the early days of his relationship with Soon-Yi Previn
- Woody Allen's memoir, dropped by its original publisher after widespread criticism , has found a new home. The 400-page book, still called
Apropos of Nothing
, was released Monday by Arcade Publishing. With little advance notice, the 84-year-old filmmaker's book arrives at a time when much of the world is...
Mar 8, 2020 6:13 AM CDT
Woody Allen's Memoir Gets the Ax
Hachette drops memoir after Dylan, Ronan Farrow uproar, staff walkout
- Woody Allen's upcoming memoir is apparently no longer upcoming. According to the
, publisher Hachette Book Group has decided to pull the director's book,
Apropos of Nothing,
a month before it was to hit shelves after outcry over child molestation allegations . Hachette said it would "return...
Ronan to Woody
Were Your Sister'
Mar 4, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Ronan to Woody Allen Publisher: 'Imagine This Were Your Sister'
Hachette, which is publishing Allen's new memoir, also published Farrow's 'Catch and Kill'
- Ronan Farrow and Woody Allen share the same book publisher, but Farrow wasn't happy to recently find out about this bond with his estranged father.
Apropos of Nothing
, Allen's new memoir due out April 7, is being published by Hachette, also the publisher for Farrow's
Mar 3, 2020 9:35 AM CST
Woody Allen's Memoir Already Generating Controversy
Dylan Farrow blasts book as 'another example of the profound privilege that power ... affords'
- Woody Allen's long-rumored memoir will be published next month, according to a Monday release from Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group. It was quickly followed by harsh words from Dylan Farrow, the daughter who claims Allen molested her as a young girl in the early 1990s....
Jeff Goldblum's Woody Allen
Comments Rankle Some
Nov 8, 2019 6:37 AM CST
Jeff Goldblum's Woody Allen Comments Rankle Some
'I think there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty'
- Jeff Goldblum has joined Scarlett Johansson in supporting director Woody Allen, despite the allegations he sexually abused his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow decades ago. "Even though I feel like this cultural shift [the #MeToo movement] is very, very positive and long overdue and I support it wholeheartedly and take...
Dylan Farrow Answers
Sep 5, 2019 4:45 PM CDT
Dylan Farrow Answers Scarlett Johansson
Actress believes Woody Allen's denials of abuse
- Dylan Farrow was unmoved by Scarlett Johansson's faith in Woody Allen, the Cut reports. The actress had said she believes Allen when he denies Farrow's accusation that he sexually abused her when she was 7. "Scarlett has a long way to go in understanding the issue she...
After Decades of Silence,
Soon-Yi Previn Speaks
Sep 17, 2018 6:21 AM CDT
After Decades of Silence, Soon-Yi Previn Speaks
Woody Allen's wife blasts Mia Farrow in controversial 'New York' interview
- One person we haven't heard from in decades "as controversies tumbled around her": Soon-Yi Previn, wife of Woody Allen and adopted daughter of Mia Farrow. "No more," writes Daphne Merkin in a piece in
that's attracting plenty of attention—and backlash. Previn details...
'I Should Be
the Poster Boy'
Jun 4, 2018 3:27 PM CDT
Woody Allen: 'I Should Be the Poster Boy' for #MeToo
But he's not, he says, because he has great relationships with the women he works with
- Speaking to an Argentine journalist in an interview that was broadcast Sunday night on the Argentinian news program
Periodismo Para Todos
, Woody Allen said he should be the poster boy for the #MeToo movement, the AP reports. Allen, whose adopted daughter Dylan Farrow alleges he sexually abused her when she...
Javier Bardem 'Very Shocked'
at How Woody Allen Is Treated
Apr 20, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Javier Bardem 'Very Shocked' at How Woody Allen Is Treated
'I have doubts' about Dylan Farrow's sexual abuse allegations against director dad, Bardem says
- If Woody Allen were to throw a dinner party, he could probably count on invites being accepted by Diane Keaton , Alec Baldwin , and now, Javier Bardem. In a new interview in
, the Spanish actor says he's "very shocked at this sudden treatment" of Allen, who's...
Woody Allen Gets
Another Celeb Defender
Jan 30, 2018 8:01 AM CST
Woody Allen Gets Another Celeb Defender
And a critic in Judd Apatow
- Diane Keaton is the latest celebrity to defend Woody Allen from allegations that he sexually molested his adopted daughter in 1992. Keaton—who won the best actress Oscar for her role alongside Allen in 1977's
, which Allen also directed—took to Twitter on Monday to describe Allen...
Dylan Farrow Speaks on TV for
First Time About Woody Allen
Jan 18, 2018 9:50 AM CST
Dylan Farrow Speaks on TV for First Time About Woody Allen
32-year-old says of alleged 1992 sexual assault: 'I want to show my face and tell my story'
- One person vigorously reupping her claims in the wake of the #MeToo movement: Dylan Farrow, who continues to insist her father, Woody Allen, molested her when she was a child at the home of her mother, Mia Farrow. On Thursday, Farrow appeared on
CBS This Morning
and says she wishes...
of Woody Allen
Jan 16, 2018 7:00 PM CST
Alec Baldwin: 'Renunciation' of Woody Allen Must Stop
Baldwin speaks out as Dylan Farrow interview is set to air this week
- Alec Baldwin has denounced other Hollywood stars who've condemned director Woody Allen over sexual abuse claims. The actor, who has worked with Allen on films including
To Rome With Love,
made his argument in a series of tweets Tuesday in which he called the ongoing controversy "unfair and...
Mira Sorvino to
Dylan Farrow: 'I Believe You'
Jan 11, 2018 2:05 PM CST
Mira Sorvino to Dylan Farrow: 'I Believe You'
Actor apologizes to Woody Allen's daughter in open letter
- "I believe you!!!" Mira Sorvino writes in an open letter to Dylan Farrow published by the HuffPost . The actor reached out to Woody Allen's daughter Wednesday to apologize for starring in her father's
—for which she won an Oscar—while ignoring Farrow's claims...
Dylan Farrow: No #MeToo
Reckoning for My Father
Dec 8, 2017 7:15 AM CST
Dylan Farrow: No #MeToo Reckoning for My Father
Farrow says same system that protected Harvey Weinstein continues to shield Woody Allen
- Last year Ronan Farrow slammed the media for protecting his father, Woody Allen, on the sexual abuse allegations surrounding him. Now Farrow's sister, Dylan Farrow, who has detailed the abuse she says she suffered at Allen's hands, takes to the
Los Angeles Times
to muse on the #MeToo...
Cosby a Pass
May 11, 2016 11:33 AM CDT
Ronan Farrow: Media Gives Woody Allen, Cosby a Pass
He takes on PR, reporters, himself for being complicit in silencing sex-abuse survivors
- Woody Allen's star-studded
is the opening flick Wednesday at the Cannes Film Festival , and in a probably-not-coincidentally-timed piece in the
, his son with Mia Farrow, Ronan Farrow, pens a scathing essay on the "culture of acquiescence" surrounding his famous filmmaker dad, specifically regarding Allen'...
A Woody Allen
What It Means
Jan 13, 2015 1:15 PM CST
A Woody Allen TV Show? What It Means
Big things for streaming TV—and likely controversy: James Poniewozik
- Woody Allen is set to write and direct a TV series on Amazon Prime , and the news has big ramifications for the filmmaker, the company, and the TV industry, writes James Poniewozik in
. First of all, the legendary director's willingness to make a TV show proves that "...
Scarlett Johansson: Dylan Farrow Letter 'Irresponsible'
Mar 17, 2014 9:20 AM CDT
Scarlett Johansson: Dylan Farrow Letter 'Irresponsible'
She addresses Woody Allen controversy
- Scarlett Johansson was one of the many Hollywood VIPs publicly called out by Dylan Farrow for working with Woody Allen despite Farrow's claim that Allen molested her—and now ScarJo has hit back a bit. The quote comes as part of a much larger
profile: "I think...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Scientists Question Models After Arctic Ocean Finding
Taylor Swift Just Outdid 'American Pie'
Bannon: Make My Court Documents Public
2 Planes Flew in From South Africa. 61 People Had COVID
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.