Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
7 Things to Know
About Your Bad Breath
Oct 16, 2017 4:20 PM CDT
7 Things to Know About Your Bad Breath
First, you might not have it
- If you do the old breathe-into-your-cupped hand trick to verify your breath is passable before a big date or meeting, brace yourself for some bad news. The BBC reports it doesn't really work. That's because the huff doesn't push out the breath that occupies the back of...
Finally, Garlic That
Apr 26, 2016 8:11 AM CDT
Finally, Garlic That Doesn't Destroy Your Breath
2 Italian entrepreneurs hope to bring back once-popular Tuscan staple
- A construction engineer and a lawyer who've been friends since they were teens were seeking a diversion from their 9-to-5 toil, so they teamed up to revive a Tuscany staple that hasn't been prevalent in four decades: a huge variety of garlic that doesn't stink, tastes sweeter,...
App Tells You
Jan 7, 2015 7:00 PM CST
App Tells You When Your Breath Stinks
The 'Mint' measures users' halitosis-inducing compounds
- Sticking a sensor into your mouth to calculate your hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen disulfide, and methyl mercaptan levels may sound at first like something you'd see in a sci-fi movie or in NASA astronaut training, but it's actually designed for a more practical, everyday purpose: to measure how bad...
Why You Get Garlic Breath
Jun 10, 2014 1:12 PM CDT
Why You Get Garlic Breath
One organic compound in particular is to blame
- We know it as garlic breath, but a scientist might think of it as allyl methyl sulfide breath. That organic compound is the main culprit in the stench that often results after a garlic-infused meal, explains a new video by the American Chemical Society and the Compound Interest chemistry blog....
Popular on Newser
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
Family Dies in 'Heartbreaking Tragedy' at Canadian Border
Mitch McConnell Contrasts Black Voters, American Voters
British Doctor Visiting US Shot Dead in Bed
Meat Loaf Dead at 74
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.