Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
George Clooney Has
a Big Ask of the Media
Nov 6, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
George Clooney Has a Big Ask of the Media
Star doesn't want pics of his kids' faces being published, especially by the UK's 'Daily Mail'
- George Clooney understands that, as one of the most famous actors in the world, he's going to occasionally be photographed while out in public. As for his two young kids, however, they should be off-limits, a plea he made Thursday in an open letter to the media. The BBC...
US Threatened to
Veto UN Resolution
on Sexual Violence
Apr 24, 2019 5:24 AM CDT
US Threatened to Veto UN Resolution on Sexual Violence
References to sexual health were removed
- A United Nations resolution on ending the use of rape as a weapon in war was watered down Tuesday after the US threatened to veto it. References to sexual and reproductive health were dropped because the US felt it implied support for abortion, the BBC reports. The removed passage urged...
A Girl Allegedly Died an ISIS
Slave. Now, a Woman on Trial
Apr 10, 2019 9:28 AM CDT
A Girl Allegedly Died an ISIS Slave. Now, a Woman on Trial
Jennifer W. faces murder and war crimes charges against member of Yazidi minority
- A German court on Tuesday saw the start of a major case: what is being called one of the most prominent ones against a female ISIS member, and what the AFP reports may be the first ever in which an ISIS member is accused of war crimes against the Yazidi...
This Year's Most
Met Gala Looks
May 8, 2018 12:31 AM CDT
This Year's Most Eye-Catching Met Gala Looks
Divine designs was the theme
- Divine designs floated up the red carpet at Monday's religion-themed Met Gala in shimmering golds, reds, and fuchsia; in crowns and in crosses; and even a pair of giant wings. One lesson of the night: If anyone can make a mitre modern, it's Rihanna. The Grammy-winning artist arrived...
Fell In Love
Apr 11, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
How Amal and George Fell In Love
Clooneys both talk to 'Vogue' for profile of Amal
- Amal Clooney opens up about the early days of her relationship with her husband, George, in a new
cover story. She met the actor when she accompanied a friend to Clooney's house on Lake Como, Italy; he recalls that he not only found the acclaimed human rights attorney...
Clooneys Make Big Move
to Fight School Shootings
Feb 20, 2018 12:44 PM CST
Clooneys Make Big Move to Fight School Shootings
'Our children's lives depend on it'
- George and Amal Clooney are making a big move in the wake of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting: The celebrity couple is donating $500,000 to March For Our Lives , the Washington, DC, protest demanding gun control planned for next month by survivors of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas...
Clooneys Give $1M to
Fight Domestic Extremists
Aug 22, 2017 3:40 PM CDT
Clooneys Give $1M to Fight Domestic Extremists
Southern Poverty Law Center gets grant from Clooney Foundation for Justice
- George and Amal Clooney's Clooney Foundation for Justice has given a $1 million grant to the Southern Poverty Law Center to combat hate groups in the US, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. "What happened in Charlottesville, and what is happening in communities across our country, demands our collective...
Twins Are Here
Jun 6, 2017 11:49 AM CDT
George and Amal Clooney's Twins Are Here
Ella and Alexander have arrived
- George and Amal Clooney have welcomed their twins, a son and a daughter,
reports. "This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives," George Clooney said in a statement Tuesday. "Ella, Alexander, and Amal are all healthy, happy, and doing fine. George...
Clooney Breaks Silence
on Becoming a Dad
Feb 21, 2017 10:30 AM CST
Clooney Breaks Silence on Becoming a Dad
He and Amal consider it an 'adventure'
- George Clooney has given his first public comments on the subject of his impending fatherhood . "We are really happy and really excited. It's going to be an adventure," he said during an interview on the French program
Rencontres de Cinema
. "We've sort of...
Are Having Twins
Feb 9, 2017 3:03 PM CST
The Clooneys Are Having Twins
- Just when you thought George Clooney's marriage was the biggest surprise he had in store for the world—he and his wife of two years are expecting twins. Host Julie Chen revealed the couple's news on Thursday's episode of
reports. "Beyonce is not...
Amal Clooney Aiding Ex-ISIS
Captive, With George's Blessing
Sep 19, 2016 11:12 AM CDT
Amal Clooney Aiding Ex-ISIS Captive, With George's Blessing
Human rights lawyer is helping Nadia Murad seek justice for the Yazidi people
- Nadia Murad, a 23-year-old Yazidi woman who survived captivity as an ISIS sex slave, was named a UN goodwill ambassador Friday—the first time a human trafficking survivor was named as such,
reports. Murad has another distinction: a high-profile human rights lawyer helping her cause of bringing ISIS criminals...
Took 25 Minutes
Feb 4, 2016 10:35 AM CST
George Clooney: Awkward Proposal Took 25 Minutes
He tells the story to Ellen DeGeneres
- George Clooney went on Ellen DeGeneres' show Thursday, where he told the story of how he proposed to his now-wife Amal—and it was a doozy. As Clooney explained , the couple hadn't discussed the idea of getting married, so Amal had no idea what was going on, despite the...
8 Celebs Who Have Taught College Classes
Mar 14, 2015 9:08 AM CDT
8 Celebs Who Have Taught College Classes
From Kanye West to Amal Clooney
- With their surreal and sometimes bizarre lives, it's not surprising that celebrities are occasionally the subjects of college-level classes ( The Sociology of Miley Cyrus , anyone?), but some A-listers have also been inspired to get behind the lecture podium, too. Below are eight celebs who've moonlighted as college...
Picks Her Most
Dec 15, 2014 8:27 AM CST
Barbara Walters Picks Her Most Fascinating Person
And it's Amal Clooney
- Amal Clooney, the human rights lawyer who managed to snag George Clooney as a husband this year, also managed to snag the top spot on Barbara Walters' annual list of the most fascinating people last night. Interestingly, it was Walters to whom Mr. Clooney said, back in 1995, "I'...
Popular on Newser
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
In an Unannounced Outing, Carters Attend Plains Festival
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.