Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump's Hurricane Updates
Cause a Ruckus
Sep 3, 2019 9:13 AM CDT
Trump's Hurricane Updates Cause a Ruckus
President accused of inaccuracies, but he lashes back at critics
- President Trump was up early tweeting (or retweeting) about the path of Hurricane Dorian on Tuesday, and those following his feed over the holiday weekend will be surprised. The
New York Times
counts 122 Trump tweets starting Saturday morning, with many revolving around the hurricane bearing down on the East...
London Mayor Hits Back at
'Poster Boy for the Far-Right'
Jun 4, 2019 10:05 AM CDT
London Mayor Hits Back at 'Poster Boy for the Far-Right'
Sadiq Khan thinks Trump's UK visit is a mistake
- London's mayor isn't losing any sleep over President Trump's view of him as a "stone cold loser." "This is the sort of behavior I would expect from an 11-year-old," Sadiq Khan tells CNN of Trump's tweeted remarks —apparently in response to...
Trump Insults 'Stone Cold Loser'
Minutes Before Arriving in UK
Jun 3, 2019 5:13 AM CDT
Trump Insults 'Stone Cold Loser' Minutes Before Arriving in UK
President hits back at London mayor
- President Trump began his state visit to the UK on Monday by insulting London's mayor on Twitter minutes before his plane landed. Sadiq Khan "who by all accounts has done a terrible job as Mayor of London, has been foolishly 'nasty' to the visiting President of the...
Mayor Who OKed Trump
Blimp Gets Own Balloon
Aug 31, 2018 3:45 AM CDT
Mayor Who OKed Trump Blimp Gets Own Balloon
Khan OKs 29-foot bikini balloon
- Critics of London Mayor Sadiq Khan have been given permission to fly a giant balloon over London that depicts him dressed in a bikini. Organizer Yanny Bruere has raised more than $75,000 through the Crowdfunder website for the 29-foot blimp as part of a campaign to oust Khan from...
Trump 'Quite Stung'
by London's Blimp
Jul 13, 2018 6:01 AM CDT
Trump 'Quite Stung' by London's Blimp
Inflatable depicting president as baby rises over Parliament
- London has seen countless strange sights over the centuries—but a blimp depicting President Trump as an angry orange baby rising outside the Houses of Parliament is a new one. The blimp—part of protests against Trump's visit that are planned in dozens of British cities—went up Friday...
1 Dead, 8 Hurt in 'Terror Attack'
Outside London Mosque
Jun 19, 2017 12:44 AM CDT
1 Dead, 8 Hurt in 'Terror Attack' Outside London Mosque
Van plowed into Finsbury Park worshippers
- In what authorities say is being treated as a terrorist attack, at least one person was killed when a van plowed into worshippers outside a mosque in north London early Monday. Police say a 48-year-old man was arrested after the vehicle ran into people that had left Finsbury Park Mosque...
Doubts Surface About
Trump's Visit to Britain
Jun 11, 2017 8:06 PM CDT
Doubts Surface About Trump's Visit to Britain
2 reports say he's hesitant, fearing a bad reception by the public
- Speculation surrounding Trump’s anticipated visit to England has piqued amid two reports that he's having second thoughts because of a potentially bad reception. The
reports that plans are "on hold" after Trump relayed as much on a phone call made in recent weeks to Prime Minister...
Time to Call Off
Jun 6, 2017 5:59 AM CDT
London Mayor: Time to Call Off Trump Visit
President 'is wrong about many things,' Khan says
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who has found himself in a renewed feud with President Trump after Saturday night's terrorist attack, think it's time to call off Trump's state visit to the UK. "I don't think we should roll out the red carpet to the president...
Trump Goes After Mayor
of London Again in Tweet
Jun 5, 2017 11:51 AM CDT
Trump Goes After Mayor of London Again in Tweet
- President Trump isn't letting up on his controversial criticism of London's mayor in the wake of that city's terror attacks. "Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his 'no reason to be alarmed' statement," tweeted Trump on Monday....
Trump of Being
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Jun 4, 2017 10:28 AM CDT
Gore Accuses Trump of Being 'Divisive' With London Tweets
Trump criticized and misquoted London mayor in tweet
- Al Gore appeared on CNN's
State of the Union
Sunday to take President Trump to task for criticizing and misquoting London Mayor Sadiq Khan in a tweet while the latter attempts to deal with the aftermath of Saturday's deadly attack. “I don’t think that a major...
UK Arrests 12 in
London Bridge Attack
Jun 4, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
UK Arrests 12 in London Bridge Attack
London police say that they're continuing to carry out searches
- The UK wasted no time in its response to the terror attack on London Bridge on Saturday, with London Metropolitan Police announcing Sunday that they had arrested 12 people in connection, reports the BBC . Police are continuing to carry out searches, and the AP reports that they say the investigation...
52-Year-Old London Attacker
Mar 23, 2017 11:20 AM CDT
Britain Identifies 52-Year-Old London Attacker
Theresa May says Khalid Masood was known but 'peripheral' figure to police, intel
- Details are still trickling out about Wednesday's terror attack in London , and the BBC and the
New York Times
report that the attacker was identified Thursday by Metropolitan Police as 52-year Khalid Masood, who had been convicted for a series of non-terrorism-related crimes over a span of at least...
Trump Son Slammed for
Response to London Attack
Mar 23, 2017 6:33 AM CDT
Trump Son Slammed for Response to London Attack
He tweeted months-old remark from mayor
- President Trump's oldest son was slammed Wednesday for what was seen as a political attack on London's mayor within hours of a terrorist attack that left five people dead and dozens injured. "You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in big city,...
Killed in London
Aug 4, 2016 6:37 AM CDT
US Woman Killed in London Mass Stabbing
5 others were injured; suspect arrested
- A mass stabbing in a busy part of London late Wednesday has left an American woman dead and five other people injured. The attack occurred in Russell Square near the British Museum, and authorities have arrested a 19-year-old suspect identified only as a Norwegian national of Somali origin, reports the...
May 10, 2016 7:06 AM CDT
London's Muslim Mayor Rejects Trump's 'Ignorant View'
After Trump says he'd make an exception to his travel ban
- If he becomes president, Donald Trump suggests he'd make an exception to his proposed ban on Muslims entering the US for London's new Muslim mayor . Trump tells the
New York Times
that Sadiq Khan's election is "a very good thing," and "if he does...
Sadiq Khan Becomes
London's 1st Muslim Mayor
May 6, 2016 7:06 PM CDT
Sadiq Khan Becomes London's 1st Muslim Mayor
He won with 57% of the vote
- Labour Party politician Sadiq Khan, the son of a bus driver from Pakistan, was elected mayor of London with 1.3 million votes—57% of the total—the AP reports. The final result came after midnight Saturday, more than 24 hours after the polls closed. He defeated Conservative rival Zac...
Popular on Newser
Tagovailoa Speaks on His Latest Hard Hit
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Democrat Wants New Leaders After Stock Ban Stalls
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
Father Attacks Meta After Girl's Death
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.