Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alex Jones, Yiannopoulos
Respond to Facebook Ban
May 2, 2019 4:56 PM CDT
Alex Jones, Yiannopoulos Respond to Facebook Ban
Right-wing figures and Louis Farrakhan, known for anti-Semitic comments, permanently banned
- After years of pressure to crack down on extremist content, Facebook has banned Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other extremists, saying they violated its ban against hate and violence, the AP reports. The company also banned right-wing leaders Paul Nehlen, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, and Laura Loomer, along with...
Forced Out of
NYC Bar by Hecklers
Apr 23, 2018 3:32 PM CDT
Yiannopoulos Forced Out of NYC Bar by Hecklers
Video shows them chanting 'Nazi scum get out'
- Milo Yiannopoulos just so happened to walk into a Manhattan bar where Democratic Socialists of America members were meeting Saturday ... and promptly found himself shouted out of the place. Video posted to Twitter shows the crowd chanting "Nazi scum get out" at the controversial conservative writer, the Hill reports....
7 Arrested Outside
Milo Yiannopoulos Speech
Nov 1, 2017 12:12 AM CDT
7 Arrested Outside Milo Yiannopoulos Speech
'We come out and try and be louder than them,' protester says
- Police arrested seven people after scuffles and at least one serious fight broke out between protesters and people attending a speech by conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos at a Southern California college Tuesday night. Dozens of protesters at California State University, Fullerton stood outside barricades chanting "Black lives matter,"...
Pence Pick Is 'the
Price We Pay'
Oct 11, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
Bannon Emails: Pence Pick Is 'the Price We Pay'
He called Trump's vice presidential selection 'an unfortunate necessity'
- Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon referred to Mike Pence as "an unfortunate necessity" during the 2016 presidential election. Responding to an email from former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos, who asked Bannon's thoughts on Pence on the day he was announced as Trump's running mate, Breitbart'...
Milo Yiannopoulos Says
He Married Boyfriend
Oct 3, 2017 1:03 AM CDT
Milo Yiannopoulos Says He Married Boyfriend
He posts photos of Hawaii wedding to mystery man
- Alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos says he married his boyfriend in Hawaii over the weekend—but he hasn't disclosed his husband's identity. In photos the former Breitbart editor shared on Instagram , only Yiannopoulos' face is clearly visible, reports the Root , which quips: "If you were a black man,...
Base in a Fury
Over Syria Strike
Apr 7, 2017 4:29 PM CDT
Trump's Alt-Right Base in a Fury Over Syria Strike
Some believe Trump was conned into Syria strike
- President Trump's intervention in Syria isn't sitting well with a group that has long provided some of his staunchest support: bloggers loosely described as being on the alt-right. Politico , the
, and the
New York Times
provide examples of the anger, and two main themes are clear:...
Bill Maher's Comments on
Letourneau Sex Case Resurface
Feb 24, 2017 12:18 PM CST
Bill Maher's Comments on Letourneau Sex Case Resurface
After he takes some credit for Milo Yiannopoulos' downfall
- "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," said Bill Maher earlier this week in a
New York Times
interview in which he took some credit for triggering the downfall of Milo Yiannopoulos, whose Friday night appearance on Maher's HBO show brought the host an avalanche of criticism. Now, some...
Bill Maher on Milo:
Feb 22, 2017 8:37 AM CST
Bill Maher on Milo: 'You're Welcome'
HBO host answers critics who faulted his booking of Yiannopoulos
- Before his disastrous last few days , Milo Yiannopoulos appeared on Bill Maher's HBO show, and the booking caused Maher all kinds of grief. Now Maher has two words for those critics: "You're welcome." In an interview with the
New York Times
, Maher recalls the general line...
Inside Milo Yiannopoulos'
Dizzying Rise and Fall
Feb 22, 2017 5:51 AM CST
Inside Milo Yiannopoulos' Dizzying Rise and Fall
Matt Taibbi predicts we haven't seen last of provocateur
- With his book deal , CPAC speaking gig , and job at Breitbart now history, this hasn't been the greatest week for Milo Yiannopoulos, but it would be a mistake to think we've seen the last of him, writes Matt Taibbi at
. The alt-right provocateur will now take...
First Time Ever
Feb 21, 2017 5:34 PM CST
Milo Yiannopoulos Apologizes for First Time Ever
He does not, in fact, support adults sexually abusing minors
- Polarizing right-wing writer Milo Yiannopoulos apologized during a Tuesday press conference for comments he made about sexual relationships between boys and men, the AP reports. Yiannopoulos, speaking to reporters, said that two men, including a priest, had touched him inappropriately when he was between the ages of 13 and 16....
Feb 21, 2017 2:07 PM CST
Milo Yiannopoulos Leaves Breitbart
He says the decision was his and his alone
- Milo Yiannopoulos' very bad week continues: After CPAC rescinded his invite and Simon & Schuster canceled his book contract over his past comments about sex between men and boys , the alt-right firebrand has now resigned from Breitbart News. The former Breitbart editor calls the decision his and his alone in...
Publisher Off Hook
Feb 21, 2017 12:15 PM CST
Despite Milo Move, Author Won't Let Publisher Off Hook
Feminist author Roxane Gay rails on Simon & Schuster
- People are buzzing about Simon & Schuster pulling Milo Yiannopoulos' upcoming book,
, over past pedophilia comments—but one person not giving him, or the publisher, a pass is Roxane Gay. On her Tumblr , the
author digs into S&S, noting that no, "they did not finally...
Book Contract Canceled
Feb 20, 2017 5:16 PM CST
Milo Yiannopoulos Book Contract Canceled
After controversy over comments about sex between men and boys
- Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos' publisher has cancelled his planned book,
, the AP reports. Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint announced Monday that "after careful consideration" they had pulled the book, which had been high on Amazon.com's best-seller lists and was the subject of intense...
CPAC Rescinds Invite
to Yiannopoulos After Video
Feb 20, 2017 1:06 PM CST
CPAC Rescinds Invite to Yiannopoulos After Video
Group accuses him of 'condoning pedophilia'
- Milo is out. The Conservative Political Action Committee has rescinded its invitation to alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at the group's annual convention this week, reports Politico . The move comes after video surfaced of the Breitbart News editor saying that sexual relationships between "boys and older men"...
Milo Yiannopoulos: 'I Do Not
Support Pedophilia. Period'
Feb 20, 2017 12:34 PM CST
Milo Yiannopoulos: 'I Do Not Support Pedophilia. Period'
Alt-right figure says new video is deceptively edited
- Alt-right firebrand Milo Yiannopolous finds himself under fire for comments he made about relationships between teens and older men, comments that have critics accusing him of supporting pedophilia, which he adamantly denies. The controversy comes just after he received an invitation to speak this week at the Conservative Political Action...
Bill Maher Books
Feb 16, 2017 7:44 AM CST
Bill Maher Books Yiannopoulos, and Another Guest Flees
Intercept co-founder Jeremy Scahill says Maher giving 'racist campaign' a platform
- Bill Maher's decision to book conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos on his HBO show drew quick condemnation from another guest. Jeremy Scahill, a journalist who's appeared frequently on
Real Time with Bill Maher
, tweeted that he won't appear as a panelist Friday because of Yiannopoulos and what he...
Trump Threatens University's
Funding After Milo Protest
Feb 2, 2017 10:23 AM CST
Trump Threatens University's Funding After Milo Protest
President says UC Berkeley had better allow 'free speech,' not '[practice] violence'
- The UC Berkeley campus erupted in anger Wednesday night during a protest that turned violent against a scheduled speech by far-right Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos (the speech ended up being canceled). President Trump weighed in on the incident on Twitter, per the
, and it was clear from his message...
Violent Protests Shut Down
Milo Berkeley Talk
Feb 2, 2017 1:54 AM CST
Violent Protests Shut Down Milo Berkeley Talk
Yiannopoulos accuses left of being scared of free speech
- A talk by far-right commentator Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of California-Berkeley had to be called off Wednesday night as protesters smashed windows, ignited fireworks, and chucked bricks and Molotov cocktails. The university blamed the violence on 150 "masked agitators" it accused of disrupting otherwise peaceful protests against the...
Protesters Shut Down
Milo, Shkreli Speeches
Jan 14, 2017 7:41 AM CST
Protesters Shut Down Milo, Shkreli Speeches
UC-Davis chancellor is 'deeply disappointed'
- Speeches by far-right commentator Milo Yiannopoulos and former pharma exec Martin Shkreli were canceled Friday night after heated protests at the University of California, Davis. Police put up barricades as protesters shouting "shut it down" grew increasingly rowdy in the hours leading up to the talks. The UC Davis...
Has Beef With
Jan 4, 2017 10:54 AM CST
Leslie Jones Has Beef With Breitbart Editor's Book Deal
Simon & Schuster is helping to 'spread hate,' she says
- Milo Yiannopoulos was allegedly behind the racist and sexist harassment of Leslie Jones on Twitter, and now the controversial Breitbart editor has a book deal . Jones isn't letting that fact slip by quietly. After publisher Simon & Schster released a statement defending the deal from the backlash that ensued,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Cops: Woman Tries to Buy Baby at Walmart
Elon Musk Has an Offer for McDonald's
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Woman Checks Spam, Finds a $3M Treat
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.