Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Earliest Trump Allegation
Apr 4, 2023 7:12 PM CDT
Earliest Trump Allegation Involves Doorman
DA's office says Trump orchestrated payment over illegitimate child allegation
- The indictment against Donald Trump unsealed Tuesday contains hush-money allegations connected to adult film star Stormy Daniels, former
model Karen McDougal, and another, lesser-known party: A former Trump Tower doorman who claimed Trump had an illegitimate child with a housekeeper. The office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg says...
He Served His Time. Now,
Testimony to a Grand Jury
Mar 11, 2023 5:30 AM CST
He Served His Time. Now, Testimony to a Grand Jury
Michael Cohen will appear Monday in Manhattan in hush money Trump case
- Donald Trump's former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify Monday before a Manhattan grand jury investigating hush money payments made on the former president's behalf, two people familiar with the matter tell the AP . Cohen is a key witness in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg'...
Who Says She Had
Affair With Trump,
Sues Fox News
Dec 5, 2019 4:00 PM CST
Karen McDougal, Who Says She Had Affair With Trump, Sues Fox News
Tucker Carlson defamed her by referring to extortion, lawsuit says
- Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model who says she had an affair with Donald Trump before he was president, filed a defamation suit Thursday against Fox News. McDougal received $150,000 that Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, has said came from him. In December 2018, Fox host Tucker Carlson said...
Michael Cohen Sounds Ticked
on Eve of Prison Sentence
Apr 29, 2019 12:53 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Sounds Ticked on Eve of Prison Sentence
'How come I’m the one that’s going to prison?' he asks in 'New Yorker' profile
- Michael Cohen reports to federal prison next week to begin his three-year sentence , and Jeffrey Toobin of the
caught up with him beforehand. One thing that's clear: The former fixer for Donald Trump is miffed that he ended up being the one in prosecutor's crosshairs. “...
New Report on Hush Payments
Could Be Bad News for Trump
Nov 9, 2018 1:50 PM CST
New Report on Hush Payments Could Be Bad News for Trump
'WSJ' says he was directly involved at 'nearly every step' in arranging payments to women
Wall Street Journal
is out with an investigative report on President Trump asserting that he played a direct role in arranging hush-money payments to women alleging affairs with him, despite two years of denials. Trump "was involved in or briefed on nearly every step of the agreements,"...
Trump Stories in a Safe
Aug 24, 2018 5:43 AM CDT
Stashed Trump Stories in a Safe
They were moved before the inauguration, sources say
kept a safe containing documents on hush money payments and other damaging stories it killed as part of its cozy relationship with Donald Trump leading up to the 2016 presidential election, people familiar with the arrangement tell the AP . The detail came amid reports that federal prosecutors...
Cohen Wasn't the Only
One Handling Hush Money
Aug 23, 2018 3:47 AM CDT
Cohen Wasn't the Only One Handling Hush Money
Trump execs could be in hot water
- President Trump is highly unlikely to be indicted under current Justice Department policy—but he's not the only one facing potential repercussions from Michael Cohen's guilty plea to charges violating campaign finance laws. Court documents show that when Cohen was reimbursed by the Trump Organization for hush money...
Rips Into Trump,
Aug 22, 2018 8:17 AM CDT
Cohen's Lawyer Rips Into Trump, Repeatedly
Lanny Davis makes the morning talk show rounds
- The days of Michael Cohen being willing to "take a bullet for" the president are seemingly long gone. He testified on Tuesday that he made hush-money payments to two women "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office." In the wake of his...
Cohen Guilty Pleas Involve
Payoffs to Two Women
Aug 21, 2018 4:13 PM CDT
Cohen Guilty Pleas Involve Payoffs to Two Women
Charges against the president's former attorney include campaign finance violations
- Ex-Trump attorney Cohen has entered guilty pleas to charges that include campaign finance violations involving payoffs to two women, per the AP . The hush money payments were part of a coordinated effort to influence the 2016 presidential election, the president's former "fixer" said in a federal court in...
Jul 25, 2018 6:53 AM CDT
Secret Trump-Cohen Recording Released
They discuss hush money payment to ex- Playboy model
- A recording of the current president of the United States discussing a hush money payment involving a former
model over an alleged affair was made public Tuesday night—and the biggest controversy is over the proposed method of payment. In the recording aired by CNN , Trump talks to attorney...
Trump Slams Cohen
Over Secret Taping
Jul 21, 2018 8:31 AM CDT
Trump Slams Cohen Over Secret Taping
'Totally unheard of' and 'perhaps illegal,' president says of recorded conversation
- If President Trump and former attorney Michael Cohen weren't already on the outs, the revelation that Cohen secretly recorded at least one of their phone conversations has cinched it. The president took to Twitter Saturday morning to express his displeasure and to suggest that Cohen might have broken the...
Cohen Secretly Recorded
a Dicey Talk With Trump
Jul 20, 2018 12:31 PM CDT
Cohen Secretly Recorded a Dicey Talk With Trump
They discussed payment for ex-model alleging affair; Giuliani hears nothing damaging
New York Times
is out with a potentially big scoop regarding former Trump attorney Michael Cohen. It seems that when FBI agents raided his office in April, they found a recording that Cohen secretly made of a conversation between him and Trump two months before the election. The newspaper...
New Subpoena in Cohen Case
Puts Focus on
Jun 21, 2018 7:20 AM CDT
New Subpoena in Cohen Case Puts Focus on
Federal prosecutors looking into how America Media Inc. handled Playboy model's story
paid a former Playboy model $150,000 during the 2016 campaign for the rights to her allegations that she'd had an affair with Donald Trump but then killed the story. Does that amount to an illegal campaign contribution? That's one of the questions federal prosecutors...
Scores 'Total Win'
Apr 18, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Ex-Playboy Model Scores 'Total Win' With Lawsuit Over Alleged Trump Fling
Karen McDougal settles with American Media Inc
- A former Playboy model who says she slept with President Trump can now say it all she wants—in even greater detail. Karen McDougal settled her lawsuit Wednesday with the tabloid company American Media Inc. on terms that let her fully discuss the alleged affair , the
New York Times
Report: Raid on Trump Lawyer
Was 'Striking in Its Breadth'
Apr 12, 2018 4:14 AM CDT
Report: Raid on Trump Lawyer Was 'Striking in Its Breadth'
Investigators demanded records on Access Hollywood tape
- The FBI raid on the offices of President Trump's personal lawyer was "striking in its breadth," sources say, with investigators demanding records including those relating to Trump's infamous
recording, in which he boasts about grabbing women. The
New York Times
, citing "three people...
Trump's 'Fix-It Guy'
May Be in Real Trouble
Apr 10, 2018 1:30 PM CDT
Trump's 'Fix-It Guy' May Be in Real Trouble
A look at the potential legal trouble for Michael Cohen, as well as the president
- A quick look at stories about Michael Cohen, the president's personal attorney, reveals a clear theme: The 51-year-old has long prided himself on being Donald Trump's No. 1 troubleshooter. "I am the fix-it guy," he once told the
Wall Street Journal
, which also collects a quote...
Alleged Trump Affair in Detail
Mar 23, 2018 6:10 AM CDT
Ex-Playmate Describes Alleged Trump Affair in Detail
Karen McDougal says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Days after filing a lawsuit to break her silence , former Playboy model Karen McDougal described her alleged affair with President Trump in an emotional CNN interview. McDougal told Anderson Cooper that she first met Trump during filming at the Playboy Mansion in 2006, a few months after Melania Trump gave...
Sues So She Can
Talk About Alleged
Mar 20, 2018 5:44 PM CDT
Ex-Playmate Sues So She Can Talk About Alleged Trump Affair
Karen McDougal sues National Enquirer's parent company
- Another alleged former paramour of President Trump is suing in an attempt to break her silence on the affair. This time it's former
model Karen McDougal, who says she was involved with Trump in 2006 and 2007 —around the same time adult film star Stormy Daniels, who...
Popular on Newser
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Dr Pepper's Tuition Toss Was a Lot More Exciting Than Usual
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.