Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Christine Blasey Ford
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 22, 2021 5:40 PM CDT
FBI Reveals Kavanaugh Check Drew 4.5K Tips
Christine Blasey Ford's lawyers say the background investigation was 'a sham'
- The FBI has revived criticism of its handling of the 2018 background check on Brett Kavanaugh by conceding it received more than 4,500 tips on him. Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings for a seat on the US Supreme Court included testimony by Christine Blasey Ford, a professor who accused the...
Senator: FBI's Kavanaugh
Investigation Was a Joke
Mar 16, 2021 12:44 PM CDT
Senator: FBI's Kavanaugh Investigation Was a Joke
Sheldon Whitehouse wants the attorney general to investigate
- The Brett Kavanaugh controversy might not be over just yet. Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says the FBI's inquiry into sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation hearing in 2018 was a joke, and the senator is calling on the attorney general to take a look. Whitehouse...
Picks Up Steam
Sep 16, 2019 2:36 PM CDT
Kavanaugh Controversy Picks Up Steam
Both sides of the debate are convinced they're right
- A new allegation of sexual impropriety emerged over the weekend about Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh, but it's one of those cases where the story
the story is a thing unto itself. Where we're at: Democrats say the new allegation is cause to impeach Kavanaugh, but his...
Finds Controversy Again
Mar 5, 2019 9:40 AM CST
Roseanne Barr Finds Controversy Again
She goes after MeToo accusers as 'hos'
- Roseanne Barr is making headlines yet again over controversial statements, this time in regard to the MeToo movement, Sen. Kamala Harris, and Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused the Supreme Court's Brett Kavanaugh of assault. The comments came during an interview with conservative radio host Candace Owens. The...
Here Is the
of the Year
Dec 10, 2018 12:14 PM CST
Here Is the Shortlist for Person of the Year
At least in the eyes of Time magazine
will choose its Person of the Year on Tuesday, and a short list out Monday has the usual suspects, along with a few surprises. The person (or group) will be announced during the
program. Here are the 10 finalists:
Christine Blasey Ford
Oct 8, 2018 1:15 PM CDT
Trump: Kavanaugh Accusations a 'Hoax'
President says Democrats will pay for it in November
- Before Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed, President Trump belittled the accusations made by Christine Blasey Ford. On Monday, Trump went further, saying Kavanaugh was the victim of a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats, reports NBC News . What's more, he said Democrats would pay for that in the midterms. Trump made...
Connie Chung Reveals a
'Monster' Once Assaulted Her
Oct 4, 2018 6:49 AM CDT
Connie Chung Reveals a 'Monster' Once Assaulted Her
She writes that the family doctor who delivered her assaulted her when she was in college
- " Bravo, Christine , for telling the truth," concludes Connie Chung in an op-ed for the
. In the piece, the longtime journalist says she is "terrified" to do so, but shares her truth: that she was assaulted by her unnamed family doctor nearly five decades ago, a...
FBI's Kavanaugh Report Done,
and White House Is Confident
Oct 4, 2018 6:17 AM CDT
FBI's Kavanaugh Report Done, and White House Is Confident
Senators can read interviews about Kavanaugh Thursday, may vote on Saturday
- A big overnight development in the Brett Kavanaugh saga: The White House said it has received the FBI's new report about the Supreme Court nominee and sent it on to the Senate, reports the
. The move puts the Senate on track for a final confirmation vote as...
3 Key Senators Have Problem
With Trump's Ford Imitation
Oct 3, 2018 12:48 PM CDT
3 Key Senators Have Problem With Trump's Ford Imitation
Sens. Flake, Murkowski, and Collins respond
- Three senators on Wednesday publicly criticized President Trump's imitation of Christine Blasey Ford on Tuesday night, and they're senators who matter. GOP Sens. Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski, all "critical Republican swing votes," as CNN puts it, shared their reaction to Trump's account...
Prints 1983 Letter From
High School Kavanaugh
Oct 3, 2018 6:47 AM CDT
Prints 1983 Letter From High School Kavanaugh
He jokes about 'loud, obnoxious drunks'
New York Times
has unearthed an artifact from Brett Kavanaugh's youth: A letter preparing for "Beach Week" in the summer of 1983. In it, the 18-year-old Kavanaugh gives seven Georgetown Prep classmates details of a rented condo in Ocean City, Md.—and warns of the dangers...
Trump Mocks Kavanaugh
Accuser as Crowd Cheers
Oct 3, 2018 2:41 AM CDT
Trump Mocks Kavanaugh Accuser as Crowd Cheers
'These are really evil people,' he says
- When Christine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week, President Trump struck a respectful tone, saying he found her "very credible." That tone went out the window at a rally in Mississippi on Tuesday night, where the president mocked Ford's testimony in front of...
Kavanaugh Would Face
Ethical Issue on Bench
Oct 1, 2018 1:48 PM CDT
Kavanaugh Would Face Ethical Issue on Bench
Columnist argues he'd have to recuse himself from all cases with left-leaning participants
- The accusations leveled against Brett Kavanaugh by Christine Blasey Ford may come down to his word against hers, and the prosecutor who questioned them both before a Senate panel writes that Ford's case is weak even by those standards. In a memo to Republican senators, the sex-crimes prosecutor hired...
Blasey Ford Doesn't Like
One Aspect of New Inquiry
Sep 29, 2018 6:22 AM CDT
Blasey Ford Doesn't Like One Aspect of New Inquiry
She applauds FBI investigation into Kavanaugh but doesn't think it should have a time limit
- President Trump said he would go along with whatever Senate leaders wanted to do in regard to Brett Kavanaugh, and the president followed through Friday by ordering the FBI to launch a new investigation before a full Senate vote. "Just started, tonight, our 7th FBI investigation of Judge Brett...
Brains: Late Night
Takes on Ford
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Sep 28, 2018 7:56 AM CDT
Beer, Blackouts, Brains: Late Night Takes on Ford vs. Kavanaugh
Hosts take on the 'big showdown'
- President Trump praised his Supreme Court nominee Thursday evening, after both Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford had a chance to testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Late-night hosts had slightly different takes after the dust had settled on the day:
Trevor Noah addressed the "big showdown,
Fox Fires Contributor for
on Kavanaugh Hearing
Sep 28, 2018 6:48 AM CDT
Fox Fires Contributor for 'Reprehensible' Comments on Kavanaugh Hearing
He called accusers 'lying skanks'
- Fox News has fired a contributor for making some deeply unpleasant remarks about Christine Blasey Ford and other women during Thursday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. In one tweet , Kevin Jackson described Ford and two other women who accuse Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct as "lying skanks,"
American Bar Association
Calls for Delay on Kavanaugh
Sep 28, 2018 6:44 AM CDT
American Bar Association Calls for Delay on Kavanaugh
Confirmation will depend on 8 senators
- Republicans say they're going ahead with a Senate Judiciary Committee vote on Brett Kavanaugh on Friday—but the American Bar Association thinks they should wait. In a letter released late Thursday, the ABA, which previously declared the nominee "well-qualified" for the court, said the process should be halted...
GOP Is Going Ahead With
Friday Vote on Kavanaugh
Sep 28, 2018 1:33 AM CDT
GOP Is Going Ahead With Friday Vote on Kavanaugh
Jeff Flake says he's still making his mind up
- The future of Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination is unclear after Thursday's dramatic hearing —but Republicans still plan to hold a Senate Judiciary Committee vote on Friday. GOP Sen. John Cornyn said after a Thursday night meeting that the plan is to hold a vote Friday, paving...
Graham Calls Kavanaugh
Hearing 'Most Unethical Sham'
Sep 27, 2018 4:00 PM CDT
Graham Calls Kavanaugh Hearing 'Most Unethical Sham'
And asks judge if he's a gang rapist
- An angry Lindsey Graham unloaded on his Senate colleagues during the Christine Blasey Ford-Brett Kavanaugh hearing Thursday, declaring during the questioning phase of Kavanaugh's testimony, "This is the most unethical sham since I've been in politics" and later telling his Republican colleagues that anyone who votes against...
Process Is Now
Sep 27, 2018 3:47 PM CDT
Kavanaugh: Confirmation Process Is Now 'National Disgrace'
His testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee has begun
- Christine Blasey Ford is done testifying , and now Brett Kavanaugh has begun his testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The Supreme Court nominee, speaking in what CNN refers to as a "stern, aggressive tone," once again denied Ford's allegation that he sexually assaulted her in...
Blasey Ford Emerges
Sep 27, 2018 2:49 PM CDT
Blasey Ford Emerges as 'Everywoman'
But Kavanaugh backers note that no new evidence emerged
- For Christine Blasey Ford, the moment in the Senate spotlight she had dreaded is over. As Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was following her with testimony of his own before the judiciary panel, the early assessments on Ford were rolling in:
Peter Baker at the
New York Times
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Howard Stern Selects His Presidential Running Mate
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
In Clarence Thomas Opinion, Line About COVID Vaccine, Cells From 'Aborted Children'
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.