Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Lawsuit: Jail Abuse Included
Hours of 'Baby Shark'
Nov 5, 2021 4:37 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Jail Abuse Included Hours of 'Baby Shark'
Three Oklahoma County employees left after investigation
- Former detainees in Oklahoma City have accused jail officers of "torture tactics" that subjected the inmates to physical and verbal abuse—including being forced to stand for hours while "Baby Shark" was blasted at them. The federal civil rights suit names Oklahoma County Sheriff Tommie Johnson III, county...
These Baby Sharks Were
Anything but Cute
Jan 11, 2021 9:55 AM CST
These Baby Sharks Were Anything but Cute
Megalodons were born more than 6 feet long, and they were cannibals
- You'd need a whole new song to describe these baby sharks, and it wouldn't be cute. Scientists studying long-extinct megalodons estimate they were born 6.5 feet long, reports the
. And one reason they emerged so large was that they likely snacked on their unhatched siblings while...
This Is Now the Most-Watched
Video on YouTube
Nov 2, 2020 9:40 AM CST
This Is Now the Most-Watched Video on YouTube
With 7.04B views, 'Baby Shark' has officially beat out 'Despacito'
- You had a good run, "Despacito." The 2017 music video by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee had been ruling the YouTube roost as the most-viewed video ever on the video-sharing platform, with 7,038,120,000 or so views as of Monday morning. Now, per the
Prosecutor: Inmates Were
Forced to Listen to 'Baby Shark'
Oct 6, 2020 1:15 PM CDT
Prosecutor: Inmates Were Forced to Listen to 'Baby Shark'
3 former employees have been charged
- Two former Oklahoma jail employees and their supervisor face misdemeanor cruelty charges after investigators found they forced inmates to stand handcuffed for hours and listen to the children's song “Baby Shark" on repeat, a prosecutor said Monday. At least four inmates were secured to a wall with their...
Tired of 'Baby Shark'?
Beware This World Series
Oct 21, 2019 8:46 AM CDT
Tired of 'Baby Shark'? Beware This World Series
You'll be hearing it, courtesy of Washington Nationals fans
- The World Series begins Tuesday night between the Washington Nationals and the Houston Astros, and this year's previews include a strange explainer: why the song "Baby Shark" is such a hit with Nationals fans. As the
reports, it began in low-key fashion in June when Nats...
Not Surprisingly, a 'Baby Shark'
TV Series Is in the Works
Jun 6, 2019 2:13 PM CDT
Not Surprisingly, a 'Baby Shark' TV Series Is in the Works
Viral preschool hit is apparently not going anywhere
- Just when you thought we'd reached Peak Baby Shark, Nickelodeon has come up with yet another way to make sure you're never able to get the song out of your head. The network is developing an animated series based on the tune, though there's no word yet...
Popular on Newser
A Game for the Ages Sparks Call for Rule Change
Palin Tests Positive for COVID, NYT Trial Delayed
After Another Attack, a New Subway Warning
Virginia's New Republican Governor Making Waves
A.I. Has Changed Poker, and Maybe Killed Its 'Soul'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.