Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Black Teen Was Alive When
Covered by Blanket: Girlfriend
Oct 28, 2020 10:05 AM CDT
Black Teen Was Alive When Covered by Blanket: Girlfriend
Tafara Williams disputes police account of Oct. 20 shooting
- The Illinois woman shot by police alongside Marcellis Stinnette says her boyfriend was still breathing when officers covered him with a blanket. Tafara Williams—who, like Stinnette, is Black—spoke Tuesday from a hospital, where she's said to be recovering from gunshot wounds to her stomach and hand, per...
Cop Who Shot Into Car,
Killing Black Teen, Fired
Oct 26, 2020 12:48 AM CDT
Cop Who Shot Into Car, Killing Black Teen, Fired
Marcellis Stinnette case is being investigated by Illinois State Police
- The Illinois police officer who fatally shot Black teen Marcellis Stinnette last week has been fired. The unidentified Hispanic officer, who has been with the force for five years, was terminated Friday "for multiple policy and procedure violations," the Waukegan Police Department says, per
. No new...
Cops: Fatal Shooting
Girlfriend: It Was 'for Nothing'
Oct 23, 2020 2:02 PM CDT
Cops: Fatal Shooting Was Self-Defense. Girlfriend: It Was 'for Nothing'
19-year-old Marcellis Stinnette shot dead in Waukegan, Ill., after confrontation with cops
- A police shooting in an Illinois city this week has left a Black teen dead and his girlfriend hospitalized, with protesters and family members demanding that the feds get to the bottom of what happened. Per CBS News , police in Waukegan say that 19-year-old Marcellis Stinnette was the passenger in...
Popular on Newser
Kidnapped California Family Found Dead
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope, US Tourist Smashes Ancient Statues
Source Explains Why Kanye West Wore 'White Lives Matter' Shirt
Dozens Dead in Attack on Day Care Center in Thailand
He Slaughtered 6 Relatives, Including His 2 Young Cousins
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.