Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Black Teen Was Alive When Covered by Blanket: Girlfriend
Tafara Williams disputes police account of Oct. 20 shooting
- The Illinois woman shot by police alongside Marcellis Stinnette says her boyfriend was still breathing when officers covered him with a blanket. Tafara Williams—who, like Stinnette, is Black—spoke Tuesday from a hospital, where she's said to be recovering from gunshot wounds to her stomach and hand, per...
Cop Who Shot Into Car, Killing Black Teen, Fired
Marcellis Stinnette case is being investigated by Illinois State Police
- The Illinois police officer who fatally shot Black teen Marcellis Stinnette last week has been fired. The unidentified Hispanic officer, who has been with the force for five years, was terminated Friday "for multiple policy and procedure violations," the Waukegan Police Department says, per
. No new...
Cops: Fatal Shooting Was Self-Defense. Girlfriend: It Was 'for Nothing'
19-year-old Marcellis Stinnette shot dead in Waukegan, Ill., after confrontation with cops
- A police shooting in an Illinois city this week has left a Black teen dead and his girlfriend hospitalized, with protesters and family members demanding that the feds get to the bottom of what happened. Per CBS News , police in Waukegan say that 19-year-old Marcellis Stinnette was the passenger in...
Popular on Newser
Markle Makes Devastating Reveal, Finds 'Path to Healing'
Congratulations, Trump Says, but Not to Biden
Secret NYC Wedding Was Attended by Thousands
2 Weeks in Quarantine? That May Be Changing
'80s Star Explains Support of Kyle Rittenhouse
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.