Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
GOP Presidential Field Shrinks
as Larry Elder Withdraws
Oct 26, 2023 6:30 PM CDT
GOP Presidential Field Shrinks as Larry Elder Withdraws
Talk show host endorses Trump
- A Republican presidential candidate and talk radio host has ended his campaign. Larry Elder said Thursday that he's throwing his support to Donald Trump, the AP reports. It's not clear how much weight Elder's endorsement will carry; he didn't qualify to participate in either GOP debate....
Fox News Bars Trump Team
From Post-Debate Coverage
Aug 22, 2023 12:41 PM CDT
Fox News Bars Trump Team From Post-Debate Coverage
Eight GOP candidates will be on the stage Wednesday night in Milwaukee
- Nine candidates may have the numbers to officially qualify for the first Republican debate Wednesday night, but only eight will be on the stage. Coverage:
Candidates on stage will Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Vivek Ramaswamy, Doug Burgum, and Asa Hutchinson, reports the
Radio Host May Seek Top Job
Sep 19, 2022 6:35 PM CDT
Radio Host May Seek Top Job
Larry Elder, now off the air, says he doesn't feel like he'd be running against Trump
- Larry Elder, longtime host of a syndicated radio talk show and one-time candidate for California governor, said he's thinking about running for the GOP nomination for president—no matter who else does. "I'm not running against anybody on the Republican side," Elder told the
Among Recall Reactions:
'Let's Not Do This Again'
Sep 15, 2021 7:15 PM CDT
Among Recall Reactions: 'Let's Not Do This Again'
Newsom's big victory gives both parties plenty to chew over
- Both parties looked for lessons Wednesday in California Gov. Gavin Newsom's resounding victory over an attempt to toss him out of office. In the aftermath, one of the biggest questions the recall election has posed is: Why? Because of a California law that is all its own, a small...
Poll: Voters Have Turned
Sep 11, 2021 12:30 PM CDT
Poll: Voters Have Turned Toward Newsom
The emergence of a leading opponent has helped governor's recall fight
- Campaign appearances by Democratic stars, as well as an intensified focus on the contrast in the two parties' values, has lifted California Gov. Gavin Newsom into a comfortable lead against the effort to recall him from office. A poll released Friday found that 60.1% of likely voters oppose the...
Recall Poll: Newsom
Nearing Landslide Territory
Sep 3, 2021 2:05 PM CDT
Recall Poll: Newsom Nearing Landslide Territory
After slipping over the summer, governor has extended his lead over the "yes" recall vote
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom can almost exhale. Polls last month showed "no" leading "yes" by 5 percentage points or less in the recall campaign he faces; the ballot asks an up-or-down question on whether Newsom should be recalled. If voters choose "yes," they move on to...
In California Recall,
a Late 'Curveball'
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
In California Recall, a Late 'Curveball'
Rise of controversial radio host Larry Elder has some Republicans worried
- The recall election for California Gov. Gavin Newsom is Sept. 14—though mail ballots already are being cast—and the contest remains tight in the polls. It's so close that any one of a number of factors could decide it, and the recent surge of conservative radio host Larry...
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.