Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Gay Icon Marlon Bundo,
Mike Pence's Bunny, Has Died
Jan 17, 2022 1:40 PM CST
Gay Icon Marlon Bundo, Mike Pence's Bunny, Has Died
John Oliver released a book about a 'very special boy bunny'
- One of the most famous rabbits in American political history has died, almost four years after he featured in two very different books. In 2018, Marlon Bundo was the main character in "
Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President
" and other children's books...
47 Rabbits in
May 14, 2021 8:06 AM CDT
Woman Had 47 Rabbits in Hotel Room
She started out last year with 3, rescue workers say
- Early last year, a woman living in a long-stay hotel in a Chicago suburb had three rabbits, one neutered and an unneutered male and female, animal rescue workers say. What happened next was entirely predictable. Some 47 rabbits, some of them pregnant, were removed from the room after the woman...
Reward Offered in Theft
of World's Longest Rabbit
Apr 13, 2021 9:20 AM CDT
Reward Offered in Theft of World's Longest Rabbit
Darius, a continental giant rabbit, was stolen in England over the weekend
- Darius the continental giant rabbit has the Guinness World Record for being the longest living rabbit in the world, at more than 4 feet long. He also apparently has some admirers. The massive rabbit was reportedly stolen from his owners' yard in Worcestershire, England, on Saturday. "We are appealing...
A Deadly Rabbit
Disease Is Spreading
Dec 14, 2020 10:25 AM CST
A Deadly Rabbit Disease Is Spreading
It's mostly in the western US, but isolated case turns up among domesticated rabbits in NYC
- The year 2020 has been a rough one not just for humans but for rabbits, with the appearance of a deadly and highly contagious disease in North America. Now it appears that the spread of rabbit hemorrhagic disease is getting worse here. Last week, wildlife officials in Utah announced that...
in case you missed it
May 23, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Rabbits Dropping Dead From 'Extraordinarily Sturdy' Disease
Strain of rabbit hemorrhagic disease is killing bunnies off in western North America
- As humanity contends with the coronavirus, rabbits have a disease of their own to worry about. Earlier this month, California's Department of Fish and Wildlife confirmed a "highly contagious and lethal" sickness in its wild rabbit population—and that's not the only state that's getting hit....
100 Dead Rabbits and
a 'Village Gripped by Fear'
Oct 27, 2018 7:00 AM CDT
100 Dead Rabbits and a 'Village Gripped by Fear'
Who's killing the bunnies in Minihy-Treguier?
- A French town is being terrorized by a serial killer—but humans aren't the target. The
reports that someone in the village of Minihy-Treguier has so far slaughtered more than 100 rabbits, slipping into residents' yards, yanking rabbits out of their hutches, and either stomping them to death...
27 Rabbits Abandoned at
May 28, 2018 3:00 PM CDT
27 Rabbits Abandoned at Train Station
Officials in Long Island are eager to know who did this
- Officials in Long Island, New York are offering a reward for information leading to the person or people responsible for dumping 27 rabbits by a Suffolk County train station, per the AP. The Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says it was notified on Sunday that...
You Can Buy
Bunny Book. Or
You Can Buy
Mar 19, 2018 11:30 AM CDT
You Can Buy Mike Pence's Bunny Book. Or You Can Buy John Oliver's
'Last Week Tonight' is trolling the VP, for a couple of good causes
- John Oliver did a segment on Mike Pence during Sunday's episode of
Last Week Tonight
, focusing mostly on all the positions the vice president holds that Oliver finds distasteful—among them his opposition to women in the military, abortion rights, and LGBT rights. But Oliver promised Pence supporters he'...
Help After Cops
Find 286 Rabbits
at One Home
Mar 19, 2018 10:30 AM CDT
SPCA Needs Help After Cops Find 286 Rabbits at One Home
That's 284 over the city limit in Sacramento
- A Sacramento animal shelter is seeking supplies and cash donations to care for nearly 300 rabbits taken from a single property. FOX40 reports the bunnies are of varying ages and not available for adoption, at least not yet, because they're part of an investigation. Folsom Police Department Det. Donald...
of Las Vegas?
Feb 21, 2018 10:03 AM CST
Who Poisoned the Bunnies of Las Vegas?
Dozens are dead, and volunteers are angry at the state
- Volunteers who showed up at a state mental health facility in Las Vegas over the weekend to help care for wild rabbits that roam the grounds came across a disturbing sight: about 50 dead rabbits, reports the A P. The volunteers also found vegetables they suspect were coated in antifreeze,...
Against an Inferno,
Man Rescues the
Dec 7, 2017 10:35 AM CST
Against an Inferno, Man Rescues the Smallest Creature
Wild rabbit saved
- Whether you consider it brave or foolish, it's tough not to consider it incredible. NBC News has video of a driver who pulled over on California's Highway 1 near La Conchita to save a wild rabbit from the blazing wildfire that's painting the backdrop orange. As the...
Wild Rabbits Surf on Sheep
to Flee New Zealand Flood
Jul 26, 2017 4:32 PM CDT
Wild Rabbits Surf on Sheep to Flee New Zealand Flood
'The rabbits had a jolly good try at staying on'
- It was a woolly ride, but three wild rabbits managed to escape rising floodwaters in New Zealand by clambering aboard sheep and surfing to safety on their backs, the AP reports. Ferg Horne, 64, says he's been farming since he left school at age 15 and has never seen...
Your Pet Is Fleecing You
in case you missed it
May 6, 2017 1:34 PM CDT
Your Pet Is Fleecing You
Survey finds that we grossly underestimate the tens of thousands our pets cost us
- You might want to drop man's best friend a bill: It turns out that not only is your dog chewing holes in your socks, he's eating a hole in your wallet—a much bigger one than you think, reports CNBC . According to a survey of pet owners by...
Suspiciously Playful Bunny
Is Pot Grower's Undoing
Aug 12, 2016 7:41 AM CDT
Suspiciously Playful Bunny Is Pot Grower's Undoing
Pinpon unwittingly led authorities straight to the marijuana plants
- One girl's pet bunny in Huaura, Peru, apparently had a hard time playing it cool when he stumbled onto a secret marijuana stash in a neighboring home; he seemed suspiciously frisky every time he returned from his recurring escape. So she took it upon herself to follow her little...
Getting a Remake
Apr 28, 2016 1:13 PM CDT
'Traumatizing' Rabbit Classic Getting a Remake
Ben Kingsley, John Boyega to star in 'Watership Down'
- Ben Kingsley has played Gandhi, Sweeney Todd, and now … a rabbit? The esteemed English actor will team up with John Boyega (Finn in
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
) to star in an animated remake of what Indiewire calls "everyone's favorite traumatizing book for children": Richard Adams' 1972...
US Cases of
Dec 4, 2015 10:20 AM CST
US Cases of Dangerous 'Rabbit Fever' Are Spiking
It's spread to people through contact with infected animals, ticks
- A disease thought to have the potential for use in biological warfare is on the rise in the US. The CDC warns that the rare bacterial disease "rabbit fever," or tularemia—spread by ticks and rabbits—has turned up in 100 people across four states as of Sept....
Washington Town's Woe:
Bunnies and Their Feces
Sep 18, 2015 8:45 AM CDT
Washington Town's Woe: Bunnies and Their Feces
Hundreds of rabbits are wreaking havoc on this island hamlet
- Apparently the rabbits on Washington state's Whidbey Island are going at it like, well, rabbits. The population in the town of Langley, home to barely more than 1,000 humans, is now numbering into the hundreds, reports NBC News , with residents saying "we've never seen it like...
Loses It During
Aug 11, 2015 9:54 AM CDT
News Anchor Loses It During Kardashian Segment
"This family, I'm sick of this family!": Florida's John Brown
- It can be mentally and emotionally draining being a news anchor. It surely must take a toll on your soul to report day in and day out on the complexities of ISIS, the Iran nuclear deal—and, for one Florida newscaster, the Kardashians. Viewers witnessed John Brown's distress over...
Radio DJ Kills
Live on Air
May 26, 2015 4:11 PM CDT
Radio DJ Kills Bunny With Bicycle Pump Live on Air
To provoke debate about 'hypocrisy' of animal welfare debate
- A Danish radio DJ chose a controversial way of drawing attention to what he sees as the flawed debate over animal welfare: He hit a 9-week-old rabbit named Allan three times with an iron bicycle pump while on the air Monday, then wrung its neck. Later, Asger Juhl of Radio24syv...
DEA Agent Warns Utah
of Pot-Crazed Rabbits
Mar 3, 2015 6:00 AM CST
DEA Agent Warns Utah of Pot-Crazed Rabbits
He argues against legalization of medical pot
- People who advocate legalizing medical marijuana in Utah clearly haven't given much thought to the risk of pot-crazed rabbits running wild, a DEA agent testified last week. Special Agent Matt Fairbanks told a state Senate hearing about how in the course of his marijuana eradication work, he had encountered...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
Offer From Germany Leaves Mayor in Ukraine 'Speechless'
In Quest for Selfie, Hiker Instead Meets a Tragic Fate
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul, but These Americans Just Did
Mayor's Brother Sees Salary Cut From $210K to $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.