A week after releasing its Senate Wingnut Index, the Daily Beast investigates wingnuttery in the House. Using a “semi-scientific” process to identify the most extreme members on both sides of the spectrum, the site ranks them:
- Michele Bachmann (R-MN): From calling the president “anti-American” to warning of tyranny, “Bachmann has become a symbol of all things Wingnutty in American politics.”
- Steve King (R-IA): Told nation that were Obama elected, “the al-Qaeda, the radical Islamists, will declare victory in this war on terror.”
- Louie Gohmert (R-TX): Co-sponsored Birther bill and warned that “socialist health care is going to absolutely kill senior citizens.”
- Alan Grayson (D-FL): Labeled his opponent “Taliban Dan” and called Republicans “the enemy of America.”
- Paul Broun (R-GA): Compared Obama to Hitler days after the election.
for Nos. 6 through 25.
(Read more Michele Bachmann