X

Methadone Stashed in Medicine Bottle Kills Boy, 6

Dad gave dose to son, not realizing DayQuil had been replaced
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 3, 2012 12:40 AM CST
Updated Feb 3, 2012 1:00 AM CST
Methadone Stashed in Medicine Bottle Kills Boy, 6
Dad was trying to be helpful.   (?anokarina)

(Newser) – A 6-year-old Bronx boy has died after ingesting methadone stashed by his mom in a medicine bottle. The boy's father gave him a dose of what he thought was DayQuil to help relieve cold systems. He had no idea his wife had stored her methadone in the bottle, police said. The boy collapsed and was rushed to a local hospital where he later died. Mom Raquel DeLeon has been charged with reckless endangerment, reports the New York Daily News. (Read more DayQuil stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X