The blogosphere is abuzz today over a series of tweets former Senator Scott Brown posted, then quickly deleted, in the wee hours today. The consensus? We may never know for sure, but Brown certainly sounded like he was drunk tweeting, considering the appearance of the word, "Bqhatevwr." The Boston Globe captured the tweets before they were deleted; most were posted within just a two-minute window, and many were apparently aimed at people who had attacked him in some way:
- "Your brilliant Matt"
- "@Erudite_Enigma whatever michael"
- "@BudParsons whatever bud"
- "@mattinsmrvlle whatever."
Not surprisingly, "Bqhatevwr" ended up trending on Twitter. BostInno, HyperVocal, and the Daily Kos round up some of the best responses:
- From State Representative Aaron Michlewitz: "Should I file legislation that restricts tweeting while drinking?? #Bqhatevwr"
- From Andy Cobb: "#Bqhatevwr is trending. Go home, Twitter. You're drunk."
- From @AngryBlackLady: "Sarah Palin can see #Bqhatevwr from her house."
- From Lee Harvey: "#Bqhatevwr is the 3rd government agency that Rick Perry couldn't remember."
- From @jerrigirl: "If it’s a legitimate #Bqhatevwr, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down"
claims that "a source within the Senator's inner circle" confirmed it was, in fact, Brown doing the tweeting. (Read more Scott Brown