Next time you try breaking up with someone on an airplane, consider who might be sitting nearby—and tweeting. A New Yorker on Sunday live-tweeted what she described as a sobbing, bitter, 90-minute breakup argument just a few seats over from her on a delayed flight, the New York Post reports. "This guy on the plane just broke up w his girlfriend and she’s SOBBING," posted Kelly Keegs along with a photo of the guy and a blonde woman covering her face. It continued 10 minutes later, with highlights of Keegs' tweets from Mediaite:
- Girl: Great. JUST GREAT. I’m so glad I paid 40 extra dollars to be on this f--king flight with you
- Guy: I don’t care. Girl: IM GLAD YOU DONT CARE
- "Is that what you’re starting to do with me? Just slow fade me OUT? Just like the others?"
- "I’m going to ask Charlotte. I’m going to ask her the minute we get home and we’ll see if your STORIES MATCH" (Omg scandal who’s Charlotte?)
- What the f--k? Now they’re making out. I’m not kidding
- We took off, they immediately ordered SIX vodkas and Bloody Mary mix for the 50 minute flight and chugged them in silence between makeouts
In an apparent email to Barstool Sports, Keegs writes that "the two were SO drunk, came on the plane and I just thought they were loud and annoying at first but then she SHRIEKED and started crying. ... Cut to me tweeting everything, them being SO oblivious to everyone talking shit around them and the guy spilling the worlds biggest bloody mary on his khakis. ... All in all, eventful flight!" As Mediate puts it, "The Internet truly is beautiful thing. Also terrifying if you’re on the other end of it." (Read more Twitter stories.)