A song with just one purpose and a 7-year-old who's doing his part to save the planet make this week's list of inspiring stories:
- This Song Has One Goal: Make Babies Happy: Have a fussy baby? Researchers believe they have the solution: a simple lullaby specifically designed to make babies happy. Though it's a simple tune, the process behind "The Happy Song" was actually quite complicated—and the song is the result of plenty of research into infant musical tastes.
- When Car Salesmen Don't Lie: Oldsmobile Ad Goes Viral: Car buyers who fear getting fooled into purchasing a lemon, take solace: There is at least one honest car salesman out there. An ad posted on Facebook Wednesday for a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero has gone viral, and the first line gives a taste as to why: "Nothing special or pretty about this car." The rest of the ad is a must-read.
- Cop Sent to Bust Up Fight Busts a Move Instead: Attention all units, officer (getting) down. Constable Jarrod Singh of Toronto's Durham Regional Police Service was called to the scene of an apparent fight Sunday night. It turns out the group were members of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology's dance troupe and were filming a music video. The dancers thought they were about to be shut down when Singh showed up.
- How a 7-Year-Old Is Saving the Planet— and Saving for College: A 7-year-old boy in California already has $10,000 saved for college—and not a penny of it came from his parents. Ryan Hickman got "hooked" on recycling at age 3 after a visit to a recycling center. "He really loved the actual act of putting all the cans and bottles into the machine and getting the money for it," his father says. But his hobby got much, much bigger.
- Firefighter Delivers Baby, Then Adopts Her: After their second child, Marc Hadden and his wife were left unable to have a third due to medical complications, and the adoption process was too expensive. Then a 911 call in 2011 changed everything. Hadden's station received an emergency call about a woman with stomach pains. He arrived to find the woman going into labor and ended up delivering her baby in the back of an ambulance. What happened next could never have been predicted.
Click for more uplifting stories
. (Read more uplifting news