Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie are out with the sequel to their first book, Let Trump Be Trump, and in it they allege that the 45th president of the United States is under constant siege from within by "embedded enemies" in various parts of government who "attack the administration with a thousand cuts ... in complete disregard to the millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump. There are far too many people in the deep reaches of the federal government who harbor as deep a hatred of Trump as does anyone from the Clinton/Obama cabal." Other highlights from Trump's Enemies: How the Deep State Is Undermining the Presidency, via the Washington Post:
- From Trump himself on his greatest enemy: "The greatest enemy of this country is Fake News. I really mean it. I think that one of the most important things that I’ve done, especially for the public, is explain that a lot of the news is indeed fake."
- The November Ninth Club: Establishment Republicans like Sean Spicer or Joe Hagin who didn't fully embrace Trump until the day after his election.
- Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen: Both are called a "rat."
- On Democratic suspicions of Russian collusion: "A sweeping work of fiction so complex, so audacious, so unbelievable that if they gave out awards for bad excuses, the Democrats would win an Oscar, an Emmy, and maybe even the Heisman Trophy."
- The book's tone, per the Post: "The narrative reads in part like Trump’s Twitter grievances in book form."
(Read more Corey Lewandowski