The list of nominees for the 26th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, which air Jan. 19 on TNT and TBS, was revealed Wednesday. USA Today points out some of the most notable snubs, among them, Eddie Murphy for Dolemite Is My Name (he did get a Golden Globe nom), Robert DeNiro for The Irishman (though he will be handed the Lifetime Achievement Award, his co-stars from the flick are in the running; see below), and the films Little Women, Knives Out, and Richard Jewell. Here's who is in the running, per the AP. For movies:
- Actor: Christian Bale, Ford v Ferrari; Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood; Adam Driver, Marriage Story; Taron Egerton, Rocketman; Joaquin Phoenix, Joker.
- Actress: Cynthia Erivo, Harriet; Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story; Lupita Nyong’o, Us; Charlize Theron, Bombshell; Renee Zellweger, Judy.
- Supporting actor: Jamie Foxx, Just Mercy; Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood; Al Pacino, The Irishman; Joe Pesci, The Irishman; Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood.
- Supporting actress: Laura Dern, Marriage Story; Scarlett Johansson, Jojo Rabbit; Nicole Kidman, Bombshell; Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers; Margot Robbie, Bombshell.
- Cast: Bombshell, The Irishman, Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood, Parasite.