Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
6 Americans Dead After
Black Hawk Crashes in Egypt
Nov 12, 2020 11:05 AM CST
6 Americans Dead After Black Hawk Crashes in Egypt
Helicopter went down during routine peacekeeping mission near the Red Sea: MFO
- Eight peacekeepers, including six Americans, were killed in a helicopter crash during a routine mission in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, the international force that monitors the Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement said Thursday. A ninth peacekeeper, also American, was badly injured, per the AP . The Multinational Force and Observers said a French...
Search Goes on
in Black Hawk Crash
Mar 12, 2015 6:17 AM CDT
'Always Hope': Search Goes on in Black Hawk Crash
Some remains recovered; military searches for those presumed lost
- All 11 soldiers and Marines on board a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter that crashed in heavy fog off the Florida Panhandle Tuesday night are presumed lost, but officials stress that they are still engaged in a search-and-rescue mission that will go on for as long as necessary. There were definitely...
Human Remains Found in
Black Hawk Crash Off Florida
Mar 11, 2015 7:57 AM CDT
Human Remains Found in Black Hawk Crash Off Florida
7 Marines, 4 National Guard soldiers presumed dead
- Eleven military personnel are missing after an Army helicopter crashed last night during a training exercise in the Florida Panhandle, and an anonymous official tells the AP they are presumed dead. "We have found some human remains," Eglin Air Force Base spokesman Andy Bourland tells NBC News . Seven...
6 Americans Dead in
Afghan Helicopter Crash
Dec 17, 2013 1:42 PM CST
6 Americans Dead in Afghan Helicopter Crash
1 survivor as Black Hawk goes down in Zabul province
- Six US service members were killed today when a helicopter crashed in southern Afghanistan, US and NATO officials said. One person on board the Black Hawk UH-60 was injured and survived, two US defense officials said. The aircraft was an Army helicopter from an Army unit, but officials have not...
Big Winner in
Jul 2, 2013 10:19 AM CDT
Big Winner in Immigration Plan: Defense Firms
Calls for specific equipment could bring companies tens of millions
- The defense industry must be loving the Senate's highly particular new Mexican border security plan. Under the legislation, the Border Patrol needs to purchase six Northrop Grumman airborne radar systems—each at $9.3 million; 15 Sikorsky Black Hawk helicopters, which go for about $17 million; eight American Eurocopter...
US Arms Sales
Hog 75% of
Aug 27, 2012 2:18 PM CDT
US Arms Sales Hog 75% of Global Market
Washington's overseas sales tripled last year
- America's weapon sales abroad last year skyrocketed to $66.3 billion, triple the 2010 figure of $21.4 billion, according to a nonpartisan report. US sales accounted for more than three-quarters of the $85.3 billion market and marked a record high for sales in a year, blowing away...
Killed in Afghan
Aug 16, 2012 8:38 AM CDT
7 Americans Killed in Afghan Copter Crash
Taliban claims responsibility
- The Taliban is taking credit for a NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan that killed seven Americans today. A rep for the group says it shot down the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter in Kandahar province this morning. Three members of Afghanistan's security forces also died in the crash, along with a...
4 Americans Feared Dead
in Afghan Chopper Crash
Apr 19, 2012 3:29 PM CDT
4 Americans Feared Dead in Afghan Chopper Crash
Black Hawk goes down in the south
- A US Black Hawk helicopter crashed in southern Afghanistan today, and four Americans aboard are feared dead, reports CNN . The crash occurred during bad weather, though it's too early to rule out enemy fire as a cause, says a defense official. Only the four Americans were on the Army...
How the bin Laden Raid
Almost Went Horribly Wrong
May 17, 2011 10:28 AM CDT
How the bin Laden Raid Almost Went Horribly Wrong
Officials give AP a detailed recounting of what really happened
- SEAL Team 6 had an elaborate plan for the Osama bin Laden raid—and it evaporated pretty much immediately. The plan had called for a pincher attack, with one team of SEALs entering the house from the roof, and another from the courtyard, sources tell the AP in an exclusive...
Helicopter Goes Down, Killing 14
Aug 22, 2007 5:56 AM CDT
Helicopter Goes Down, Killing 14
Black Hawk crashes north of Baghdad, killing 14
- An American helicopter crashed in northern Iraq today, killing all 14 soldiers aboard, reports CNN. The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter was one of two performing a night operation when it went down in the area around Tikrit, north of Baghdad, the US military said in a statement.
Popular on Newser
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
After Father's 14-Year Search, Abducted Boy Is Found
'For 45 Years, We've Looked for This Young Man and This Car'
Scott Peterson Resentenced to Life Without Parole
Study Finds 'All Our Efforts' on Vaccines Not 'Trash' After All
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.