Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
'I Love You, Man':
Jul 14, 2019 2:59 PM CDT
'I Love You, Man': McCartney Plays With Ex-Beatle
'We've got a surprise for us,' says Paul McCartney
- The Beatles had 50% of a reunion Saturday night in Los Angeles when an unexpected guest showed up at Paul McCartney's tour stop,
reports. "We've got a surprise for us, a surprise for you, a surprise for everyone: Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only,...
What Critics Are Saying
Jun 28, 2019 11:05 AM CDT
What Critics Are Saying About
It's decent, but they fault its 'cheap gags' and 'romantic apex'
- Hit by a bus during a worldwide blackout, a struggling singer-songwriter awakes to a world in which the Beatles never existed and so steals the band’s material for his own. That’s the premise of
, which has audiences dancing. They give the film a 91% rating on Rotten...
New Play Credits
Overlooked Beatles Influence
Jun 16, 2019 11:34 AM CDT
New Play Credits Overlooked Beatles Influence
Author credits stabilizing effect, creativity of John's first wife
- If Beatles fans blame Yoko Ono for the Beatles' breakup, maybe they should credit John Lennon's first wife for the Fab Four staying together as long as they did.
, a play about Cynthia Lennon, her husband, and his band, will premiere this summer in Liverpool, hometown of...
Charity's 'Hidden Treasure':
Slightly Warped Beatles' Demo
Mar 13, 2019 8:31 AM CDT
Charity's 'Hidden Treasure': Slightly Warped Beatles' Demo
Auction of 'Love Me Do' demo from 1962 closes Wednesday
- In 1962, 250 demos of the Beatles' debut single were sent to radio stations. Nearly 60 years and 600 million album sales later, one of those turned up at a charity store operated by the British Heart Foundation, which will bring in at least $7,400 from its sale. "...
Stolen Magazine With the
Beatles Back After 50 Years
Mar 2, 2019 3:45 PM CST
Stolen Magazine With the Beatles Back After 50 Years
The Ohio public library gets a nice surprise
- An Ohio library says a 1968 copy of
magazine with the Beatles on the cover has been returned by a borrower who apologized for stealing it as a "kid" and sent $100 to cover late fees, the AP reports. The Cuyahoga County Public Library says it received the...
Whisky Comes at a Price
Feb 26, 2019 9:50 AM CST
'Inconceivably Smooth' Whisky Comes at a Price
Bottle of Macallan 1926 expected to fetch up to $923K at auction
- Only 40 bottles of Macallan 1926 whisky were produced in 1986. Of those, 12 featured a label designed by Sir Peter Blake, one of the artists who created the cover art for The Beatles' 1967 album
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
, per Vox
The ultra-rare bottle could now...
Beatles Came to Japan Once.
The Footage Remains Sealed
Oct 31, 2018 10:50 AM CDT
Beatles Came to Japan Once. The Footage Remains Sealed
Fans had wanted video of historic 1966 Beatles visit released uncensored
- Some Beatles superfans are likely not feeling fine after a decision by Japan's Supreme Court regarding 50-year-old footage of the Fab Four from when they visited the Land of the Rising Sun. AFP reports that Beatles buffs from Nagoya had tried to get their hands on a 35-minute reel...
Drake Just Broke an
Old Beatles Record
Oct 23, 2018 10:25 AM CDT
Drake Just Broke an Old Beatles Record
He notches his 12th top-10 hit of the year
- Drake is averaging more than one top-10 hit per month in 2018, and his remarkable roll just allowed him to surpass a long-standing milestone of the Beatles. Drake just notched his 12th top 10 in a single year, beating the 11 put up by the Beatles in 1964, reports
I Got High,
Sep 2, 2018 7:33 AM CDT
Paul McCartney: I Got High, 'Saw God'
'That moment didn’t turn my life around, but it was a clue'
- Former Beatle Paul McCartney believes he once saw God during a psychedelic trip. The 76-year-old star told the
(paywall) that he was "humbled" by the experience. He said that "it was huge. A massive wall that I couldn't see the top of, and I was...
Mar 24, 2018 3:00 PM CDT
Unseen Beatles Photos Fetch Big Price at Auction
Over 350 unseen photos sold for nearly $358K
- The Beatles still have it. The
reports that over 350 never-before-seen photos of the band have sold for a whopping $357,936 (give or take a few dollars in the exchange rate) at auction in the UK. The photos were taken by 18-year-old Mike Mitchell in 1964 during The...
Title: 'Sir Ringo'
Dec 30, 2017 6:29 AM CST
Ex-Beatle's New Title: 'Sir Ringo'
Ringo Starr, Bee Gee Barry Gibb to be knighted by the queen
- A Beatle and a Bee Gee are among the celebrated citizens who've been selected for knighthood and other awards given in the name of Britain's monarch. Britain's Cabinet Office publishes a list of people receiving honors for merit, service, or bravery twice a year: just before New...
Stolen Trove of
John Lennon Items
Found at Auction House
Nov 23, 2017 3:24 AM CST
Stolen Trove of John Lennon Items Found at Auction House
Yoko Ono's former driver is a suspect
- Yoko Ono is going to be reunited with a trove of John Lennon memorabilia that apparently took a long and winding road after being stolen from her New York home in 2006. Police in Germany say they have recovered more than 100 items, including diaries, glasses, and sheet music, many...
Paul McCartney Wants
His Beatles Songs Back
Jan 19, 2017 12:29 AM CST
Paul McCartney Wants His Beatles Songs Back
He wants rights returned to him by next year
- Sony currently holds the copyright to part of the Beatles catalog, including such hits as "Love Me Do" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand"—but Paul McCartney is suing to get the songs back. Per TMZ , the songs in question are the ones Michael Jackson once...
John Lennon's Angry Letter to
Paul McCartney Up for Auction
Nov 14, 2016 6:14 PM CST
John Lennon's Angry Letter to Paul McCartney Up for Auction
Circa 1971 letter expected to sell at auction for more than $20K
- A circa 1971 letter from John Lennon to Paul McCartney illustrates how strained relations were between the Beatles after Lennon left the band. The letter, which is up for auction in Boston , is a response to a missive from Linda and Paul McCartney that apparently didn't impress Lennon much....
Died 50 Years
Ago This Week
Nov 12, 2016 2:12 PM CST
Paul McCartney Died 50 Years Ago This Week
At least according to one of the craziest conspiracy theories in music history
- Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of Paul McCartney's death—at least according to what Inverse calls "the original crazy fan theory." The conspiracy theory appears to have started with an anonymous call to a radio DJ in 1969, a month after the Beatles had officially broken up....
Phil Collins Reveals Why He
Doesn't Like Paul McCartney
Oct 19, 2016 12:13 PM CDT
Phil Collins Reveals Why He Doesn't Like Paul McCartney
It dates back to 2002
- Paul McCartney made a bad first impression on Phil Collins that has never faded. The two met at a Buckingham Palace party in 2002, and Collins asked McCartney to sign his first-edition copy of
by Hunter Davies ." And he said, 'Oh, Heather [Mills, his then-wife], our...
Robots Try to Write a Beatles
Song, Kind of Pull It Off
Sep 26, 2016 11:17 AM CDT
Robots Try to Write a Beatles Song, Kind of Pull It Off
Come together, artificial intelligence and humans
- There'll never be a bona fide Beatles reunion, but scientists at Sony's CSL research lab have come up with an alternative: a song written by artificial intelligence that sounds like something that could've been penned by the Fab Four, TNW reports. Quartz calls "Daddy's Car,...
Rihanna Ties Beatles Record
Apr 12, 2016 2:04 AM CDT
Rihanna Ties Beatles Record
She rules the charts for a 59th week
- Rihannamania is on the verge of overtaking Beatlemania, according to the latest Billboard chart. Her latest hit, "Work," featuring Drake, has topped the Hot 100 for an eighth week, giving her a total of 59 weeks at No. 1, matching the Fab Four for the second-most weeks at...
Dead at 90
Mar 9, 2016 5:00 AM CST
The 'Fifth Beatle' Is Dead at 90
George Martin played huge role in band's historic transformation
- George Martin, the producer who guided, assisted, and stood aside through the Beatles' swift, historic transformation from rowdy club act to musical and cultural revolutionaries, passed away peacefully at home on Tuesday, his management says, per the AP . He was 90. Too modest to call himself the "Fifth Beatle,...
7 Best Lines
From Yoko Ono's
Feb 26, 2016 7:45 AM CST
7 Best Lines From Yoko Ono's Awesome
Admit it, you always wondered whether she liked the Dougie or krumping better
- Jezebel is calling it "the Best-Ever
'25 Things.'" The Frisky calls it "f---ing perfect." Vulture calls it "the Most Yoko Ono Listicle Ever." Yes, Yoko Ono's contribution to
recurring feature, "25 Things You Don'...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
Alligator Spotted With Woman's Body in Mouth
This Is the Most Diverse State in America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.