Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Woman Loses Leg
on Airport's Moving Walkway
Jun 29, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Woman Loses Leg on Airport's Moving Walkway
Horrific accident happened in Thailand
- A woman's leg had to be amputated in a Thai airport after it was trapped by a moving walkway Thursday, officials said. The 57-year-old Thai passenger was due to board a morning flight from Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport to the southern Nakhon Si Thammarat province when she was...
She Didn't Give Up on Her Wife:
'I Don't Feel Like She's Gone'
Jun 2, 2023 6:15 AM CDT
She Didn't Give Up on Her Wife: 'I Don't Feel Like She's Gone'
Spouse details Quanishia White-Berry's rescue, including amputation, from debris in Iowa building
- A resident pulled Monday from the apartment building that partially collapsed in Davenport, Iowa, the day before was only able to be yanked from the rubble after doctors amputated her left leg above the knee. It took hours for surgeons and first responders to rescue Quanishia White-Berry, reports the
He Went Outside
the Bar to Pee.
A Gator Awaited
May 24, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
He Went Outside the Bar to Pee. A Gator Awaited
Jordan Rivera, who lost arm in alligator attack: 'It's not the end of the world'
- For a guy who just lost part of his arm to an alligator, Jordan Rivera has a remarkably good attitude. The 23-year-old was at Banditos Bar in Port Charlotte, Florida, early Sunday when he had to use the bathroom, per WBBH . The lines for the restroom were long, however, so...
Nurse Accused of
Nov 7, 2022 1:51 PM CST
Nurse Accused of Unauthorized Amputation
Colleagues say she cut off elderly man's foot, planned to preserve it
- A hospice nurse in Wisconsin is facing multiple charges after allegedly cutting off an elderly man's foot without permission from doctors or the patient. Mary K. Brown, 38, allegedly amputated the right foot of a dying man at Spring Valley Health and Rehab Center on May 27, WQOW reports....
Man Allegedly Sawed Off
Leg as Daughter Watched
Sep 18, 2022 6:33 AM CDT
Man Allegedly Sawed Off Leg as Daughter Watched
Shannon Cox of Arkansas is charged with endangering welfare of a minor
- Authorities say a child was thrown into a state of shock after her father amputated his own leg in front of her. Per a probable cause affidavit cited by NBC News , Shannon Cox faces a felony charge of endangering the welfare of a minor in connection with the Aug. 2...
Sep 7, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Skeleton's Missing Foot 'Rewrites History'
Amputation suggests humans were making medical advances much earlier than thought
- The 31,000-year-old skeleton of a young adult found in a cave in Indonesia that is missing its left foot and part of its left leg reveals the oldest known evidence of an amputation, according to a new study. Scientists say the amputation was performed when the person was a...
After Yard Accident
Jun 22, 2022 4:29 PM CDT
Senator Might Require Amputation After Yard Accident
Aide says Kevin Cramer could lose fingers
- Sen. Kevin Cramer says he's "alert and in good spirits" after an accident doing yard work over the weekend—but he might be losing a body part. "I sustained a serious injury to my right hand, which required immediate surgery," the North Dakota Republican said in...
Injury' at USPS Facility,
Possible Big Fines
Mar 14, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
After 'Life-Changing Injury' at USPS Facility, Possible Big Fines
Worker has arm amputated after accident at NC mail facility; OSHA finds 'serious safety violations'
- A US Postal Service worker lost an arm after an accident involving a machine at a North Carolina mail processing center, and now the agency could face fines of more than $170,000, reports WGHP . Per a release from the US Department of Labor, the mechanic at the USPS' Greensboro...
Surgeon Fined for
Amputating Wrong Leg
Dec 2, 2021 4:58 AM CST
Surgeon Fined for Amputating Wrong Leg
Austrian surgeon blamed a problem with the chain of command
- A surgeon in Austria who removed the wrong leg from an elderly patient earlier this year in what the hospital called a "tragic mistake" has been fined the equivalent of around $3,000, with half of it suspended. A court found the 43-year-old surgeon guilty of gross negligence, the...
She Stepped on a Nail
at Walmart, Won $10M
Dec 1, 2021 2:35 PM CST
She Stepped on a Nail at Walmart, Won $10M
SC's April Jones lost most of her right leg as a result, jurors decided
- April Jones was walking down the main aisle of her local Walmart when she stepped on a nail. It was a moment that would forever change her life. Over the next six years the Florence, SC, woman would undergo multiple amputations and lose most of her right leg, reports WMBF...
If You Own One of These
Lounge Chairs, Don't Sit in It
Aug 11, 2021 11:15 AM CDT
If You Own One of These Lounge Chairs, Don't Sit in It
True Living Sling Loungers sold by Dollar General recalled over amputation potential
- If your eyes tend to glaze over when you read about product recalls, this one might get your attention.
reports the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a recall for select True Living Sling Loungers following three confirmed cases of amputations or lacerations in connection with the...
Dec 20, 2020 12:14 PM CST
John Wayne Bobbitt Has Another 2 Amputations
Bobbitt's right foot is now short a couple of toes
- John Wayne Bobbitt says he has undergone two more amputations, but ex-wife Lorena wasn't involved this time. Nearly 30 years after she sliced off his penis while he slept, Bobbitt had two toes amputated on his right foot amid a gruesome series of health woes. Bobbitt tells TMZ his...
3-Year-Old Skins Knee,
Ends Up Losing Both Legs
Dec 4, 2020 1:25 PM CST
3-Year-Old Skins Knee, Ends Up Losing Both Legs
'He wasn't supposed to make it'
- Kids skin their knees all the time, only to be fixed by a Band-Aid and a hug. Unfortunately, that did not suffice in a devastating case out of California. After skinning his knee in October, 3-year-old Beauden Baumkirchner underwent at least 18 surgeries over two months spent in an intensive...
Doctor's License Revoked
Over Odd Amputation
Aug 20, 2020 1:00 AM CDT
Doctor's License Revoked Over Odd Amputation
The doctor, John Ure, called it a 'travesty of justice'
- A rural Missouri doctor has lost his license after cutting off a patient's toe in a pretty makeshift manner, the
reports. The Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts accused John Ure of removing a patient's gangrenous toe on the back porch of his...
Wife: His Lungs
May 2, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
Nick Cordero's Wife: His Lungs Are 'Severely Damaged'
Amanda Kloots gives the world an update as her husband fights for his life
- Looks like Nick Cordero isn't out of the woods yet. The Broadway actor, who apparently had a leg amputated after testing positive for COVID-19, is now said to have other lingering health effects. CNN reports that while he isn't bleeding internally, his wife Amanda Kloots says "we...
For Actor With
the News Is
Apr 18, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
For Actor With Coronavirus, the News Is Devastating
Amanda Kloots posted an update about Nick Cordero on Instagram
- The wife of Broadway actor Nick Cordero revealed heartbreaking news Saturday—that her husband's right leg is being amputated as he struggles with complications from the coronavirus,
reports. His wife, Amanda Kloots, said the 41-year-old had been in intensive care for 18 days when she got the news....
After 'Tragedy of
Jan 2, 2020 10:00 AM CST
After 'Tragedy of Errors,' Woman Awarded Millions
Carolyn Boerste had to have leg amputated after nurses left sponge in her
- A woman whose leg was amputated six years after undergoing heart surgery was awarded $10.5 million by a jury last month, after what her lawyers say was a "tragedy of errors" by multiple medical personnel. "Everything has changed," Carolyn Boerste says, per WAVE , which along with...
She Fell Asleep on Her Sofa,
Woke Up With No Arms, Legs
Aug 1, 2019 9:15 AM CDT
She Fell Asleep on Her Sofa, Woke Up With No Arms, Legs
Ohio woman contracted serious infection believed to have come from dog lick
- A small cut on an Ohio woman's arm and a friendly lick from her dog led to what a GoFundMe campaign calls a "perfect storm"—and to the amputation of all her limbs. Stark County salon owner Marie Trainer's ordeal began May 10, when WJW reports...
Improper Lane Change Cost
NFL Player His Arm, Career
Jul 12, 2019 6:31 AM CDT
Improper Lane Change Cost NFL Player His Arm, Career
Still, Kendrick Norton of Miami Dolphins is grateful to be alive after July 4 crash in Miami
- A young Miami Dolphins player lost his left arm after a July 4 car accident in Miami—and now police are laying blame for the crash on him. Citing a Florida Highway Patrol accident file seen by ESPN ,
reports that 22-year-old defensive tackle Kendrick Norton received a citation...
to Hotel Bar
Jun 13, 2019 10:04 AM CDT
Man Donates Amputated Toe to Hotel Bar
It's another 'gross' garnish for the Sourtoe Cocktail
- Nick Griffiths is understandably sad to have lost the big toe of his left foot to frostbite in an extreme winter marathon in the Yukon last year. But it's not goodbye forever. Now recovering at home in Bolton, England, the ex-British commando has sent his amputated toe to the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast-Food Restaurant
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Here's What Happens When You Go Vegan for a Month
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.