Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Haley to Launch $10M Ad
Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Nov 13, 2023 12:12 PM CST
Haley to Launch $10M Ad Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Former UN ambassador plans TV, radio, and digital ads in Iowa, New Hampshire
- Nikki Haley's presidential campaign will reserve $10 million in television, radio, and digital advertising across Iowa and New Hampshire beginning in the first week of December, a massive investment designed to give the former United Nations ambassador an advantage over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Details of the advertising plans,...
Ramaswamy's Big Ad Buy:
'This Is Just the Beginning'
Nov 3, 2023 4:05 PM CDT
Ramaswamy's Big Ad Buy: 'This Is Just the Beginning'
Despite flagging in polls, billionaire to pay $12M for ads in early voting states of New Hampshire, Iowa
- Vivek Ramaswamy is in fourth place in the national polls as of Friday among presidential candidates vying for the GOP nomination, and it's a distant fourth, with an average of 5.2%—he trails former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (7.8%), Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (12.6%), and...
Senate Candidate Smokes Pot,
Burns Confederate Flag in Ads
Feb 10, 2022 6:12 PM CST
Senate Candidate Smokes Pot, Burns Confederate Flag in Ads
Louisiana's Gary Chambers Jr. is making waves despite limited budget
- A Louisiana candidate for the US Senate is making waves with his ads, which show him smoking marijuana and burning the Confederate flag. Baton Rouge community activist Gary Chambers Jr.—who had a viral moment in 2020 when he called out a school board member for online shopping during...
Oct 11, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Fauci: Trump's Campaign Ad Butchered My Words
The infectious disease expert takes Trump's campaign to task
- Anthony Fauci does not appear happy with the Trump campaign's new ad. America's top infectious disease expert says the campaign took his words out of context and turned them into praise of President Trump, CNN reports. "In my nearly five decades of public service, I have never...
Here's Why There Are
No Biden Ads on
Sep 11, 2020 1:32 AM CDT
Here's Why There Are No Biden Ads on TV Today
Presidential contender pulls them on 9/11 anniversary
- It's the 19th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks, and Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden is marking the occasion by pulling all his television ads for the day. Politico says presidential contenders have long gone dark on the 9/11 anniversary, hitting a bit of a pause on their...
Fans Are Split
on Biden Campaign's Move
Sep 2, 2020 3:30 AM CDT
Fans Are Split on Biden Campaign's Move
Some think it's clever, others not so much
- For anyone who's ever thought, "I wish there was a way to campaign for Joe Biden while playing
," well, now there is. The Biden campaign is now offering four official yard signs users can download and display in the uber-popular Nintendo Switch video game. Some...
Jul 28, 2020 8:47 AM CDT
Senate Contender Blasts Opponent's 'Anti-Semitic Trope'
Georgia GOP Sen. David Perdue says pic of Dem Jon Ossoff accidentally distorted his nose
- Election campaigning in Georgia took an ugly turn this week as the Democratic challenger to a sitting Republican senator accused the latter of running an anti-Semitic ad against him. The
reports that the campaign of GOP Sen. David Perdue nixed a Facebook ad that had been running since July...
Letter From CNN
May 5, 2020 10:30 AM CDT
Trump Gets Cease-and-Desist Letter From CNN
Campaign accused of distorting network footage in nationwide ad
- CNN's parent company has sent a cease-and-desist letter to President Trump's reelection campaign, ordering the removal of a new ad using CNN footage in a manner that is "false, misleading, and deceptive." The minute-long ad released Sunday includes a segment from a conversation on a March...
Obama, Biden Have Same
Word for GOP Super PAC Ad
Feb 27, 2020 7:03 AM CST
Obama, Biden Have Same Word for GOP Super PAC Ad
- Barack Obama has remained relatively quiet on the political scene in the years since he left the Oval Office—but he's voicing his displeasure with an ad attacking his former VP. CNN reports that the law office representing Obama sent a cease-and-desist letter Wednesday to a GOP super PAC...
Just Under the
Wire, a 6th
Jan 10, 2020 2:00 PM CST
Just Under the Wire, a 6th Debate Contender
Tom Steyer will join Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Sanders, and Warren on Tuesday
- And then there were six. On Thursday morning, just Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren had met polling and fundraising requirements to participate in Tuesday's Democratic debate in Iowa. By Thursday evening, there was a new entry : businessman Tom Steyer, who Politico notes was...
Dec 11, 2019 10:00 AM CST
Ridicule Follows Campaign Clip Showing Trump as Supervillain
Critics wonder if officials actually watched 'Avengers: Endgame'
- What's next for President Trump after his turn as Rocky Balboa ?
supervillain Thanos, apparently. "House Democrats can push their sham impeachment all they want. President Trump's re-election is inevitable," the Trump War Room said in a Tuesday tweet that shares a new campaign ad...
$100M on Anti-Trump Ads
Nov 16, 2019 10:45 AM CST
Bloomberg Drops $100M on Anti-Trump Ads
Yet he hasn't committed to a presidential run
- Got $100 million? Neither do we—but Michael Bloomberg does. The billionaire and former New York City mayor is planning to spend that much on anti-Trump ads as he mulls a run for president, the Hill reports. The ads will target Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Michigan, four states the Dems...
As Facebook Turns Down
Biden, Warren Makes Big Claim
Oct 9, 2019 9:12 AM CDT
As Facebook Turns Down Biden, Warren Makes Big Claim
Senator suggests social media site will help elect Trump
- Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter have refused to pull a Trump campaign ad claiming Joe Biden offered $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the country removed a prosecutor investigating a company linked to Biden's son. CNN refused the grainy, 30-second ad released Sept. 27, citing false claims, reports the...
Campaign Ad Is
One 'People Will
Pay Attention To'
Sep 10, 2019 8:44 AM CDT
Valerie Plame's Campaign Ad Is One 'People Will Pay Attention To'
Ex-CIA operative is running for a congressional seat in New Mexico
- Business Insider says it looks like a "
Fast & Furious
outtake"; the AV Club notes it's more reminiscent of the
franchise. Whatever movie you might compare Valerie Plame's new campaign ad to, there's no denying the spot is memorable. Plame , the ex-CIA operative...
Warren Ads Calling for
Yanked by Facebook
Mar 12, 2019 7:32 AM CDT
Warren Ads Calling for Facebook Breakup Yanked by Facebook
Citing modified logo, company will restore ads to allow 'robust debate'
- Facebook may have inadvertently illustrated Elizabeth Warren's point about the consolidation of power by tech giants like itself. The social media company removed numerous ads calling for the breakup of Facebook, Amazon, and Google, published Friday by Warren's presidential campaign. "They've bulldozed competition, used our private...
2020 Trump Ad
Has a Request
Dec 18, 2018 7:10 AM CST
2020 Trump Ad Has a Request for Supporters
It asks people to call and leave a personal thank-you to the president
- In what Mediaite says appears to be the first 2020 ad for President Trump's re-election campaign, supporters hear an unusual request. Campaign chief Brad Parscale asks them to call an 800 number and leave a personal message of thanks for the president. "We need to let President Trump...
Senator's Ad Has
Oct 19, 2018 7:51 AM CDT
Senator's Ad Has 'Uncanny'
Joe Donnelly, Jonah Ryan share fondness for chopping
- Either somebody on Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly's campaign is a big
fan, or it's a heck of a coincidence. The Democrat's new campaign ad, "Axe," bears a very strong resemblance to " Chopping ," a campaign ad on the sitcom for fictional candidate Jonah...
Mocking GOP Campaign Ad
Doesn't Go Over Well in Illinois
Feb 5, 2018 10:05 AM CST
Mocking GOP Campaign Ad Doesn't Go Over Well in Illinois
Jeanne Ives' ad blasted as not reflective of 'who we are as Party of Lincoln'
- On March 20, Illinois state Rep. Jeanne Ives will challenge Gov. Bruce Rauner in the GOP primary for his seat, but the most highly charged night in the race may not be that one. Ives is under fire for a campaign ad , one that the state's GOP chair says...
Kiwi Party Learns Copying
Eminem Song Was Wrong Move
Oct 25, 2017 7:53 AM CDT
Kiwi Party Learns Copying Eminem Song Was Wrong Move
New Zealand's National Party to cough up $415K, plus interest, for ripping off 'Lose Yourself' in ads
- A New Zealand judge said Eminem's lyrics "You own it, you better never let it go" turned out to be prophetic after ruling that a political party breached copyright by using a song similar to Eminem's "Lose Yourself" in its campaign ads. High Court Judge Helen...
Indians Scratching Heads
Over Trump's Ad in Hindi
Oct 27, 2016 11:54 AM CDT
Indians Scratching Heads Over Trump's Ad in Hindi
Trump uses a Narendra Modi slogan, with his name swapped in, in 30-second spot
- Less than a fortnight remains before Election Day, and Donald Trump is attempting an 11th-hour outreach to an entirely new demographic: Indian-Americans, reports the
. And so he's released a TV ad in which he attempts to speak Hindi (with a New York accent, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
She Had a Day Job as a Baker. Then Came 'Mr. Big Stuff'
NFL Player Got Creative to Avoid Trash-Talk Penalties
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.