Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
What It Is—a 'Pimp'
Sep 7, 2021 12:24 PM CDT
Call OnlyFans What It Is—a 'Pimp'
Lawyer Catherine MacKinnon says creators on the site are 'violated,' not empowered
- When OnlyFans announced a ban on explicit content , the ACLU warned it was stigmatizing sex work, "making workers less safe." The subscription site's decision to reverse the ban was therefore applauded on many fronts. But not by Catherine MacKinnon. "It is the sex industry that makes...
She Escaped Her Pimp, but
Still Had Access to Prostitutes
Aug 15, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
She Escaped Her Pimp, but Still Had Access to Prostitutes
Inside Megan Lundstrom's journey from the streets to academia
- Her pimp "shot seven bullets into my nanny’s car, then called and told me next time it wouldn’t be a car that gets shot." It took Megan Lundstrom a full two years to get out, but she managed to escape him—by aligning with another pimp....
Apr 21, 2021 6:25 PM CDT
Manhattan Drops Prostitution Cases
Vance changes policy on prosecuting sex workers
- Prostitution and unlicensed massage criminal cases will no longer be prosecuted in Manhattan, the district attorney announced Wednesday, joining a national trend. "Over the last decade we've learned from those with lived experience," Cyrus Vance Jr. said in a statement, "and from our own experience on...
Amsterdam Plans to
Move Red Light District
Feb 1, 2021 5:03 PM CST
Amsterdam Plans to Move Red Light District
Sex workers will be shifted to new 'erotic zone' away from the city center
- Dutch lawmakers have given the green light to plans to move sex workers away from Amsterdam's famous red light district. City councilors from several parties supported Mayor Femke Halsema's proposal to move brothels from the alleyways of the city center, where tourists often stopped to gawk at women...
Brothels May Disappoint
Aug 18, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
Berlin's Reopened Brothels May Disappoint
Erotic massages are allowed, but sex isn't permitted until September
- Berlin's brothels are back open for the first time in five months, but there's a caveat: No sex allowed. While prostitution is legal in Germany, sex acts remain banned until September under coronavirus restrictions, reports AFP . At this point, clients—required to wear a mask and provide contact...
Accuser: Bill Clinton
Was With 2 'Young Girls'
Aug 1, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Accuser: Bill Clinton Was With 2 'Young Girls'
'Orgies were a constant thing,' says Virginia Giuffre
- Jeffrey Epstein's most prominent accuser says she once saw Bill Clinton with "two young girls" on an island used for sex orgies,
reports. In newly unsealed court documents, Virginia Giuffre responds to a lawyer who asked whether she recalled Epstein talking about the former president owing him...
You'll Need to
May 29, 2020 10:02 AM CDT
Switzerland to Sex Workers: You'll Need to Social Distance
Nation gives OK to prostitutes but still prohibits judo, boxing, wrestling, ballroom dancing
- If you're a sex worker in Switzerland, you'll soon be back in business. If you're a judo, ballroom dancing, or boxing aficionado, you're going to have to wait a little longer. Bloomberg reports that the country's legal prostitution industry will be permitted to reopen on...
College President Arrested
in 'Dark Web' Prostitution Sting
Feb 10, 2020 6:58 PM CST
College President Arrested in 'Dark Web' Prostitution Sting
William Bynum Jr. has resigned from Jackson State University
- William Bynum Jr., president of Jackson State University, has resigned after being arrested in a prostitution sting over the weekend. Mississippi state trustees met Monday to discuss choosing an interim leader. Bynum is charged with procuring the services of a prostitute, false statement of identity and possession of marijuana. He...
Notorious Utah Madame's
Interview Eludes Historians
Feb 1, 2020 2:30 PM CST
Notorious Utah Madame's Interview Eludes Historians
Reporter's old shorthand remains a mystery
- Scholars at a Utah university are trying to unlock a mystery after discovering a nearly 70-year-old transcript of an interview with a notorious figure in Ogden history, the AP reports. The interview was with madam Rossette Duccinni Davie, who ran the Rose Rooms brothel with her husband in the 1940s...
Lawyer's Other Job
Is at a Nevada Brothel
Sep 9, 2019 4:45 PM CDT
Lawyer's Other Job Is at a Nevada Brothel
Des Moines attorney wants to change laws, attitudes
- Like a lot of people, Katherine Sears has a side hustle. The Des Moines lawyer doesn't drive an Uber or deliver pizza. Her other job is in a brothel in Nevada. "I like sex," she says. "Sex is fun, and I can get paid for it....
In New York, an Effort to
Decriminalize Sex Work
Jun 12, 2019 12:58 PM CDT
In New York, an Effort to Decriminalize Sex Work
'Sex work is work and should not be criminalized'
- Some Democratic lawmakers hope to see New York become the first state to decriminalize sex work. "Anything that involved children or coercion are things that we feel very strongly need to remain in the penal code," but "sex work is work and should not be criminalized by...
Rapper Charged With
Felony Human Trafficking
May 26, 2019 1:33 PM CDT
Rapper Charged With Felony Human Trafficking
Sosamann is accused of forcing women to become sex workers
- A rapper was arrested in LA earlier this month after women nabbed in a prostitution sting accused him of human trafficking, TMZ reports. According to authorities, he took two women to California with promises of big dreams and forced them to become prostitutes. Site XXL confirms that Sosamann, who has...
Convo With Cop
Apr 27, 2019 8:30 AM CDT
Kraft's Reported Convo With Cop Who Stopped Him: Dolphins
As in Miami team, which prosecutors say 'polite' Kraft mentioned while showing Super Bowl ring
- What do you do when you're pulled over by the cops after leaving a day spa where you allegedly paid for sex? If the latest reports on Robert Kraft are accurate, you talk football and show off your Super Bowl ring. That's according to Florida prosecutors cited by...
Spa Customers Videotaped
in Kraft Case Sue Authorities
Apr 23, 2019 2:02 AM CDT
Spa Customers Videotaped in Kraft Case Sue Authorities
They say the surveillance was unlawful
- Nearly three dozen men and women have filed a federal class-action lawsuit accusing Florida authorities of unlawfully videotaping them as they received legal massages at a parlor where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and others allegedly paid for sex. The lawsuit by 31 John and Jane Does alleges that...
Move in Kraft
Apr 17, 2019 2:49 PM CDT
Prosecutors Threaten New Move in Kraft Sex Case
That means releasing footage from a Florida spa
- You may soon be watching video of Robert Kraft engaging in sex acts with alleged prostitutes at a Florida spa—if prosecutors follow through on their plan to release it, the
reports. The Palm Beach County state attorney's office argued Wednesday in court papers that it can'...
Asks for Jury Trial
Mar 26, 2019 3:48 PM CDT
Robert Kraft Asks for Jury Trial
New England Patriots owner reaffirms not guilty plea, waives arraignment
- Looks like Robert Kraft is going to trial. The New England Patriots owner has waived his right to an arraignment and requested a jury trial in his prostitution case, according to court documents filed Tuesday and obtained by CNN . Kraft, 77, pleaded not guilty to two misdemeanor counts of soliciting...
Robert Kraft: 'I Am Truly Sorry'
Mar 23, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
Robert Kraft: 'I Am Truly Sorry'
The New England Patriots owner issues a statement
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is apologizing after being charged in a Florida massage parlor prostitution investigation, the AP reports. "I am truly sorry," Kraft said in a statement Saturday. "I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans...
Won't Go for
Plea Deal: Source
Mar 20, 2019 2:36 PM CDT
Robert Kraft Won't Go for Plea Deal: Source
New England Patriots owner said to be in negotiations with authorities
- It's far from confirmed, but CNN and the
are both out with stories citing a source or sources who say New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft will not accept the plea deal that's been offered to him in a Florida prostitution case. The
Make an Offer
to Patriots Owner
Mar 19, 2019 6:28 PM CDT
Prosecutors Make an Offer to Patriots Owner
Charges in prostitution case could be dropped, but there's a catch
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft could see his charges dropped—as long as he admits that he would have been found guilty, had the case gone to trial. The proposed deferred prosecution agreement also calls for Kraft and a number of other men who have been charged with soliciting...
Florida Spa Founder
Sells Access to Trump
Mar 9, 2019 4:10 PM CST
Florida Spa Founder Sells Access to Trump
Li Yang developed a more upscale business
- The woman behind a now-infamous Florida day spa has been selling something a little more upscale: access to President Trump,
reports. Li Yang, who started the spa-and-massage-parlor chain that recently ensnared New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft in a prostitution charge, has an investment business offering Trump-family access...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Scientists Take Issue With Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.