Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In N. Korea,
a 'Battle for
Jan 12, 2022 1:04 PM CST
In N. Korea, a 'Battle for Manure' Is Underway
Kim Jong Un wants citizens to meet poop quotas to help fertilize crops
- The pandemic has wreaked havoc on North Korea's food supply, the result of a domino effect of sorts: With the nation's borders closed, it can't import the manure it needs for its crops from China. The hunt for that stinky commodity has now reached "crisis level,...
This Would be the Weirdest
$10K You'd Ever Make
Jul 7, 2020 11:03 AM CDT
This Would be the Weirdest $10K You'd Ever Make
Tushy will pay someone to use a bidet for 3 months
- Those interested in making $10,000 over the summer for executing a basic bodily function will need to act fast: Tuesday is the last day the bathroom product company Tushy is accepting applications for its position of VP of Fecal Matters. The title is jokey, but the duties are straightforward...
NJ Cops: 'Inordinate' Amount
of Poop Left in State Parks
May 12, 2020 2:49 PM CDT
NJ Cops: 'Inordinate' Amount of Poop Left in State Parks
Parks were reopened, but not bathrooms
- New Jersey reopened state parks on May 2—but authorities say they may have to reconsider the move if people don't stop relieving themselves and discarding the waste there. State Police Superintendent Pat Callahan said Monday that "state park police reported an inordinate amount of urine and feces...
Sep 16, 2019 1:49 PM CDT
Pigeon Poops on Politician Griping About Pigeon Poop
CBS Chicago reports on the city's 'Pigeon Poop Station'
- It's known as "Pigeon Poop Station," so perhaps it should come as no surprise that as a lawmaker gave an interview there griping about the pigeon poop problem ... he got pooped on by a pigeon. State Rep. Jaime Andrade was talking to CBS Chicago at the city'...
A Gross 'Tornado of Poop'
Jun 26, 2019 12:33 AM CDT
Homeowners' Nightmare: A Gross 'Tornado of Poop'
4 houses damaged in Massachusetts during repairs to sewer line
- Four homes in Massachusetts are considered uninhabitable after they were set upon by one of the worst kinds of tornados: one made up of sewage. Silvia Ortiz of Melrose describes "a tornado of poop" forming in her toilet Thursday morning as she was getting ready for work, per WHDH...
Zoo Turns Heads
Mar 2, 2019 5:30 PM CST
Zoo Turns Heads With Unusual Bear-Saving Strategy
Ohio zoo is amassing poop to create a pregnancy test
- An Ohio zoo has become the repository for the world's largest collection of polar bear poop as researchers work to create a pregnancy test to aid the survival of this threatened species, the AP reports. WLWT-TV reports the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens is storing 30,000 samples of...
Says Cops Were
Feb 27, 2019 5:53 AM CST
School Pooper Says Cops Were 'Malicious, Unlawful'
Thomas Tramaglini takes issue with release of his mugshot
- A former school superintendent who made headlines after he was charged with defecating on another high school's track has asked New Jersey's attorney general to investigate whether police acted unlawfully when they took his mugshot and released it to the media. In a letter to Attorney General Gurbir...
Tale of USB Stick in
Seal Poop Gets Weirder
Feb 12, 2019 12:47 PM CST
Tale of USB Stick in Seal Poop Gets Weirder
Owner is found, describes 'weirdest set of coincidences'
- "This is probably the weirdest set of coincidences in my life—ever," says the owner of a USB stick found in a lump of frozen seal poop . Here's how it unfolds: In December 2017, sea lion volunteer Amanda Nally found an ailing sea lion on a beach...
Dec 31, 2018 8:47 AM CST
Consequence of the Shutdown: Poop Problems
Some parts of Yosemite have had to close down due to human feces, urine
- When the government shut down on Dec. 22, Yosemite National Park remained open but its bathrooms did not. Tourists haven't stopped relieving themselves, apparently alongside the road, reports the
Los Angeles Times
. Now, two campgrounds, the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and Hetch Hetchy have been shut down over...
A Lego Needs 1.71 Days
to Make the Unkindest Journey
Nov 27, 2018 11:00 AM CST
A Lego Needs 1.71 Days to Make the Unkindest Journey
If swallowed, that's how long it takes to reappear, researchers conclude
- It may not be the most burning of unanswered science questions, but researchers have figured out how long it would take for a swallowed Lego to re-emerge in the toilet bowl. Figure 1.71 days. That was the average time for six brave volunteers who swallowed a Lego head, then...
It's the Only Animal That Poops
Cubes. Mystery Now Solved?
Nov 19, 2018 11:05 AM CST
It's the Only Animal That Poops Cubes. Mystery Now Solved?
Elastic intestines and a need for turf-marking may be the drivers behind wombats' odd feces shape
- Poop comes in all shapes and sizes, but one kind of marsupial produces oddly symmetrical, six-sided feces that have had scientists scratching their heads. Patricia Yang, a mechanical engineering fellow at Georgia Tech, decided she needed to get to the bottom of why wombats expel poop cubes—the only known...
Shamed School Pooper
Admits Medical Issue
Oct 31, 2018 10:30 AM CDT
Shamed School Pooper Admits Medical Issue
Thomas Tramaglini cites runner's diarrhea, plans to sue
- Thomas Tramaglini calls it a one-time mistake : While running on a high school track early on April 30, the New Jersey school superintendent felt the need to defecate and went behind the bleachers to do his business. "What I did was wrong," yet "I've been portrayed...
With Pants Down,
Toilet Paper in Hand
Jun 7, 2018 11:05 AM CDT
Alleged Poop Jogger Caught With Pants Down, Toilet Paper in Hand
Andrew Macintosh charged with public nuisance in Australia
- Desperate crimes call for desperate measures, like waiting outside in the dark to catch an apparently on-trend poop jogger in the act. It's a move that paid off for an Australian man who tired of a jogger pooping on a footpath in his Brisbane neighborhood up to 30 times...
Jun 5, 2018 2:00 PM CDT
Driver's Nightmare: 'We Were Inundated With Poop'
Transport Canada investigating claim that liquid human feces fell in Kelowna, BC
- Maybe the only thing worse than having poop rain down on your car: Having poop rain down on your car while the sunroof is open. That's what happened to Susan Allan of British Columbia as she drove with her family on May 9 near Kelowna International Airport, reports the...
Poop Train Finally
Departs Alabama Town
Apr 19, 2018 4:58 AM CDT
Poop Train Finally Departs Alabama Town
It stunk up tiny town for more than 2 months
- The smelliest train in America has rolled out of Parrish, Ala., and the small town hopes it will never see its like again. In what Mayor Heather Hall described as "wonderful news," the train's load of 10 million pounds of sewage sludge from New York and New...
Ban Lifted on Hotel Guest
17 Years After Poop 'Tornado'
Apr 3, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
Ban Lifted on Hotel Guest 17 Years After Poop 'Tornado'
Nick Burchill allowed back at BC's Fairmont Empress after a seagull fracas in his room
- A Canadian man barred from a British Columbia hotel for 17 years has successfully reversed his lifetime ban with "a pound of Brothers TNT Pepperoni as a peace offering." To understand the significance of that gift, it's necessary to know the truly insane story of how Nick...
Suspect Released After
Refusing to Poop for 47 Days
Mar 7, 2018 9:51 AM CST
Suspect Released After Refusing to Poop for 47 Days
Lamarr Chambers' stance on No. 2 ultimately made him No. 1
- Lamarr Chambers fought the law, and the law came in No. 2—all over some No. 2. The BBC reports "poo watch" has officially ended in the UK, with the 24-year-old released on Monday after 47 days in custody in which he refused to have a bowel movement. Chambers...
Colony of Penguins
Mar 2, 2018 11:38 AM CST
Scientists Find Huge, Secret Colony of Penguins
'Supercolony' of 1.5M Adélie penguins on Antarctic Peninsula is a major find
- More than 1 million penguins who've been hiding in a remote part of Antarctica were recently discovered thanks to images taken from space and ... their own poop. A study in the
journal reveals the Danger Islands find of more than 750,000 pairs of Adélie penguins—...
New Rules Coming for
Climbers' Poop on Denali
Mar 1, 2018 5:00 AM CST
New Rules Coming for Climbers' Poop on Denali
Study finds fecal matter dumped over the past decade isn't decomposing as it needs to
- Climbers on North America's tallest mountain may have to start packing out more of their poop after a researcher determined a glacier in which much of it has been dumped over the past decade probably isn't decomposing the human waste, the AP reports. Michael Loso, a glacier geologist,...
Officials Testing Human Feces,
Hope They Belong to Tycoon
Feb 19, 2018 10:55 AM CST
Officials Testing Human Feces, Hope They Belong to Tycoon
Thai officials trying to prove Premchai Karnasuta poached animals in wildlife sanctuary
- It's not every day that a tycoon's feces are tested by the authorities, but such is the case in Thailand. Wildlife officials accuse Premchai Karnasuta—ranked by
as the country's 35th richest person, with an estimated net worth of $240 million—of poaching a leopard and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Offer From Germany Leaves Mayor in Ukraine 'Speechless'
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
In Quest for Selfie, Hiker Instead Meets a Tragic Fate
Mayor's Brother Sees Salary Cut From $210K to $1
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul, but These Americans Just Did
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.