Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Moments After Teen's Death,
the Alleged Cover-Up Began
Aug 11, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
Moments After Teen's Death, the Alleged Cover-Up Began
5 other teens charged following 2019 death of Jack Elliott in Texas
- For months, even his parents didn't know how Jack Elliott had died. Before and after his body was found 100 feet deep in Texas' Lake Travis near Austin, they heard multiple stories from the 11 teenagers who'd been boating with the 19-year-old Texas Christian University student after sunset:...
This Teen Saw a Car Go Into
the River. He Didn't Hesitate
Jul 9, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
This Teen Saw a Car Go Into the River. He Didn't Hesitate
Corion Evans, 16, saves 3 young women, police officer from drowning in Mississippi
- When Corion Evans saw three people at a party, the 16-year-old never imagined he would save their lives a few hours later. But that's what happened early Sunday when a car drove off a boat launch into a river in southern Mississippi. The high school student jumped into the...
Jury Awards $21M in Killing
of Pregnant Teen by Police
Jun 27, 2022 4:39 PM CDT
Jury Awards $21M in Killing of Pregnant Teen by Police
Elena Mondragon was in car with robbery suspect when cops tried to pull them over
: The family of a pregnant teenager who was shot and killed by undercover police officers in 2017 has been awarded $21 million by a federal jury. The verdict was reached Friday, the AP reports. John Burris, the family's lawyer, said the jury split culpability between the man driving...
Arrested at 13, He Faced
Execution. Now He's Free
Jun 25, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Arrested at 13, He Faced Execution. Now He's Free
Murtaja Qureiris, said to be youngest Saudi prisoner for political protest, reportedly out of prison
Murtaja Qureiris is now a free man. Human rights activists say the 21-year-old, who was arrested in Saudi Arabia at age 13 after being accused of participating in Arab Spring protests three years earlier, has been released from prison, reports CNN . Qureiris, who once faced the death penalty for...
Walgreens Worker Allegedly
Killed Teen in Break Room
Jun 16, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Walgreens Worker Allegedly Killed Teen in Break Room
Victim Riley Whitelaw, 17, complained about co-worker Joshua Johnson for a year
- A teenage Walgreens employee who reported her co-worker to her boss for making her feel uncomfortable was allegedly killed by that same co-worker in the store's break room. A manager at the store in Colorado Springs called 911 just before 7pm Saturday, saying he'd found a body in...
May 27, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
'I'm not going to die today' a determined 16-year-old Dalton Bruton thought
- For 16-year-old Dalton Bruton, being around horses has always been a "calming experience." Not so much last week, when the Oklahoma teen got kicked so hard by one that he ended up having a heart attack. KFOR reports on the May 19 incident on the horse farm owned...
Maine Teen Dies While
Digging Hole at NJ Beach
May 18, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Maine Teen Dies While Digging Hole at NJ Beach
Levy Caverley, 18, died after hole he and sister were digging in Toms River collapsed
- A Maine teen died this week along the Jersey Shore after the hole he was digging with his sister collapsed. Police say 18-year-old Levy Caverley was at a beach in Toms River, NJ, on Tuesday afternoon, reportedly enjoying a day in the sun by carving out a 10-foot-deep hole in...
30 Years Later,
in Ditch Has
Apr 14, 2022 10:10 AM CDT
30 Years Later, Female Found in Ditch Has a Name
Margaret Ann Sniegowski Jr., 17, IDed thanks to DNA evidence; now it's a homicide investigation
- For three decades, the identity of a body found along an Indiana highway remained unknown, a cold case that stumped Boone County officials. Now, a name to that body, thanks to a curious sister and advances in genetic genealogy. FOX59 details the case of 17-year-old Ohioan Margaret Ann Sniegowski Jr....
Teen Used Rocks
to Alert Rescuers
Apr 6, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
Missing Nonverbal Teen Used Rocks to Alert Rescuers
16-year-old was helped out of forest after clinking rocks together
- A nonverbal teenager who became lost while hiking in dense wilderness in Southern California was found safe Sunday after he banged rocks together to alert rescuers. The 16-year-old developmentally disabled teen had been hiking with his mother and sister in Crescenta Valley Park in Glendale, Calif., when he uncharacteristically ran...
Boy Killed in
Fall From Ride
Mar 29, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Boy Killed in Fall From Ride Exceeded Weight Limit
Manual for Orlando ride gives max weight as 287 pounds; Tyre Sampson reportedly weighed 340
- The 14-year-old boy who died after a fall from a 430-foot drop tower ride at Orlando's ICON Park "fell right out of the seat" as the plunging 30-seat circular vehicle started braking, according to a 911 call. "The thing went down the drop, and like when it...
Have a Most Persistent
Teen on Their Tails
Mar 1, 2022 12:24 PM CST
Russian Oligarchs Have a Most Persistent Teen on Their Tails
Jack Sweeney, who's been tracking Elon Musk's private jet, is also keeping tabs on Russia's richest
- The teen who irked Elon Musk for tracking his private jet now has a new lineup of aircraft he's shadowing. The Hill reports that 19-year-old college freshman Jack Sweeney has set up the Russian Oligarch Jets Twitter account , in response to multiple requests to track the planes of Russia'...
Flak for Going
Feb 7, 2022 11:28 AM CST
Governor's Campaign Takes Flak for Going After Teen
Tweet by Virginia's 'Team Youngkin' called out 17-year-old critic by name and photo
- Virginia's new Republican governor is taking some heat because his campaign called out a teenage critic by name and photo. The tweet was not put up by Gov. Glenn Youngkin but by his "Team Youngkin" staff, and it has since been deleted, reports the
. The controversy...
Teen Tracking Elon's Jet Has
Offer for Celebrity Superfans
Feb 2, 2022 12:10 PM CST
Teen Tracking Elon's Jet Has Offer for Celebrity Superfans
Jack Sweeney wants to 'monetize' accounts to track jets of Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Drake, more
Opportunity has landed on Jack Sweeney's tarmac. The Florida teen who turned down a $5,000 offer from Elon Musk to stop tracking his jet has created 16 more automated Twitter accounts to track aircraft belonging to other big names—think Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Cuban, and...
Teen Denied Abortion Access
Over 'Lack of Intelligence'
Scores Court Win
Feb 1, 2022 8:44 AM CST
Teen Denied Abortion Access Over 'Lack of Intelligence' Scores Court Win
Fla. appeals court disputes claim over 2.0 GPA, allows her to bypass parental consent
- A high school junior in Florida has won a judicial bypass to a state law requiring minors to get parental consent before speaking to a doctor about abortion procedures, after an initial denial citing her apparent "lack of intelligence." The 17-year-old told a court that she was interested...
'Abandoned Twice' Teen Kills
Self After Reunion With Parents
Jan 27, 2022 11:42 AM CST
'Abandoned Twice' Teen Kills Self After Reunion With Parents
China's Liu Xuezhou dies of suicide after reunion with birth parents goes sour
- A Chinese teen who'd recently tracked down his biological parents using the power of social media has died, apparently of suicide, after that reunion went sour—a case now shining a spotlight on everything from cyberbullying to the sale of children in China. Per the
, Liu Xuezhou,...
Cops: Staged Robbery
Led to Fatal Shooting
Jan 15, 2022 11:00 AM CST
Cops: Staged Robbery Led to Fatal Shooting
Teen employee who was shot to death was allegedly in on the ruse
- Earlier this month, a 16-year-old employee of a Burger King in Milwaukee was fatally shot during an attempted robbery. Now comes a startling twist to the case from prosecutors: They say the robbery was staged, and the teen who died was in on it, reports the
Kansas City Star
Teacher in Hot
Water After Video:
'There You Go,
in case you missed it
Jan 9, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Teacher in Hot Water After Video: 'There You Go, At-Home Vaccine'
Laura Russo arrested after allegedly giving COVID vaccine to son's 17-year-old pal
- A Long Island high school science teacher accused of administering a COVID vaccine to a teen in her home is in trouble with her school district and the law. The
reports that Laura Russo, a 54-year-old biology teacher for Herricks Public Schools, was arrested for unauthorized practice of...
Mayor Speaks About Teen's
Death in Dirt-Bike Crash
Dec 29, 2021 1:22 PM CST
Mayor Speaks About Teen's Death in Dirt-Bike Crash
Family says police in Boynton Beach, Fla., 'chased' Stanley Davis Jr. 'right to his damn grave'
The mayor of Boynton, Florida, has weighed in on the Sunday death of a 13-year-old boy there. Mayor Steven B. Grant on Monday shared what he conveyed to Stanley Davis Jr.'s family with CBS12 . It quotes him as saying, "My statement to them was we should...
Mom Saved by Clever Teen
and a New Pair of Sneakers
Dec 19, 2021 3:10 PM CST
Mom Saved by Clever Teen and a New Pair of Sneakers
16-year-old fashions tourniquet with shoelace
- Thanks to quick-thinking and calm, a teen in eastern Maine was able to save his mom. Kristen Iarrobino just wanted to step outside in her slippers for a moment, and considered the possibility that the ground was more treacherous than it looked and she might need better footwear. “I...
In Parkland, a New Threat:
'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
Dec 3, 2021 4:15 PM CST
In Parkland, a New Threat: 'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
17-year-old junior arrested after hinting at school shooting at Stoneman Douglas
- A South Florida teenager has been arrested after investigators learned he made a threat against Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the site of a mass shooting that killed 17 people on Valentine's Day in 2018. A caller reported seeing the threat late Wednesday night, according to the Broward Sheriff'...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.