Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oakland Honors Tupac Shakur
Nov 4, 2023 2:40 PM CDT
Oakland Honors Tupac Shakur
Family, hip-hop stars address legacy at street naming
- A stretch of street in Oakland, California, was renamed Friday for Tupac Shakur, 27 years after the killing of the hip-hop luminary. A section of MacArthur Boulevard near where he lived in the 1990s became Tupac Shakur Way, following a ceremony that included family members and Oakland native MC Hammer....
27 Years After Tupac Shakur
Killing, a Murder Charge
Sep 29, 2023 2:17 PM CDT
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Duane 'Keffe D' Davis allegedly 'ordered the death' of the rapper
Updated with details on the indictment.
One of the last living witnesses to the fatal drive-by shooting of rapper Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas was charged with murder Friday in the 1996 killing, a long-awaited breakthrough in a case that has frustrated investigators and fascinated the public. A Nevada grand...
Tupac Search Warrant
Was About an Alleged Witness
Jul 20, 2023 2:12 PM CDT
Tupac Search Warrant Was About an Alleged Witness
Duane Keith Davis, 60, was allegedly in the same car as the shooter
- NBC News has the first details regarding the search warrant executed this week regarding the murder of Tupac Shakur in 1996. The outlet reports that Vegas police searched a home linked to 60-year-old Duane Keith Davis, who police suspect was in the shooter's vehicle. In fact, the suspected...
Cops Search Home
in Tupac Shakur Case
Jul 18, 2023 6:38 PM CDT
Cops Search Home in Tupac Shakur Case
Rapper's murder has been unsolved for 27 years
- Tupac Shakur has been dead for longer than he was alive, but investigators may have finally made a breakthrough in the investigation of the rapper's 1996 murder. Police in Las Vegas confirmed to CNN Tuesday that they executed a search warrant at a home in Henderson on Monday in...
27 Years After His Death,
a Star Gets His Star
Jun 1, 2023 11:36 AM CDT
27 Years After His Death, a Star Gets His Star
Rapper Tupac Shakur to receive 2,758th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday
- The 2,758th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame will go to Tupac Shakur. The late rapper, who died of injuries suffered in a drive-by shooting in 1996 at the age of 25, will be honored with a posthumous star during a ceremony set for Wednesday,
This Famous 'Murder Car'
Can Be Yours for $1.8M
Sep 8, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
This Famous 'Murder Car' Can Be Yours for $1.8M
Black BMW that Tupac Shakur was riding in when he was fatally shot in 1996 is for sale
- Tupac Shakur was fatally shot 25 years ago yesterday, and the "murder car" the rapper was riding in at the time is now up for grabs. That's what TMZ is calling the black 1996 BMW 750iL that Death Row Records co-founder Suge Night was driving in Las Vegas...
Crown Biggie Wore 3 Days
Before His Death Is for Sale
Aug 26, 2020 12:42 PM CDT
Crown Biggie Wore 3 Days Before His Death Is for Sale
Sotheby's sale also includes a teen Tupac's love letters
- Letters from a lovestruck 16-year-old Tupac Shakur will be auctioned off at Sotheby's first-ever sale devoted to hip-hop history. The 22 letters to Kathy Loy, one of the rapper's classmates at the Baltimore School for the Arts in the 1980s, are expected to fetch up to $80,000,...
Tupac Shakur Files
Apr 29, 2020 4:57 AM CDT
Tupac Shakur Files for Unemployment, Confusion Ensues
Gov. Andy Beshear thought Lexington resident's unemployment application was a prank
- It’s no joke—Tupac Shakur lives in Kentucky and needs unemployment benefits to pay his bills. The Lexington man’s name was brought up by Gov. Andy Beshear on Monday night as he spoke about how the state is trying to process all unemployment claims filed in March amid...
Ousted Iowa Official Really
Had a Thing for Tupac Shakur
Jul 17, 2019 12:43 PM CDT
Ousted Iowa Official Really Had a Thing for Tupac Shakur
Jerry Foxhoven was told to resign day after he sent Shakur-themed email to 4,300 workers
- The director of Iowa's social services agency was a huge fan of the late rapper Tupac Shakur, and he frequently let his subordinates know it. Emails obtained by the AP show that Iowa Department of Human Services Director Jerry Foxhoven routinely sent messages to employees lauding Shakur's music...
Fire Wiped Out Their Masters.
Now the Artists Are Suing
Jun 24, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
Fire Wiped Out Their Masters. Now the Artists Are Suing
They want Universal Music Group to pay up over devastating 2008 blaze
- In 2008, a fire at Universal Studios Hollywood also hit a vault of master music recordings owned by Universal Music Group. The full scope of the damage wasn't revealed until earlier this month, when a
New York Times
investigation labeled it "the biggest disaster in the history of...
Madonna Fails to Stop Sale
of Tupac Breakup Letter
Apr 24, 2018 6:57 PM CDT
Madonna Fails to Stop Sale of Tupac Breakup Letter
As well as a bunch of other items once belonging to the Material Girl
- Bad news for Madonna: A judge on Monday said a New York auction house can go ahead and sell some of her personal stuff. Gotta Have Rock and Roll auctions got a hold of a pair of the singer's underwear, a letter Tupac Shakur wrote to her explaining why...
Madonna Gets Court Order
to Stop 'Outrageous' Auction
Jul 19, 2017 6:55 AM CDT
Madonna Gets Court Order to Stop 'Outrageous' Auction
Halted (for now): sale of star's worn underwear, hairbrush, letter from Tupac
- Most people would consider love letters, hairbrushes, and underwear to be "highly personal items"—and a New York state Supreme Court judge agreed that, in Madonna's case, those items shouldn't be put up for auction, the AP reports. On Tuesday, the pop star received the emergency...
to Lawsuit: We
Only Sold 2
Jul 10, 2017 11:27 AM CDT
Jenners' Response to Lawsuit: We Only Sold 2 Tupac Shirts
Kendall, Kylie Jenner say shirts were pulled quickly after uproar
- The fashion label for Kendall and Kylie Jenner said Sunday it only sold two "vintage" T-shirts with late rapper Tupac Shakur's image on them before pulling the items from stores, the AP reports. The Kendall + Kylie brand released a statement in response to a copyright infringement lawsuit...
Tupac's Candid Reason for
Breaking Up With Madonna
Jul 6, 2017 3:30 AM CDT
Tupac's Candid Reason for Breaking Up With Madonna
Dating a white woman would let his fans down, says his newly revealed letter from jail
- Late rapper Tupac Shakur apparently had plenty of time to reflect while in jail in early 1995: He wrote a letter to ex-girlfriend Madonna explaining the reasons for their breakup, which he said happened partly because she was white, TMZ reports. "For you to be seen with a black...
Kylie, Kendall Jenner 'Sorry'
for Poorly Conceived T-Shirts
Jun 30, 2017 5:00 AM CDT
Kylie, Kendall Jenner 'Sorry' for Poorly Conceived T-Shirts
Unauthorized $125 shirts earned the ire of Sharon Osbourne, Biggie's mother
- The youngest members of the Kardashian-Jenner dynasty are learning the hard way not to mess with beloved rock and rap icons. On Wednesday, sisters Kylie and Kendall Jenner debuted $125 T-shirts on their online store featuring images of themselves superimposed over shots of artists like Tupac Shakur, Metallica, and Led...
Church Prints Very Wrong
'Hail Mary' … by Tupac
Dec 26, 2016 8:42 AM CST
Church Prints Very Wrong 'Hail Mary' … by Tupac
Rapper's version of prayer appeared in a Christmas program in Sri Lanka
- There are many variations of Christmas carols, but worshipers in Sri Lanka were stunned to find an R-rated version of a classic prayer in their holiday program. Andrew Choksy knew immediately the "Hail Mary" he was reading with references to female genitalia, drugs, guns, and the N-word was penned...
the Charm for
2016 Rock Hall
Dec 20, 2016 10:30 AM CST
First Time's the Charm for 2016 Rock Hall
Tupac Shakur, Pearl Jam among inductees
- The late rapper Tupac Shakur and Seattle-based rockers Pearl Jam lead a class of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees that also includes folkie Joan Baez and 1970s favorites Journey, Yes, and Electric Light Orchestra. While Shakur, Baez, Pearl Jam, and ELO were elected this year in their first...
People v. OJ
Biggie, Tupac Murders Next
Nov 11, 2016 10:06 AM CST
People v. OJ
Director Tackling Biggie, Tupac Murders Next
USA Network orders 'Unsolved' pilot
- The director behind FX's acclaimed
People vs. OJ Simpson
miniseries is set to tackle another true crime drama, this one based on the unsolved deaths of rappers Tupac Shakur and The Notorious BIG, also known as Biggie Smalls, the AP reports. The
says USA Network has ordered...
Rock Hall of Fame
Oct 18, 2016 8:58 AM CDT
First-Timers on Rock Hall of Fame Ballot: Pearl Jam, Tupac
Journey, Joan Baez, Depeche Mode also get the nod
- The late rapper Tupac Shakur and Seattle-based rockers Pearl Jam are among the first-time nominees on the ballot for induction next year into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Nine of the 19 acts that were nominated Tuesday are on the ballot for the first time, with Shakur and...
RIP, Tupac, 20 Years Later
Sep 13, 2016 10:58 AM CDT
RIP, Tupac, 20 Years Later
Rapper was shot to death in 1996
- Tuesday is the 20th anniversary of Tupac Shakur's killing, and there's no shortage of articles about his life and death:
counts down eight ways he changed the world, including his performance in
, "the first great dramatic performance by a rapper in a movie."
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.