Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Another US Giant Is
Splitting Into Stand-Alones
Jun 21, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Another US Giant Is Splitting Into Stand-Alones
Kellogg will now have separate businesses dedicated to cereals, snacks, and plant-based foods
- Kellogg is letting go of its Eggos. Rather, the frozen waffle brand will no longer fall under the general Kellogg's umbrella, but instead will be absorbed into one of three stand-alone businesses that the food conglomerate has announced it's splitting into. The
Wall Street Journal
notes the three...
Kellogg Strikers Are
Going Back to Work
Dec 21, 2021 6:30 PM CST
Kellogg Strikers Are Going Back to Work
Union says they got a great deal after 11-week strike
- After more than two months, the Kellogg strike is officially over—and workers got a deal Tony the Tiger might describe as grrreat, according to the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers, and Grain Millers International Union. The union says workers voted Sunday to ratify a deal announced last week and will...
Redditors Clog Kellogg's Job
Portal, in Solidarity With Strike
Dec 11, 2021 8:00 AM CST
Redditors Clog Kellogg's Job Portal, in Solidarity With Strike
Company has said it plans to replace striking workers with new applicants
Kellogg's plan to replace striking workers with new applicants just got more complicated. People on Reddit and TikTok sympathetic to the striking workers are spamming the company's job-application portal, reports the Hill . "It's time to clog their toilet of an application pipeline," reads a...
Workers at All Kellogg's
US Cereal Plants Are on Strike
Oct 5, 2021 5:40 PM CDT
Workers at All Kellogg's US Cereal Plants Are on Strike
Union says company has threatened to send jobs to Mexico
- Work at all of the Kellogg Company's US cereal plants came to a halt Tuesday as roughly 1,400 workers went on strike, but it wasn't immediately clear how much the supply of Frosted Flakes or any of the company's other iconic brands would be disrupted. The...
Kellogg May Be
Losing Keebler Elves
Nov 13, 2018 7:27 AM CST
Kellogg May Be Losing Keebler Elves
And Famous Amos cookies, too
- Snack brands Keebler and Famous Amos are up for grabs: Cereal maker Kellogg is exploring the sale of its cookie and fruit snack businesses, including Keebler, Famous Amos, Mother's Cookies, Murray Cookies, Little Brownie Bakers, and Kellogg's Fruity Snacks. Despite $900 million in annual sales, the brands "...
You Should Stop Eating
Kellogg's Honey Smacks
Jul 13, 2018 6:24 AM CDT
You Should Stop Eating Kellogg's Honey Smacks
Despite salmonella recall, boxes still being sold; 100 people now sickened across US
- The number of people with salmonella linked to Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal has grown to 100 across the US, prompting the CDC to issue a blunt warning via tweet : "Do not eat this cereal." The company voluntarily recalled the cereal last month, but the FDA says it'...
73 Salmonella Cases
Linked to Kellogg's Cereal
Jun 15, 2018 9:49 AM CDT
73 Salmonella Cases Linked to Kellogg's Cereal
Company recalling boxes of Honey Smacks as it investigates
- Kellogg's is recalling boxes of its Honey Smacks cereal, identified as the likely source of a salmonella outbreak that's hit 73 people in 31 states since March. Of those, 24 had been hospitalized as of May 28, when the last known case was reported. Most have occurred in...
Venezuela: Closure of
Kellogg Factory 'Illegal'
May 16, 2018 7:37 AM CDT
Venezuela: Closure of Kellogg Factory 'Illegal'
And the government reacts by seizing said factory from US cereal-maker
- The Kellogg Company decided it had had enough of Venezuela—but Venezuela apparently hasn't had enough of Kellogg. Pointing fingers at the "deterioration" of the country's economic situation, the US cereal-maker announced Tuesday it was closing shop there, leaving 400 workers fresh out of a job, reports...
Kellogg's Sorry About Racially
Insensitive Cereal Boxes
Oct 25, 2017 3:44 PM CDT
Kellogg's Sorry About Racially Insensitive Cereal Boxes
Why do yellow corn pops get to have fun at mall while the only brown one waxes the floor?
- "Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? This is teaching kids racism," Saladin Ahmed tweeted Tuesday. The Marvel Comics writer and fantasy author was looking at the artwork on a box of Kellogg's Corn Pops that
Man Realizes How Much Sugar
Is in Cereals, Sues Kellogg's
Aug 16, 2017 2:17 PM CDT
Man Realizes How Much Sugar Is in Cereals, Sues Kellogg's
Judge refuses to completely dismiss lawsuit
- Kellogg's will appear in court to defend the amount of sugar contained in cereals and other breakfast products it claims are healthy, Courthouse News reports. The class-action lawsuit was brought by Stephen Hadley, who says he ate Kellogg's products for breakfast for years and believed he was making...
Dec 1, 2016 4:07 AM CST
Breitbart Has Declared War on Kellogg
Conservative site fumes over ad pull
- In a development future historians may see as quintessentially 2016, Breitbart.com has declared war on Kellogg. The news site's declaration of "#WAR" and call for a boycott came after Kellogg announced that it will no longer advertise on the right-wing site because it isn't "aligned...
Kellogg Pulls Ads
Nov 30, 2016 12:24 AM CST
Kellogg Pulls Ads From Breitbart
Conservative site calls move 'un-American'
- Kellogg has announced that it will no longer advertise on Breitbart.com, the website formerly run by one of President-elect Donald Trump's top aides, Steve Bannon, reports the AP . The food manufacturer decided to discontinue advertising on the site as soon as it was alerted by consumers to the...
Man Filmed Himself Peeing
on Rice Krispies at Plant
Mar 14, 2016 3:25 AM CDT
Man Filmed Himself Peeing on Rice Krispies at Plant
The act occured in 2014
- The Kellogg Company says producing quality food is "of the utmost importance"—a sentiment apparently ignored by the guy who urinated on a conveyor belt at one of its plants. A video of the act filmed by the man himself and recently posted to a viral video site...
Corn Flakes Invented
to Curb Masturbation
Aug 2, 2015 4:31 PM CDT
Corn Flakes Invented to Curb Masturbation
Guess John Harvey Kellogg preferred mastication
- Kellogg's Corn Flakes sure are tasty, crunchy, and a great cure for masturbation. Sorry, the last bit's not true—but it's partly why John Harvey Kellogg and his brother invented the cereal back in 1878, Real Clear Science reports. An outspoken surgeon, writer, and medical chief at...
Here's the Truth
About Froot Loops
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 26, 2014 7:40 AM CST
Here's the Truth About Froot Loops
They're all the same flavor. Gasp!
- You might want to sit down for this: Froot Loops, variably colored though they may be,
are all the same flavor
. That piece of investigative work comes to you courtesy of Foodbeast and Reddit , but the information isn't exactly new: The Straight Dope revealed it back in 1999, but...
Cereal Over ...
Feb 20, 2013 1:21 PM CST
Kellogg Recalls Cereal Over ... Glass Shards
Special K with red berries might be a little too crunchy
- Fans of Special K will want to note this recall alert from Kellogg: Some packages of the cereal with red berries might have glass fragments, reports ABC News . Sound familiar? Yep, Lean Cuisine had a similar recall recently. The Kellogg recall, presumably from a production snafu, affects packages of 11....
Kellogg Recalls Cereal
Over Metal Fragments
Oct 11, 2012 3:51 PM CDT
Kellogg Recalls Cereal Over Metal Fragments
Bite-size Mini-Wheats might be too crunchy
- Kellogg may not have a ton of recalls, but it definitely has interesting ones. The latest involves frosted and unfrosted Mini-Wheats because of "the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part,” the company explains . It follows a bigger recall of several cereals...
Potatoes Make Junk Food
—but They're Not Junk
Feb 22, 2012 10:17 AM CST
Potatoes Make Junk Food —but They're Not Junk
Mark Bittman: Corn, potatoes don't deserve their bad rap
- Corn and potatoes get a bad rap, due to the fact that we mainly consume them in junk food form. But corn and potatoes themselves are, Mark Bittman reminds us in the
New York Times
, "real food"—unlike, say, Pringles, which are potato chips that contain just 42%...
Kellogg to Mayan Group: Drop 'Toucan Sam-Like' Logo
Aug 23, 2011 6:30 AM CDT
Kellogg to Mayan Group: Drop 'Toucan Sam-Like' Logo
Nonprofit: Our toucan looks nothing like your cartoon
- The toucan is native to Mesoamerica, which is why the Maya Archaeology Initiative , a group that defends Mayan culture, chose to use the bird as its logo. Of course, the toucan is also native to boxes of Kellogg Co.’s Froot Loops cereal—and now the company wants the...
7 Companies Built Around
Really Old Products
Jan 23, 2011 6:54 PM CST
7 Companies Built Around Really Old Products
Barbies, tires, and Corn Flakes rule these companies
- Popular, decades-old products can be a blessing and a curse. For some businesses, these tried-and-true items account for a large chunk of sales. But if a newer, hipper, better product comes along...? 24/7 Wall St. looks at seven companies whose fame and fortune largely rests on aging products:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Iran, US Soccer Now Have Bad Blood Over Altered Flag
Trump Aides Struggle on White Supremacist Dinner
Merriam-Webster Chooses Its Word of the Year
DEA's Most Corrupt Agent: I Didn't Act Alone
Odell Beckham Jr. Escorted Off Flight
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.