Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sorry for Possible
Oct 16, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
Psaki Says Sorry for Possible Breach: 'Words Certainly Matter'
Ethics watchdog says press secretary shouldn't have promoted Va. gubernatorial contender McAuliffe
- President Biden's camp is going all in for support of Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic candidate for Virginia governor, but one member of that team is now getting dinged for not lying low. Reuters reports that the nonprofit watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has called for an...
White House Press
Secretary: I've Got COVID
Oct 5, 2020 10:50 AM CDT
White House Press Secretary: I've Got COVID
Kayleigh McEnany tweets the news
- The White House, a coronavirus hot spot? It looks more that way after White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted that she's tested positive for COVID-19, CNN reports. McEnany says the Monday result came "after testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday." She adds that "...
to Kim Jong Un
Sep 2, 2020 9:09 AM CDT
Sanders Reveals Trump Reaction to Kim Jong Un Flirting
'He f---ing hit on you!' ex-WH press secretary says he exclaimed in incident detailed in new book
- Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been making the rounds of late to help her ex-boss stump for November. This week, however, the buzz around Sanders is focused on her upcoming memoir, a copy of which the
got its hands on a few days before its...
Trump Responds to
Mattis' Scathing Rebuke
Jun 4, 2020 6:19 AM CDT
Trump Responds to Mattis' Scathing Rebuke
President calls his ex-defense secretary 'overrated'
- James Mattis pulled no punches Wednesday in a statement blasting President Trump for his response to the George Floyd protests, calling Trump "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people." Trump fired back at his ex-defense secretary later that evening, per...
Grisham Out as Press Chief,
and Her Successor Is Named
Apr 7, 2020 10:26 AM CDT
Grisham Out as Press Chief, and Her Successor Is Named
Kayleigh McEnany, who has been spokesperson for Trump campaign, will replace her
- Stephanie Grisham is leaving her post as White House press secretary as part of a West Wing communications shake-up, report Politico and CNN . Replacing her will be Trump campaign spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany, reports the
New York Times
. Grisham will become first lady Melania Trump's chief of staff, per CNN,...
First Day on
Fox: I 'Loved'
Sep 6, 2019 12:38 PM CDT
Sarah Sanders' First Day on Fox: I 'Loved' Working for Trump
She's also got a new book on the way from St. Martin's Press
- It's been a few months since we've seen Sarah Sanders appear regularly in front of the camera after she announced in June she was stepping down from her White House post, but we're about to find her on our TV screens a whole lot more. Friday marked...
Sarah Sanders Has a New Job
Aug 22, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Sarah Sanders Has a New Job
She'll join Fox News as an analyst next month
- Sarah Sanders is returning to the public eye. The former White House press secretary is joining Fox News as a political analyst, the network announced . Her first appearance will be on
Fox & Friends
Sept. 6. Sanders served as press secretary from July 2017 through June of this year, though...
Host on ABC's Spicer
Inclusion: 'Agree to Disagree'
Aug 22, 2019 8:38 AM CDT
Host on ABC's Spicer Inclusion: 'Agree to Disagree'
Tom Bergeron makes his feelings known
- Perhaps the biggest buzz following the announcement of the new
Dancing With the Stars
cast was the inclusion of Sean Spicer, with many upset the ex-White House press secretary was invited on the show. Writing for the
New York Times ,
TV critic James Poniewozik makes the case for why including...
Guards Were in
Her Way. The New
WH Press Secretary
Wasn't Having It
Jun 30, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Guards Were in Her Way. The New WH Press Secretary Wasn't Having It
Stephanie Grisham reportedly bruised in incident outside Trump-Kim meeting in DMZ
- Stephanie Grisham is getting into her new role as White House press secretary—and on Sunday she apparently really got into it. CNN reports that Grisham, who was part of the entourage that accompanied President Trump to the Demilitarized Zone for his get-together with Kim Jong Un, was involved in...
Trump Will Need a New
White House Press Secretary
Jun 13, 2019 3:45 PM CDT
Trump Will Need a New White House Press Secretary
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving the post, president announces
- Yet more turnover at the White House: Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving her position as press secretary at the end of the month, President Trump announced in a tweet Thursday. CNN says Sanders "largely redefined the position" of press secretary during her "tumultuous" time in the role, which...
Sep 21, 2018 12:40 PM CDT
The 'Surprise Ascendance' of Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Paige Williams profiles WH press secretary and her job as 'Trump's battering ram' for 'New Yorker'
- "What does the press secretary believe in—other than defending the president's every word?" That's the question Paige Williams poses for a deep dive on Sarah Huckabee Sanders (aka "Trump's battering ram") for the
New Yorker .
It follows Sanders from her "so miserable,...
Did Huckabee Sanders Deserve
It? 2 Opposing Views
Jun 25, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Did Huckabee Sanders Deserve It? 2 Opposing Views
'Washington Post' says Trump officials should be able to 'eat in peace.' A columnist disagrees
- Did a Virginia restaurateur go too far by asking Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave her establishment? The incident came after the Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen and top Trump aide Stephen Miller were publicly heckled at DC restaurants. Below are two different views on whether this kind of thing is...
Sean Spicer Is Ready to
'Set the Record Straight'
Dec 12, 2017 5:59 AM CST
Sean Spicer Is Ready to 'Set the Record Straight'
So former press secretary is writing a book about his 'turbulent tenure' in the White House
- He had a short run in the White House, but his "turbulent tenure" was apparently long enough for Sean Spicer to write a book. That's what Politico reports the former White House press secretary is currently in the midst of doing, with Spicer revealing to Fox News' Sean...
Aug 2, 2017 7:12 AM CDT
, Spicer Is Still Leaving
Some wondered if he'd stay after Scaramucci implosion, but WH official says no
- With Scaramucci out, is Sean Spicer back in? That question has surfaced after the White House communications director was unceremoniously dumped earlier this week (Scaramucci's hire was the reported reason why press secretary Spicer left in the first place). But a senior White House official tells Reuters that Spicer,...
Role May Be
May 18, 2017 12:17 PM CDT
Spicer's Public Role May Be Downsized: Sources
They say Trump doesn't want him behind the podium as much
- Expect to see a lot less of Sean Spicer. Sources tell Politico the White House press secretary will see his public role scaled way back after President Trump returns from his first foreign trip as president. They say Trump has come to "dread" Spicer's daily press briefings, which...
for Hitler Gaffe
Apr 12, 2017 12:21 AM CDT
Spicer Apologizes for Hitler Gaffe
Democratic, Jewish groups want him to quit
- Sean Spicer has had another try at walking back his comments about Hitler not using chemical weapons —and this time, he didn't use the phrase "Holocaust centers." The White House press secretary told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Tuesday evening that he was "trying to make...
Top Senators Reject
Trump Wiretap Claim
Mar 17, 2017 12:09 AM CDT
Top Senators Reject Trump Wiretap Claim
White House stands by accusation
- The White House is standing by its explosive allegation that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower phones—despite the Senate Intelligence Committee's finding that there's no evidence for the claim. "Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump...
Spicer Slammed for
'Flat-Out Not True' Gitmo Claim
Mar 9, 2017 6:21 AM CST
Spicer Slammed for 'Flat-Out Not True' Gitmo Claim
He makes new error correcting Trump tweet
- Like many things these days, it started with a tweet from President Trump: He claimed Tuesday that 122 "vicious prisoners" released from Guantanamo by the Obama administration had returned to the battlefield. All but nine of those had in fact been released under George W. Bush, Politico reports, but...
Jan 26, 2017 10:33 AM CST
Anyone Know What This @PressSec Tweet Means?
Could be a butt-dial, a cry for help, his Twitter password ...
- Was one of Sean Spicer's kids messing around with his cellphone? Or did Vicente Fox's latest tweet rattle the new White House press secretary? Speculation is running rampant, per the Daily Dot , after Spicer sent out a cryptic early-morning tweet Thursday that has since been deleted, but …...
Trump Picks White House
Dec 22, 2016 2:37 PM CST
Trump Picks White House Press Secretary
While filling out the rest of the communications team
- Donald Trump announced his White House communications team Thursday with former RNC communications director Sean Spicer nabbing the role of White House press secretary, Politico reports. The rest of the team will be Hope Hicks as strategic communications director, Jason Miller as communications director, and Dan Scavino as social media...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.