Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Show Is No More
Jul 26, 2022 12:04 AM CDT
Samantha Bee's Show Is No More
'Full Frontal With Samantha Bee' gets the axe
- Samantha Bee's late night show is no more. TBS announced Monday that
will not return in the fall, reports
, which says the series, which ran for seven seasons, had become "a signature program" for the network. "As we continue to shape our new programming...
Mar 18, 2021 8:01 AM CDT
Late Night Got Somber on Wednesday
Hosts speak about the Georgia shootings, racism
- There wasn’t much to laugh about Wednesday as late night hosts took on the Atlanta-area shootings that left eight people dead, including six Asian women. The
's Trevor Noah noted his frustration at the shooter's claim that he wasn't motivated by racism . "Your...
'Anyone Else Feel Like
They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Jan 21, 2021 7:31 AM CST
'Anyone Else Feel Like They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Late night bids farewell to the Trump presidency
- "So that's what it feels like when you're not grinding your teeth." So declared an upbeat Seth Meyers on Wednesday after Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th US president. Meyers took some time stressing the phrase "former President Trump." He "concluded...
Fox's Carlson Responds
to Flap Over Radio Comments
Mar 11, 2019 7:09 AM CDT
Fox's Carlson Responds to Flap Over Radio Comments
He's not apologizing after Media Matters unearths audio it calls 'misogynistic'
- Today's media flap involves liberal advocacy group Media Matters going after a familiar target—Fox News, and specifically host Tucker Carlson. The group released a video in which it compiles comments Tucker made on the
Bubba The Love Sponge
radio show between 2006 and 2011. "Misogynistic and perverted"...
Samantha Bee Angry,
Apologetic on Return to TV
Jun 7, 2018 2:03 AM CDT
Samantha Bee Angry, Apologetic on Return to TV
'Civility is just nice words'
- Comedian Samantha Bee returned to her TBS show Wednesday, apologizing again for using a crude epithet to describe Ivanka Trump but expressing anger that the ensuing controversy distracted from more important issues. President Trump had called for her to be fired for what she said on last week's episode...
Trump: Why Does Samantha
Bee Still Have a Job?
Jun 1, 2018 8:55 AM CDT
Trump: Why Does Samantha Bee Still Have a Job?
President weighs in after comedian's remarks about Ivanka
- The buzz around Samantha Bee and the insult she hurled at Ivanka Trump on her show Wednesday night has, not surprisingly, caught the attention of Ivanka's father, CNN notes. On TBS'
, Bee had called the younger Trump a "feckless c---" while discussing how "oblivious" she...
2 Companies Pull Ads
From Samantha Bee's Show
Jun 1, 2018 6:49 AM CDT
2 Companies Pull Ads From Samantha Bee's Show
Roseanne doesn't like the comparison
- Samantha Bee still has a job, despite conservative calls for her firing over a rude remark about Ivanka Trump , but her show is down at least two advertisers. Autotrader and State Farm announced Thursday that they are suspending their sponsorship of TBS's
, CNN reports. Calling the president'...
Want Her Fired
May 31, 2018 2:13 PM CDT
Samantha Bee Insults Ivanka, Conservatives Want Her Fired
Bee took issue with Ivanka's 'oblivious' tweet, called her the c-word
- Samantha Bee had a request for Ivanka Trump Wednesday on her show, and the way she worded that request is not going over well with conservatives. The
host flashed a photo Ivanka tweeted Sunday showing the First Daughter holding her young son, calling it "oblivious" due to...
Holds Glam-Free Dinner
Apr 30, 2017 6:08 AM CDT
Meanwhile, WHCA Holds Glam-Free Dinner
No Trump and Sam Bee's competing roast siphon the usual celebrity element away
- Prominent Washington journalists, if not Hollywood stars, celebrated the First Amendment during the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner, an event that lacked the glitter of past years. With President Trump sending his regrets , attention was no longer focused on an in-person roasting of the commander in chief and his humorous...
Ditching Press Dinner,
Trump Plans Rally Instead
Apr 23, 2017 6:31 AM CDT
Ditching Press Dinner, Trump Plans Rally Instead
President will head to Harrisburg, Pa., for 'BIG' rally on Saturday
- Eschewing tradition in Washington, DC, President Trump on Saturday will become the first commander in chief since Ronald Reagan—who was then recuperating from an assassination attempt—to skip the annual White House Correspondents Dinner, and instead will head to Harrisburg, Pa., to hold a rally, reports NBC News . Trump...
Show Mocked His 'Nazi Hair.'
Turns Out, He Has Cancer
Mar 10, 2017 6:25 AM CST
Show Mocked His 'Nazi Hair.' Turns Out, He Has Cancer
Samantha Bee's 'Full Frontal' has apologized to Kyle Coddington
- Samantha Bee's political satire show is apologizing for a bit that mocked attendees at the recent CPAC convention for having "Nazi hair"—it turns out that one of the targets actually has brain cancer. "We deeply apologize for offending @_that_kyle in our CPAC segment," reads...
Jan 30, 2017 10:21 AM CST
Samantha Bee Promises Epic Trump Roast
It's planned for same night as White House Correspondents' Dinner
- If Donald Trump chooses to roast journalists, celebrities, and politicians at the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner in Washington, DC, this year, it'll be with the knowledge that he's being brutally mocked not too far away. Samantha Bee of TBS'
says she'll host celebrities, journalists,...
An Unlikely Pair: Samantha
Bee, Glenn Beck Talk Trump
Dec 20, 2016 7:27 AM CST
An Unlikely Pair: Samantha Bee, Glenn Beck Talk Trump
There were insults, conciliatory gestures, and even hand-holding on Monday's 'Full Frontal'
- Some "far-fetched alliances" emerged from Election 2016 (Kanye West and Donald Trump—really?), notes the Daily Beast , but on Monday night, another unlikely celebrity pair put on their best ugly Christmas sweaters and dished about Trump on late-night TV. On
, conservative pundit Glenn Beck joined host Samantha...
Samantha Bee Makes
an Awesome Debut
Feb 9, 2016 12:29 PM CST
Samantha Bee Makes an Awesome Debut
Critics loving fresh perspective in male-dominated late night
- Turns out, you don't need a penis or a desk to host a late-night talk show. So Samantha Bee proved with the debut of
on TBS Monday night. The former
correspondent made her much-anticipated debut Monday with a focus on "the most deranged" election...
Stewart Floored By
Fox's Rape Apologist
Feb 15, 2012 7:10 AM CST
Stewart Floored By Fox's Rape Apologist
Daily Show host mocks Liz Trotta, Rick Santorum for views on women in combat
- Jon Stewart celebrated Valentine's Day last night by gleefully ripping into people who have a problem with the Pentagon's new policies on women in combat. He took some brief shots at Rick Santorum ("What a surprise, Prudence von StickUpHisAss has some concerns!") but saved his...
Nov 17, 2011 9:45 AM CST
Surprise! Occupy Has Class Divisions, Too:
Zuccotti Park had own 'ghetto': Samantha Bee
- Just like the society it criticizes, Occupy Wall Street suffers class divisions of its own, and none other than the
investigated the depths of it on the day protesters were booted from Zuccotti Park—even uncovering divisions in the layout of the park. With its drum circles and...
Roomba Maker Actually a Big-Time Defense Contractor
Feb 11, 2009 1:03 PM CST
Roomba Maker Actually a Big-Time Defense Contractor
- It’s common knowledge that the Defense Department is the progenitor of modern conveniences like the Internet. But would you, for a minute, think it has a $286 million contract with the company that makes your Roomba automated vacuum? That fact surprised Owen Thomas, who writes about it on Valleywag,...
Popular on Newser
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Mick Jagger: My Kids Don't Need $500M
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.