Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Founding Member of the Roots Dead at 47
Malik B's cause of death not released
- Malik B, a rapper and founding member of The Roots, has died. He was 47. The group announced the death of the Philadelphia-born emcee in a social media post Wednesday, the AP reports. The cause of death was not released. Malik B, whose real name is Malik Abdul Basit, was...
Fallon Pulls Off 'Under Pressure' With a Toaster
Brendon Urie, the Roots help out in 12-part performance
- Give yourself an excuse to shout, "Let me out!" with Jimmy Fallon and Panic! At the Disco's Brendon Urie. The pair joined the Roots in remixing Queen and David Bowie's classic, "Under Pressure," on Tuesday's at-home episode of
The Tonight Show
. Fallon covers...
Fallon Picks Perfect Sting Song for a Quarantine Remake
Used in the making of this 'Don't Stand So Close to Me' video: sneakers, scissors, and Connect 4
- Like many late-night hosts contending with the coronavirus, Jimmy Fallon has been fulfilling his
duties from the comfort of his own home , daughters and dog by his side. And like many Americans getting cabin fever, the 45-year-old is desperately seeking a bit of cheer amid the more sobering...
Charlottesville Concert Lineup Released
Dave Matthews Band, Justin Timberlake, Ariana Grande among performers
- Dave Matthews Band will take the stage in their hometown for a concert to benefit the victims of violence in Charlottesville, Va. The Sept. 24 concert at the University of Virginia will be the only live performance of the year for the band, which was first to suggest such a...
NBC Serves Fried Chicken to Honor Black History Month
A move that doesn't go over well once it hits Twitter
- The NBC commissary at 30 Rock is catching plenty of flak after an employee snapped a photo of the day's special—fried chicken, collard greens, and black-eyed peas "in honor of Black History Month"—then shared it with his 1.2 million Twitter followers. Questlove, the drummer for...
Is ... Good!
New host manages to hold his own
- Few expected much from
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,
but since his uneven debut, he’s actually made the show an entertaining diversion for those who find themselves awake after midnight, writes Linda Holmes for NPR's "Monkey See" blog. "The best asset it's turned out Fallon has—...
Hip-Hop Comes to
But Fallon's band will branch out from rap Roots
- When it comes to music, late-night talk shows have long been the province of the Great American Songbook—with some rock and jazz mixed in. But when Jimmy Fallon takes the stage next week, it will be with longtime hip-hop band the Roots. “The show's going to be a...
Popular on Newser
There Hasn't Been an Ocean Find Like This in 120 Years
He Told Sisters to Wear Masks. He Was Stabbed 27 Times
Teen Fatally Shot as He Watches Sunset With Girlfriend
Internet Horrified by Kim Kardashian's 40th Birthday Photos
White House Science Office Says Trump 'Ended Pandemic'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.