Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Powerball Winner Has Rain to
Thank for Hitting Huge Jackpot
Nov 14, 2018 3:13 PM CST
Powerball Winner Has Rain to Thank for Hitting Huge Jackpot
Harlem winner comes forward to claim his half of US' fourth-largest prize
- Robert Bailey has been playing the same lottery numbers for more than 25 years, and on Oct. 27, they paid off for the New York man in a big way when he became one of two winners in the US' fourth-largest jackpot . Bailey said it was rain that forced him...
Iowa Mom Dreamed of
Winning Big, Won Really Big
Nov 5, 2018 2:21 PM CST
Iowa Mom Dreamed of Winning Big, Won Really Big
Powerball winner Lerynne West has started the Callum Foundation
- "Drive slow," Lerynne West told her sister, and with good reason. West, of Redfield, Iowa, had left her lottery ticket on the floor of her sister's pickup truck, and it turns out it was a winner. A big one. West appeared with Iowa lottery officials at a...
US Jackpot Ever
Will Go to 2 Winners
Oct 28, 2018 5:37 AM CDT
4th-Largest US Jackpot Ever Will Go to 2 Winners
They'll split $687M Powerball
- It may sound like peanuts compared to last week's Mega Millions drawing , but the 4th-largest jackpot in US history has a winner—or winners. CNN reports winning tickets were sold in Iowa and New York for Saturday's estimated $687.8 million Powerball jackpot, which was lower than the...
Jackpot Hits $1B
Oct 19, 2018 12:23 PM CDT
Mega Millions Jackpot Hits $1B
There's a reason lottery jackpots have been swelling in recent years
- If it seems like lottery jackpots are getting larger and larger, it's because they are. Friday night's Mega Millions grand prize has hit a staggering $1 billion, continuing a trend of giant jackpots. It's the second-largest lottery prize in US history and joins five other top 10...
2nd-Largest Lottery Prize
in US History Is Up for Grabs
Oct 17, 2018 8:21 AM CDT
2nd-Largest Lottery Prize in US History Is Up for Grabs
Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $868M
- No winning lottery ticket was sold for the latest Mega Millions drawing, meaning the jackpot climbs to $868 million—the second-largest lottery prize in US history. The record lottery jackpot was a $1.6 billion Powerball prize won in January 2016. This time around, the jackpot has been growing since...
$457M Powerball Jackpot
is 8th Largest Ever
Mar 18, 2018 1:45 PM CDT
$457M Powerball Jackpot is 8th Largest Ever
A winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania
- If you bought a Powerball ticket in Pennsylvania for Saturday's drawing, you may be holding a piece of paper worth $457 million. Per the AP , Powerball officials say a single winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania that matches all of the winning numbers: 22-57-59-60-66 and Powerball 7. The jackpot...
$560M Lottery Winner
Can Remain Anonymous
Mar 12, 2018 1:59 PM CDT
$560M Lottery Winner Can Remain Anonymous
Judge rules in Jane Doe's favor
- A judge ruled Monday that a New Hampshire woman who won a Powerball jackpot worth nearly $560 million can keep her identity private, but not her hometown, the AP reports. Judge Charles Temple noted that the case's resolution rested on application of the state's Right-to-Know law, which governs...
Still Trying to Keep Name Quiet,
Lotto Winner Gets Her Dough
Mar 8, 2018 9:50 AM CST
Still Trying to Keep Name Quiet, Lotto Winner Gets Her Dough
Judge may still decide to release NH woman's name
- A lucky lottery winner has managed to claim a $560 million Powerball jackpot anonymously, though she might not be so lucky for long. The New Hampshire woman identified as "Jane Doe," who only learned she could claim the winnings anonymously through a trust after she'd already signed...
$560M Lottery Winner
Fights to Reverse
Feb 14, 2018 6:00 AM CST
$560M Lottery Winner Fights to Reverse 'Huge Mistake'
Lawyers say she's already being targeted by scammers
- The mystery New Hampshire woman who won a $560 million Powerball jackpot still has a privacy problem—but there's no shortage of people offering to help. Lawyers for "Jane Doe," who wants to collect the prize anonymously but made the "huge mistake" of signing the ticket...
$560M Lottery Winner
Made a 'Huge Mistake'
Feb 6, 2018 6:03 AM CST
$560M Lottery Winner Made a 'Huge Mistake'
NH woman has yet to claim prize over privacy concerns after she signed the back of the ticket
- A New Hampshire woman found out she was the winner of the $559.7 million Powerball grand prize drawn on Jan. 6. Then she made a "huge mistake." Following instructions on the state lottery website , she signed the back of the ticket, which seemed like a no-brainer. But...
2 Lucky Lottery Winners
Score a $1B Weekend
Jan 7, 2018 6:04 AM CST
2 Lucky Lottery Winners Score a $1B Weekend
On heels of $450M Mega Millions win in Florida, a lone Powerball player wins $570M in NH
- It's been a billion-dollar lottery weekend after a lone Powerball ticket sold in New Hampshire matched all six numbers and will claim a $570 million jackpot, reports the AP , one day after another single ticket sold in Florida nabbed a $450 million Mega Millions grand prize . The winning Powerball...
Cops: $338M Powerball Winner
Sexually Assaulted a Child
Sep 21, 2017 1:03 AM CDT
Cops: $338M Powerball Winner Sexually Assaulted a Child
Pedro Quezada could get 20 years in prison
- A New Jersey man who won a $338 million Powerball jackpot was charged on Wednesday with sexually assaulting a child. Pedro Quezada was charged with sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child, the AP reports. Passaic County prosecutor Camelia Valdes said the child was between 11 and 14...
Mavis Wanczyk Wins $758M
Powerball Jackpot, Quits Job
Aug 24, 2017 2:13 PM CDT
Mavis Wanczyk Wins $758M Powerball Jackpot, Quits Job
'My pipe dream came true'
- "I called [my employer] and told them I will not be coming back," Fox News quotes Mavis Wanczyk as saying after claiming her massive $758.7 million Powerball jackpot on Thursday.
reports it's the largest grand prize won with a single lottery ticket in US...
Lottery Officials Goof, Name
Wrong City in Powerball Win
Aug 24, 2017 7:48 AM CDT
Lottery Officials Goof, Name Wrong City in Powerball Win
Somebody in Chicopee, Mass., won the $759M prize
- Somebody who bought a Powerball ticket in Massachusetts has scored the biggest solo jackpot in American history. But state lottery officials have a major correction: It turns out, the winning ticket for $759 million was sold at a store in Chicopee, not Watertown as originally announced, reports the AP . "...
Powerball Jackpot Now
2nd Biggest in History
Aug 22, 2017 12:55 PM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Now 2nd Biggest in History
It's up to $700M for Wednesday night's drawing
- Get your lucky numbers ready. The jackpot for Wednesday night's Powerball lottery game has climbed to $700 million, making it the second largest in US history, per the AP . The drawing will be 10:59pm EDT in Tallahassee, Fla. For the record, the $700 million figure refers to the...
Powerball Jackpot Now
Stands at $650M
Aug 20, 2017 12:00 PM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Now Stands at $650M
No one has gotten the right six numbers in months
- Powerball officials say there was no grand prize winner in the latest drawing, meaning one of the nation's largest lottery jackpots will continue growing, the AP reports. Maura McCann of the New Hampshire Lottery says no ticket matched all six numbers following Saturday night's drawing. The winning numbers...
Someone Just Hit a
Giant Powerball Jackpot
Jun 11, 2017 6:32 AM CDT
Someone Just Hit a Giant Powerball Jackpot
Lone winner in California has a ticket worth $447M, 10th largest in history
- A single winning Powerball ticket matching all six numbers was sold in California and will claim an estimated $447.8 million jackpot, lottery officials said. It was not immediately known where the ticket that will claim the 10th largest lottery prize in US history was sold, according to Powerball spokesman...
Couple Spent 6 Months
Preparing to Claim
Jul 19, 2016 2:41 PM CDT
Couple Spent 6 Months Preparing to Claim Powerball Jackpot
And now California's Marvin and Mae Acosta plan to 'fall off the grid'
- Three winning tickets were sold in January's record $1.6 billion Powerball drawing , the largest in US history: one in Florida, one in Tennessee, and one in the LA suburb of Chino Hills. But while the Florida and Tennessee winners came forward almost immediately, the third claimant(s) remained a...
NJ Powerball Winner:
Mom, 7 Kids
May 13, 2016 3:03 PM CDT
NJ Powerball Winner: Mom, 7 Kids
Here's what they plan to do with the money
- A woman and her seven adult children stepped forward Friday to claim a $429.6 million Powerball jackpot, the AP reports. Eight members of the Smith family announced that they had the sole winning ticket purchased in Trenton for last Saturday's drawing. They plan to tithe 10% of the...
Someone is $430M
Richer in New Jersey
May 8, 2016 5:40 AM CDT
Someone is $430M Richer in New Jersey
Single winning Powerball ticket is sold
- Someone is holding onto the sole winning Powerball ticket that was sold in New Jersey and is worth $429.6 million, reports AP . Only one ticket matched all six numbers in Saturday night's drawing, said Powerball spokeswoman Kelly Cripe. The winning Powerball numbers were 5-25-26-44-66 and the Powerball number...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
His Startup Is About to Go Public. He's Also a Killer
3 Cadets Who Refused Vaccine Won't Be Commissioned
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
Jif Recalls Peanut Butter
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.