Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 324,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
'Miracle on Ice' Player Found Unfit to Stand Trial
Mark Pavelich's family blames NHL head injuries
- Mark Pavelich, a member of the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" US hockey team, attacked a neighbor after a fishing trip in August, authorities say—but he will not be standing trial for the assault any time soon. At a court hearing in Minnesota on Monday, Judge Michael Cuzzo suspended...
US Wins First Hockey Gold in 20 Years
USA women beat Canada in tiebreaker shootout
- The United States has beaten Canada in a shootout to win their first Olympic gold since 1998 in women's hockey. Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson scored in the first extra round of the first shootout tiebreaker in Olympic women's hockey history on Thursday to give the United States the gold medal...
Well, USA Men's Hockey Just Lost to Slovenia
And the internet raises a collective eyebrow
- Deadspin's headline says it all: "USA Men's Hockey Loses To Slovenia. Slovenia!" Five practices were supposed to prepare the Americans for this, but the preparation wasn't enough to fend off the fatigue as the United States blew a two-goal lead and lost a 3-2...
Why US Women May Ditch Hockey World Championships
Ladies say they want a living wage to keep up with the guys
- Meghan Duggan isn't even 30 and she's already won six world championships with the US women's hockey team—and yet she says her team can't get living-wage paychecks that would put them on par with male colleagues. "That's why our team is taking a...
USA Hockey Coach: Sit for the Anthem, Get Benched
Tortorella won't stand for not standing
- John Tortorella says he sees coaching Team USA hockey as helping his country—and he will not tolerate players failing to stand for the anthem. "If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game," he...
IOC: Take 'We the People' Off US Goalie Mask
Constitution quote is 'propaganda,' Olympic bosses say
- The goalie for the American women's hockey team has been told to remove a quote from the US Constitution from her helmet because it counts as "propaganda." The illustration of the document including the line "We the People" has been scrubbed from Jessie Vetter's helmet...
Robert Gibbs Settles Up, Dons Canada Jersey
Press secretary lost twice to Canadian counterpart over Olympic hockey
- White House spokesman Robert Gibbs came to his daily on-camera briefing today wearing a red-and-white Canadian hockey jersey—the result of not one, but two losing bets on the US-Canadian rivalry at the recent Winter Olympics.
37 US Medals Set Record, Canada Scores Most Gold
Epic hockey game ends with unprecedented haul for each country
- The US and Canada each set Winter Olympic medal records yesterday, after a men’s hockey final that’s already being talked about as one of the greatest games of all time. Canada came away with 14 gold medals, the most any country has ever won in the winter games,...
Canada Wins, Gets US for Hockey Gold
Home team tops Slovakia, earns rematch with Americans
- The Canadian men’s hockey team will play for the gold medal the host nation most desperately wants from the Vancouver Olympics, earning a rematch with the US by fending off a third-period charge from Slovakia tonight in a 3-2 victory. The Canadians lost, 5-3 to the Americans last Sunday;...
US Goalies Ordered to Ditch Helmet Slogans
'Miller Time,' 'Support Our Troops' violate IOC rules
- Olympic officials have ordered USA Hockey's goalies to get rid of slogans on their helmets before the team's first game in Vancouver. Ryan Miller has been told to cover up or remove the "Miller Time" slogan on his headgear and fellow netminder Jonathan Quick must ditch his "Support...
Popular on Newser
Zoom CEO: 'I Really Messed Up'
CDC: How to Make a Mask in 45 Seconds
Welcome to the World of Coronavirus Shaming
Germany Hurls Big Accusation at Trump Over N95 Masks
Birx Warns of Spike in Deaths in 3 Hot Spots
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.