Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Woman Sues Frito-Lay
Over 'All Natural' Claims
Jan 6, 2012 3:19 PM CST
Woman Sues Frito-Lay Over 'All Natural' Claims
Tostitos, Sun Chips made with genetically modified oil: suit
- Almost exactly one year ago, your helpful Newser editors informed you that Frito-Lay had big plans for 2011: to make 50% of its line from "all-natural" ingredients. And according to one California woman, that effort has been a big fail. Julie Gengo has filed a class-action lawsuit against Frito-Lay,...
Sun Chips Tries Again
With Quieter Bag
Feb 24, 2011 5:58 PM CST
Sun Chips Tries Again With Quieter Bag
Company debuts new biodegradable packaging
- Sun Chips is out with another biodegradable bag, but this time it swears you won't need ear protection. Frito-Lay backtracked on last year's really, really loud version amid complaints, ridicule, and poor sales. Now the company has begun putting a new biodegradable bag on shelves (for the "Original" chips),...
Sun Chips Dumps Loud
Oct 5, 2010 11:51 AM CDT
Sun Chips Dumps Loud —and Green—Bag
No one wants their chips to sound like a jet engine, apparently
- Frito-Lay tried to go green, it really did, but that compostable Sun Chips bag was just too darn loud . The biodegradable bag, made from plant material, made more of a splash for its ridiculous volume than it did for its ability to be recycled, and has been compared to a...
Sun Chips Bags:
Louder Than a
Aug 18, 2010 7:25 AM CDT
Sun Chips Bags: Louder Than a Jet Cockpit
Going green isn't always good ... on your ears
- Today’s hard-hitting investigative report from the
Wall Street Journal
: The new Sun Chips bags are loud. Like,
loud. The new bags are biodegradable and compostable (good), but as a result, are also more “crispy and crunchy” (bad). The poor Sun Chips fans who just want to be...
Popular on Newser
Kidnapped California Family Found Dead
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope, US Tourist Smashes Ancient Statues
Source Explains Why Kanye West Wore 'White Lives Matter' Shirt
Dozens Dead in Attack on Day Care Center in Thailand
He Slaughtered 6 Relatives, Including His 2 Young Cousins
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.